Why are anglos and Americans so insecure about their disbelief in God that they constantly need to write books about it...

Why are anglos and Americans so insecure about their disbelief in God that they constantly need to write books about it, whereas Czechs and Swedes are perfectly content with their atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU
youtube.com/watch?v=IQUsK2eNkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dawkins was directly involved with the whole intelligent design issue before writing this book.

America has MANY people that do BELIEVE (really believe) in God in the Judeo-Christian or Islamic tradition. The problem is not the 'run of the mill' atheist being uncomfortable with their atheism, but politicians who are atheists being unwilling to admit to their atheism. They wouldn't get elected.

>but politicians who are atheists being unwilling to admit to their atheism. They wouldn't get elected.
As opposed to the "secular-humanistic havens" of Latin America and Romania, that did elect non-believers without a hitch?

for

Not getting /pol/
This is a thought exercise.

Sure... Why not? Imagine if any of the current candidates for President openly proclaiming their Atheism or Agnosticism.

The financial power (which equates to speech here) of the religious community would descend from on high to fight against said candidate.

Of the Agnostics currently still in the race, none is willing to take the chance. Winning is more important than TRUTH in America. Until SOMEONE of major notoriety and respect "comes out of the closet", Agnostics don't have a chance.

(I firmly believe (just my opinion, who is not important) we have had 2 Agnostic presidents.)

The USA isn't fully in a Post Christian state like all of Europe so the atheists are more militant because they're ex Christians or are angry that Christianity can still influence societal values.

But hey we're near the point of being at Nietzsche Death of God. Soon nearly everyone will put security, hedonism and a care not attitude toward anything that doesn't satisfy those two urges.

It's implied that American politicians specifically do not want to risk being publicly atheist.

Basically every religious and righwing voice would work overtime to estrange said politician's religious voters from them.

security with sustainability?

>Imagine if any of the current candidates for President openly proclaiming their Atheism or Agnosticism.
You mean Bernie "i'm only a jew culturally. I don't care about religion?". You think any candidate in Europe makes more than a passing note to their ir/religious view?

What is objectively better: To come to the right answer and provide documentation in order to defend your views, or to simply have the right answer and be unable to articulate a defence?

No...
And we are getting way too /pol/ here.

I am referring to 3 of the remaining 3 candidates.

>Why are Italians and Germans so insecure about their belief in God that they constantly need to write books about it, whereas Africans and Brazilians are perfectly content with their Christianity?

>Dawkins
>American

Do you prefer S. J. Gould?

One of which is Bernie Sanders.

>As opposed to the "secular-humanistic havens" of Latin America
Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? I am from latin america and this place is not secular, you gotta be kidding me.

I wonder how secure you'd feel if your county had tons and tons of insane fundementalist lunatics in it. Remember that western europe's insane religious whackjobs got shipped overseas.

I didn't say that. That would be too /pol/. This is merely a thought exercise.

Exactly. America was settled by "Christian Extremists" who made sure the Right to be religiously extreme was codified in their Constitution.

You're really haunted by pol, you refer to them at every single of your posts

It's important to keep this board related to history and not use it to battle over the political whims of today. This board has enough problems with impossible discussions of religion. Imagine if The American elections were fought out on this board instead of /pol/.

Discussion of current politics here is also against the rules.

Anglos are god killers

is this a serious question?

>is this a serious question?

No.

>Why are anglos and Americans so insecure about their disbelief

just fuck off already and keep your beliefs to yourself, as soon as you do that, no one will bother you with their books and insecurities opposing your view

How rude... It's a valid observation as your immature (and insecure) response confirms.

calling something rude and insecure doesnt really mean anything, and you cant deny that religion is still responsible for some really stupid shit, especially in the us. if that stopped, there would be no need for anyone to publish any books to oppose you

btw, if publishing books is insecure then im pretty sure you would like too google 'books about religion'

>"i'm only a jew culturally. I don't care about religion?"

This isn't even an explicit statement of atheism or agnostisism. The fact that Bernie is the most leftist candidate in a very long time and even HE can't outright state it says something.

As long as there is a strong religious majority Candidates will be reluctant to not display them-self as having some sort of faith

This, and even Donald Trump, who is almost certainly not a Christian in any sense that matters has to pretend to be one to get the Republican vote. It matters a whole hell of a lot in American politics.

Compare this to Greece which is one of the most christian countries in Europe and they have an atheist prime minister.

Oppose me? Be specific. Oppose what?

This is my position;
So...
You are still rude...
Try again young person.

fucking christ he's not battling political whims he's addressing the statement that you cannot be irreligious in american politics by showing that one of the three current runners is not religious. The only thing you can muster in response is to not be /pol/ fkn lol

Jesus sex life is not the issue.
I restate again, this is my position:
And you are still rude young man

>For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
Romans 1:19-22

youtube.com/watch?v=JiMqzN_YSXU

>For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
Romans 1:19-22

youtube.com/watch?v=IQUsK2eNkfc
youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw

Isn't it mostly just Dawkins who's like this as far as Anglos go? Atheism is normal in Britain so I can't imagine we'd have many insecure atheists here.
That said I did have a friend who was like that, couldn't stop bitching about Christianity despite probably never having to deal with any very religious people. Probably over it by now.

Or did you just mean native English-speakers or people from former English colonies in general? I don't know the exact definition of the term Anglo honestly.