Korean History general

Korean History general

Get in here, niggas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

besides Admiral motherfucking Yi are there any other Korean figures I should know about

well I guess the Kim family and the guy who saved South Korea

Ko un is pretty cool if you like poetry

Boo hoo

how do you think k-pop will be remembered in future history?

as the filth that it is

It'll be remembered like disco will be remembered.
A musical mistake.

Hwan was the mightiest empire in human history!

Finno-Mongols were vanquished by the mighty Hwan battalions!

>dog for dinner again?

More feces wine? Don't mind if I do!

Korean BBQ is GOAT desu

after i eat korean i have a strong desire to fetch

threadly reminder that pizza is a dish indigenous to Korea and was STOLEN by the Italians

youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs

Bump

gwanggaeto

I feel like there were also probably some amazing generals that rekt the Sui dynasty invasions but I don't know who they were specifically.

King Bulgogi is my favorite

Corear presidnet was great

Please be polite. We're all hyungs and nunas here

Stop pretending to be a jap.

Can someone who knows about Korean history please post something interesting in this thread?

Jokes aside, Japanese rule over Corea was not so harsh as western nations over their colonies.

Bump

Few people know this, but the Park Regime's economic liftoff was in part modeled on some of the success of the DPRK. They basically copied their village mobilization campaign.

>nunas
>on Veeky Forums

This my rare yi Pepe do not save. 저장 금지.

What did Koreans think of MacArthur? I know the japs loved him.

Except, y'know, that disco has been back on top in pop music for half a decade now. Meanwhile rock is dying.

we're all dongsaengs here

Just came back from a trip to Korea, and I'll be moving there permanently later. So glad I'm learning Korean now and stopped wasting my life as a weeaboo.

So anyways why on Earth did the KCIA head guy kill Park Chung-Hee at dinner? There's so many competing conspiracy theories it makes the JFK assassination look straightforward.

연노
투석기

Except no.
R&B/EDM/Hiphop has been the chart topper for the last decade.
Literally name me a single disco song that's been in the top 40's from the last 5 years.

Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft Pharrell
Lose Yourself to Dance - Daft Punk ft Pharell
Take Back The Night - Justin Timberlake
Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars

And that's just off the top of my head.

Nah, it was pretty bad. You're thinking of Taiwan. Now that was some soft-ass colonizing.

Yup. It came down to Taiwan being mostly governed by an IJN clique, who were always the more aristocratic gentleman types, while Korea was governed by IJA types with NIPPON STRONK BANZAIII attitudes.
Hence modern Taiwanese love Japan and Koreans hate Japan.

Taiwanese people really are the biggest weebs.

Seriously they are lol. I've had Taiwanese girls twice tell me the Nanjing massacre was great because it killed lots of Shina-ren and Japan is hao ke ai.

Seongdeok Daewang: reformer, diplomat, inventor

Pretty cool how Sejong invented Hangul to disseminate literacy to the common man.

Literally every taiwanese kid I knew in highschool was in the anime club too.

Hangul is fucking great except for those sneaky hidden consonants and aspirations.

Shina-ren?

>This triggers the samuri

Hangul makes every other east asian people seem retarded.

WW2-era Japanese derogatory term for Chinese, shina-jin シナ人. Means chinaman, chink, etc. Taiwanese use it with the mandarin reading of the character 人 which is ren not jin to refer to mainlanders.

Having learned some Chinese and Japanese before becoming a koreaboo, every day I thank 세종대왕 for making me not have to memorize yet a 3rd set of slightly different hanzi.

can't wait for these hags to disband.
nation's girl group? better think about it TWICE.

Oh, I'm saving that shit, friendo.

kek I tzuyu what you did there.

>girl almost singlehandedly started a modern day trojan war because she held a flag
chewy is the hero asia needs

Do you guys think Hangul could be adapted to Mandarin Chinese? It seems like a decent solution to the thousands-of-characters issue. I'm probably just speaking from ignorance though.

Who else loved these in AoE2? You could dominate the seas with them. Strongest naval unit in the game.

KOREAN FUCKING FAGGOTS FINLAND FOREVER

You would have to add some kind of tonal notation system for each vowel, but even then I don't think it could ever work.

The entire reason Chinese dialects are able to communicate with one another is because of hanzi, which allow understanding in spite of drastically different pronunciation. Hangul is obviously phonetic, so that goes out the window right away.

GO STAND 20 FEET APART FROM OTHER PEOPLE AT THE BUS STOP YOU AUTISTIC ASSMASTER

Koreans are retarded

t. takanamichi satsugawayaki

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin

t. zhang hwuong ching chong

nah chinamen love the hwan nowadays

I mean dude's got his own memorial and statue in Korea so they dig him. Like, thanks for the save during the war.

>he says before returning to the phone assembly line

George Washington.

>mfw I been there while stationed in Korea

Pic related me at Korean War Musuem

Another one

>implying all phones aren't made in china

I would like to propose a moment of silence for the women, children and ninjas who perished in the sack of Gangzhou.

It should be noted that the Finns have never issued an official apology for this incident.

I encourage everyone to educate themselves on the atrocities perpetrated by the Khaganate during the Hyper War and reject the Finnish propaganda that attempts to silence the cries of the unjustly slain.

#Justice4Gangzhou

This is a hwacha. It was a primitive MLRS that was mounted on Korean ships. It was used like siege equipment on land and like cannons in naval battles.

It saw use in the Imjin wars. This means Yi soon shin fired rockets at the invading Japanese.

I need MORE KOREAN HISTORY.

HWANZ WON THE HYPER WAR

WE

>I feel like there were also probably some amazing generals that rekt the Sui dynasty invasions but I don't know who they were specifically.

Because the Sui losses were fabricated by the Tang dynasty propaganda makers.