What di d the Veeky Forumstorical Jesus wish to achieve?

What di d the Veeky Forumstorical Jesus wish to achieve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-2-6cb9j-I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus#Testimonium_Flavianum
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ
patheos.com/blogs/godlessindixie/2014/09/04/an-atheists-defense-of-the-historicity-of-jesus/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas#Anachronisms
carm.org/what-does-islam-and-quran-say-about-jesus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Salvation of your soul

Man, that quote can justify some mean bullshit

Like what?

What bullshit

Your bullshit
Queer

Continuing discrimination of a maligned group in the dawn of a more tolerant age. In other words
>muh degeneracy
>inb4 tumblr

Like terrorism

The same things any cult leader wants. Adoring fans, a living that doesn't involve manual labor, etc

You gotta break some eggs man

Historical Jesus probably didn't exist.

Young boys in dresses, obviously:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-2-6cb9j-I

HOL UP
*bombs planned parenthood office*
YOU BE SAYIN
*Plots to use Gunpowder*
WE WUZ
*Erects burning cross*
INHERITORS OF JESUS' WILL N' SHEEEEIT?
*Trains children for war*

The establishment of the kingdom of Israel

So, he was rebelling against the Romans to create a new Kingdom of Israel with himself King.

As his geanology claims Mary was a descendant of King David and so was Joseph

PS. He was pruported to be the son of Gof

Sin of God

No, I think he had it right.

He wanted things to be better for the Jews. That's literally it.

Calm your fedora

Not only the Jews but the Jews first

>Veeky Forumstorical Jesus

No such thing, Jesus is a farce, the antichrist.

Considering this, and seeming how it is a work of satan, the objective is to deceive mankind and have them follow a presumed law of God that isn't the law of God at all.

Because in a world like the one described in the bible (most of mankind are actually demons), loving your enemies, redistributing your riches among the poor and letting yourself be smacked, means doing that to demos, and this doesn't sound particularly holy to me.

Anybody claiming that Jesus is the true one should be demanded to prove it complete and absolutely without a hinting of doubt or be skinned alive, then bathed in salt and vinegar so he feels the wound and finally burnt to ashes.

I have yet to see a single miracle from one of these liars though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus#Testimonium_Flavianum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

patheos.com/blogs/godlessindixie/2014/09/04/an-atheists-defense-of-the-historicity-of-jesus/

>"He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees"

- Bart Ehrman

>"There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that any more.

- Michael Grant

>"In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary.

- Richard Burridge

Christians are fine and it's theology has produced some of the greatest thinkers and inspired some of the most beautiful works of art known to mankind.

I just dislike ideological extremism in general. *tip*

He wanted to out-jew the jew and did it by removing the "chosen" component of judaism and making slave morality accessible to all.

>these books prove jesus existed

Oh.

These writings prove I am a saiyan:

"This poster is a saiyan".

Ta-da!

It also has resulted in the decline of the masculine spirit of the west and created an overcivilized man who isn't really a man at all but a surrogate female for the modern state which was founded upon its ideals.

“Truthfully, in this age those with intellect have no courage and those with some modicum of physical courage have no intellect. If things are to alter during the next fifty years then we must re-embrace Byron’s ideal: the cultured thug.” - Jonathan Bowden

There are plenty of places left to be a man and pump a woman full of children or something.

I'd rather participate in the fall of western civilization with chinese cartoons, cooking, and confrontational avoidance to a point.

If you aren't going to rebel against chaos, then the consistent action to take is immediate death but of course those who conform to entropy cant be expected to act in accordance with their ideals either right?

Being consistent and honest (in intent and your ends) is a masculine noble trait and not something many have.

Jesus was just an example of many super concious entities incarnated into humans who tried to show some people on the middle east how to live in a present state and how they will have to leave every possesion after they die so they should not really love their possesions.

Basically he was a whistleblower and revolutionary who's words were misinterpreted in the course of history way too much.

>God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

>seeming how it is a work of satan
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Matthew 7:15-20

>Anybody claiming that Jesus is the true one should be demanded to prove it complete and absolutely without a hinting of doubt or be skinned alive, then bathed in salt and vinegar so he feels the wound and finally burnt to ashes.
t. butthurt demonic muslim

>seeming how it is a work of satan
“They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food--but food of an ordinary and innocent kind.”

Pliny, Letters, transl. by William Melmoth, rev. by W.M.L. Hutchinson (Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1935), vol. II, X:96, cited in Habermas, The Historical Jesus, 199.

>buthurt demonic muslims

Muslims believe in Jesus. At least, get your facts straight.

No they don't. They believe in Muhammad and follow his demonic teachings.

>Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.
John 14:6-7

>We know that we have come to know Him if we keep His commands. Whoever says, ‘’I know Him’’ but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:3-4

>Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He made to us—eternal life.
1 John 2:22-25

>He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His might.
2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

>See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
Colossians 2:8-10

>But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9

Look at what muslims produced: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas#Anachronisms

Muhammad was Satan's pawn.

Jesus is the Christ prophesied in scripture, born of God.

Maximum communism, the true Kingdom of God.

This is why Fidel Castro hasn't died yet, God is on his side.

>communism
>anti-theism despotism
pick two

What if I told you that Jesus came to abolish religion?

What if I told you that Jesus is God and that all religions need to be dismantled so we can all follow the commands of the One True God?

Which miraculously coincide perfectly with communism.

Jesus was historically the first communist

>It is easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.

The Bourgeoisie go to hell AKA the Gulag.
Righteous and humple proletariat go to heaven AKA Communist utopia.

Well,I guess then the Muslims you are talking about don't read the Quran much? Do they?

carm.org/what-does-islam-and-quran-say-about-jesus

I would say that your full of shit and that there is no evidence for the assertions that you are making.

They deny His teachings, crucifixion, ressurrection and divinity.

>there is no evidence for the assertions that you are making
You wish, pal.

I find the apocalyptic Jesus most convincing. If that is true, he was advocating for people to be extremely moral and make themselves into the lowest class, as these would be welcomed into the kingdom of God when God came back to earth and overthrew the existing order. The scene in the temple may have been some attempt to "force" this.

*You're

But where did he get this idea from?
John the Baptist?
Or was it just believed by a group of jews and he was the only one who openly said it and led his people

Which of his teachings do they deny? Genuinely curious.

That depends entirely on if you believe that Paul was full of shit or not, because Paul says a lot of shit that he attributes to Jesus but Jesus isn't actually recorded as saying in the Bible itself.
I believe most Muslims believe that Paul corrupted the teachings of Christ? Whereas Christians are almost entirely Pauline

No actually, I know this. Because the supernatural claims of the bible are both extraordinary and unverifiable as well.

He wanted to overthrow Roman occupation, including those Jews in collaboration with the Romans in the Temple. Ultimately restoring Jewish hegemony by bringing about the Kingdom of Israel.

I can't believe there are so many bullshit replies in this thread; and the Christian proselytizing in this thread is terrible.

>Render unto Caesar
Yes, he definitely wanted to overthrow Roman rule
kys

He said that to hide his true intentions, the secret knowledge or mission was only revealed to his apostles. He knew about those who tried before him to take on the authority ended up arrested and dead almost immediately. When he said that, it was in deception to try and buy him time to make his move to try and turn over temple authority.

Sounds like some gnostic bullshit tbqhwyfamilia

Half the time Jesus is quoting from Daniel. He is literally there to bring about the Kingdom of Israel as Messiah.

Or, made the attempt to like so many before and after him.

He quoted the old testament all the time, yes. But he was also rejected by Jews precisely because he refused to use the sword, which is what they expected.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about a spiritual kingdom, not a literal earthly kingdom

Yes, but that was mostly because he was an apocalyptic kook.

We don't know whether expected God to intervene or whether he expected the Kingdom of God to be made on earth by human action, he's not really clear on that. All we know is that he viewed the world in good and evil, where evil was the Roman empire and its collaborators, and good was everyone who was willing to follow him, and some final battle and ultimate defeat of evil. I don't think even he knew how this was going to take place

>I'm pretty sure he was talking about a spiritual kingdom

No, unless we are talking theology, and not history, he was referring to the actual reestablishment of the Kingdom, he mentions David often.

If you want to talk pauline theology, then I'm there are many on here that would love to go into all that. However, the OP was referring to the historical Jesus, no the theological Jesus.

I see, and those christians were of jesus because it says so in a book.

This text says I'm a saiyan, so I must be:

"This poster is a saiyan".

Tacitus on christians:

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind.

Again, says so in a book, so it must be true.

I see you haven't refuted the prophecy on the pic?

Do a miracle, if you come from God and know the true Christ, you will be able to.

Try moving a mountain.

>inb4 see my dubs

As if that was a miracle.

>muslim

No, I am actually christian, I seek the true christ, and rest assured I will accept no "christ" that isn't able to do the miracles proper of the true christians.

Why aren't you able do to miracles?

Let me answer that for you: because you are proclaiming the antichrist and God doesn't backup your words.

>Love your enemies

That's antinatural, if you have been tortured for 50 straight years you won't love your torturer, no matter what lie you invent your body will simply not obey you, your heart won't feel shit.

A demonic abomination.

>a class hated for their abominations
In other words: hated for the lies told about them

They were probably called cannibals who eat babies, dummy.

He went around telling people he's the son of god and people actually believed it, absolute madman.

Autism?

Haven't seen that miracle you were going to do because you claimed to come from God and the true Christ, therefore you lie.

It's that simple.

"Oh, I'm a chosen one of God saved by Him, I come from Christ and am representant of him!"

Where the miracles at, then?

Autism is the mental illness of seeing the truth, hating it and throwing insults at it in hopes it will go away.

>I am actually christian

Maybe, we'll never know either way, as anything that would have decisively proven the early christians were seditionists attempting to undermine the roman state is mostly likely either destroyed by said christians or locked up in a vatican vault somewhere.

Yes, I believe there is a God and a Christ, I just don't believe in "people" that claim to be true christians but can't pull of a miracle for shit.

Therefore I am a christian.

t. Jehovah's Witness apostate

>hurrr if you don't have divine power which would allow you to do miracles you aren't Christian
durrrr
>hurrr Jesus is not God, I'm a true christian btw
durrrr

Miracles done so far to prove they do not lie: 0

Are you retarded? This is a serious question.

How am I supposed to have divine power?

You're not a Christian, you're an apostate.

Have fun in Hell.

Mark 11:23

"Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him.

>I-I have doubts

No, you have none, as you're defending this guy at any cost.

>this guy
>''Jesus was just a guy, I'm christian btw xD''
7/10 bait senpai

>I can't prove my words but I will say it anyway

Convincing...

They believe he is a man,a prophet,wasn't crucified (raised to heaven) and did not return at the time but will one day come back.

They don't reject his teachings(they claim his teachings were changed over time) but only reject him being the son of God.

So what do you call yourself exactly? What ''christian denomination'' are you part of?

>reject him being the son of God
Which is why they reject Him even though they think they don't.

>Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He made to us—eternal life.
1 John 2:22-25

I am simply looking for actual christians, whom are the ones able to do miracles.

You call yourselves christians, have thousands of denominations and none of them is able to do a single, fucking miracle, nor do they do what they preach.

So what do you call yourself exactly? What ''christian denomination'' are you part of?

I suppose Beowulf was a part of this decline?
The Crusaders too?
Perhaps it was liberalism and the secularism that did this?
No really.
It was the liberalism and the secularism.
No not the dumblr plebbit atheist types.
The pseudo-intellectual men of the Renaissance and Enlightenment.
The age when violence became synonymous with stupidity and pacifism or at least refraining from violence was the "intellectual choice".
We see a very clear shift in the thinking of man during this time period.
But old habits die hard as they say, when the last vestiges of the final 'heroic age' of man
>WW1
After that, secularism and anti-violence rose exponentially.
Consider that WWII didn't posses anywhere near the spirit of the first world war, at least in the early years.

Christos of the East is the warrior king who conquered death itself, there is no one greater that a warrior might praise.

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that most reliable account of a berserker was that he was a Christian King.
By reliable I mean, historical, non-saga.
anyways, just a thought.

Think, its useful.

It's also worth mentioning that the secular ideals of the modern West find their root in Christianity.
When the ideals of Christianity became secularized, they created weaker men.
You want strength, you'll return to the old ways.

So can anything, that isn't really a fair objection....
If man has evil in his heart, all the laws of God and men can do naught to prevent him from his crime.

>anti-violence is a bad thing

What the actual fuck is wrong with you

>muh personal "relationship" with Christ

Guys, he's looking for an honest man.

Where did you get he wanted to make slavery available to all? Tf..

Probably he was a follower of John the Baptist - in all four gospels he gets baptized by John, and gJohn has to give a reason why the inferior (John the Baptist) is baptizing the superior (Jesus, the son of God).

Furthermore, we know of other apocalyptic beliefs at the time, from sources such as the dead sea scrolls and the writings of Josephus, so it's not like Jesus and John were the only ones preaching this stuff. It was "in the air," so to speak.

What about the crusades.. the Holy war.. when Christians killed anyone who wasn't Christian. .

I never said it was bad.
On what ground would you place a judgment of values?

"All niggers must fucking hang"
- Baby Jesus

What did he mean by this?

>historical Jesus
What kind of retarded term is this?

The Biblical Jesus is the historical Jesus.