youtube.com/watch?v=nFbvDFmsuZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=YU7cs_mN3OA
youtube.com/watch?v=Erq2aLseuEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DblaSr4-FCg
youtube.com/watch?v=pFntXicHBUY
youtube.com/watch?v=RJg6ZxfM58w
youtube.com/watch?v=U7BN1pFIp7U
youtube.com/watch?v=jdKUf5yLAhg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8pm8sVcHqceiNFJMO082kxaBF5ePr4__bAK05VQRFw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1681484272
uu.se/en/media/press-releases/press-release/?id=2816&area=3,8&typ=pm&lang=en
gianfrancopintoredotblogspotdotit/2011/01/la-storia-del-coccio-di-mogoro-secondodothtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just tribes, building little hill forts and worshiping nature gods

Nothing too exciting.

Thank you based Greeks and Phoenicians for civilizing the world and making history interesting.

Although, hill forts are pretty fucking cool

Also megaliths

ICE AGE CIVILIZATIONS NIGGA

SHIT WAS LIKE CONAN THE BARBARIAN, EXCEPT IT WAS REAL

Tribes are just as interesting, they just didn't record shit. The Fertile Crescent didn't make history interesting they invented it.

>He does not remember the episode when conan took down the hwan pyramid fleet en route to Helsinki

Alpine pile dwellings, 5000 to 500BC

Austria (5 sites), France (11), Germany (18), Italy (19), Slovenia (2), and Switzerland (56)

model of a typical 3384-3370 BC Germanic lakeside settlement, Germanisches National Musuem Nuremburg

>3384-3370 BC
>Germanic

bronze age forscherner settlement near the federsee lake, germany

i just love the tiny models museums have
i wonder who does them? is that like a thing you get taught at uni? is it hobby fans who happen to have studied archeology/history/something?

all items in the museum were discovered on german soil

I don't think you know what 'Germanic' means.

Neolithic stuff is cool.

yes, I know what it means

Then why don't you use it right?

why does it matter to you this much? if I said lakeside settlement in Germany would you take issue with that?

Because I'm a pedantic shitposter.

>nobody posting chauvet cave paintings.
baka desu senpai

There needs to be an RTS/Total War/first person combat game about pic related.

They won't even do the fucking LATE bronze age, and you want this.
Small steps, user.

WE WUZ PAGANS

When did y dna haplogroups I and R1b arrive in Europe? Which was there first?

I've heard there were waves of people moving in, including hunter-gatherers, neolithic farmers, and then horse/wheel yamna culture. Before that, ancient prehistory was neanderthals and cro-magnon man hanging out until neanderthals were wiped out and/or absorbed. It'd be nice to see a gif showing various people and where they spread.

It's hard to tell because most of what we know about prehistory is based on archaeology and genetics, and both have many flaws and gaps.

Too late tbqh
>pic related

Sumerians civilized it first. Thank them.

Original European haplogroup is C1.

And those before them

Germanics didn't exist until circa 500 AD, m80

>little hill forts

Sure thing bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=zajFbLyklRY

youtube.com/watch?v=DUxUbqEgFDU

youtube.com/watch?v=zTcCNXaMc-M

youtube.com/watch?v=s1xdyOEWr_I

youtube.com/watch?v=nFbvDFmsuZ8

youtube.com/watch?v=YU7cs_mN3OA

youtube.com/watch?v=Erq2aLseuEQ

youtube.com/watch?v=DblaSr4-FCg

youtube.com/watch?v=pFntXicHBUY

youtube.com/watch?v=RJg6ZxfM58w

youtube.com/watch?v=U7BN1pFIp7U

youtube.com/watch?v=jdKUf5yLAhg

Non-civilised tribal societies are pretty interesting desu.

Massively foggy heritage professional here. It is the sort of job you get by doing. If you can demonstrate you've got the skills through your portfolio, no one is even going to care if you finished high school or not.

Is there any need for them right now?
Do you think it pays well?

Sure, stuff is commissioned all the time all over the world. I should imagine half the skill is in developing the sort of reputation required and being able to network and market it. There are all sorts of people out there - I'm sure you can think of more but the table top games industry, film makers, architects and the heritage industry all need model makers.

Nuraghe Sirai fortress reconstruction

bump

Nuraghe Barumini and nearby settlement reconstruction (1470-1100 bc)

Reconstruction of Nuraghe Santu Antine (1700-1400 bc)

Lol no.

Germanics had already spread out from the Scandinavian heartland to below the Rhine by 500AD.

Frankish king Clovis I started the Frankish expansion from present-day flanders by that time.

Around that time frame. However, Germanics certainly didn't exist 3000 BC like that guy implied.

Chamber inside one of the thousands of neolithic necropolis of Sardinia, the so called domus de janas (3200-2700 bc)

Another room in the same necropolis.

Another Sardinian necropolis (Santu Pedru)

3200 bc.

The symbolic "fake door" has been partially ruined by tomb robbers looking for treasures.

Monte d'accoddi step pyramid (Sardinia)

4000-3600 bc

>Janas.
You guys have them too? Xanas/Janas/juanas are pretty common in Spain, nature spirits than live under ground or near water. They tend to comb they hair too.

Nuraghe Nieddu (1400 bc)

Yes they're spirits/ fairies, according to the folklore they built these necropolis and they live there.

Woa, more or less the same there, depending of the zone they are called Encantadas, Morus/Moros (they don't have anything to do with Moors, they are called gentiles,romans or greeks, my pet theories is the way to call faeries, the others) , Gentilak, but they are the ones than made all the megaliths here too. Pretty cool how all of those things tend to crop in all europe.

Man what is the deal with Sardinia anyway?

They have the oldest genetic stock in Europe, and apparently they came up with pyramids around the same time as the Egyptians, and were building medieval concentric castles thousands of years before the middle ages.

And yet they just look like your stereotypical lazy, half-Moorish, big-nosed mediterraneans.

>The symbolic "fake door" has been partially ruined by tomb robbers looking for treasures.
God, tomb raiders piss me the fuck off.

Yes, german tribes were in actual germany back there. They just came in the western side of the Rhin because of Attila; the first indo-europeans came in the Vth millenium BC

They don't look moorish at all. They don't have big noses neither to most south Italians

>And yet they just look like your stereotypical lazy, half-Moorish, big-nosed mediterraneans.
Sigh...

Germanic as a language didn't exist 3300 years BC. At such time we can only talk about Proto-Indo-Europeans.

Proto-Germanic itself is dated to about 500BC.

>And yet they just look like your stereotypical lazy, half-Moorish, big-nosed mediterraneans.
That's because they're almost entirely descended from Neolithic Anatolian farmers

The average European is a mix of Aboriginal Europeans, Anatolian farmers, and Aryans

Sounds like our fairies in Ireland, the Aos Sí

Yeah, sadly tomb raiders are a big problem here in Sardinia, they sacked a great number of tombs in the ancient city of Tharros, taking with them a huge load of golden manufacts, there was an enormous quantity of golden objects in the city, but sadly most of those jewels now are gone forever.

Yeah it's sad, Sardinia has a huge number of unique archeological sites but Sardinians don't know how to preserve them or make them known.

For instance when the Nuragic statues of Monte prama were found, that is, the oldest human sized statues in Europe, they were left to rott in a establishment fragmented in thousands of pieces for 40 years, yes 40 and they were barley even studied or rbought up by any Italian archeologist during that time.

Only around 2010 because of a petition the statues were finally resstored and exposed in a Museum around 2014, and thanks to the recent carbon dating done on the bones of those buried beneath those statues we know that they could be as old as 1100 bc,.

No, Sardinians have around 34% Western hunter gatherer DNA, I guess that your study takes in account the ancient european farmers as a mix of anatolian farmers and wester hunter gatherers.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8pm8sVcHqceiNFJMO082kxaBF5ePr4__bAK05VQRFw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1681484272

All civilizations have a shelf life

>Proto-Germanic itself is dated to about 500BC.
What did they speak before that?

PIE, or more likely a PIE derivative of which we don't have enough knowledge to talk about.

Why is Sardinia so fucking interesting?

Yeah and it's been overlooked for so long, pic related is a Nuragic ritualistic fountain, water used to pour down from those holes into the stone bowl at the centre.

They also built an acqueduct and they had sacred pools where they bathed, they did develop some advanced idraulic systems for the time.

And this is from around the same time Otzi lived in the Alps.

And his genetics are most similar to present-day sardinians.

It's all a big mindfuck, I must know more.

Well Otzi was contemporary to the necropolis I've shown before and to the step pyramids (late neolithic/copper age), these fountains and baths developed during the bronze age.

Anyway Sardinian Obsidian reached Continental Italy, France and elsewhere since the neolithic, there was a huge trade network.

During the late bronze age it was probably Sardinians who introduced iron working to the villanovians/proto-etruscans in central Italy (pic related) and a vast number of Sardinians was buried in Etruscan settlements, a lot of Nuragic objects (such as votive bronze statuettes) were found in early Etruscan necropolis.

As much as 60% of the materials found in those settlements was of Sardinian origins.

>you will never live comfy adventures in an age undreamed of.
>not even in vidya.
>bronze age? What's that? Have some more LotR

>tfw adventures will never be real
>History, videogames, books, movies, Etc all show amazing things that you will never experience
Kill me.

>Sardinia has obsidian

That could explain the advancement of their ancient culture; the obsidian was formed by the heat from the impact as their spacecraft crashed into earth like a comet.

And i thank you.

Shard found in Sardinia containing Ugaritic writings according to paleographer and expert in Assyriology Giovanni Pettinato, he dated this document to 1400-1300 bc, weirdly enough during that time the Sherden mercenaries were mentioned in Ugaritic and Egyptian sources, coming from the midst of the sea with their warships.

There was an turn-based strategy game by Slitherine Studios, I think it was called Chariots Of War, set in egypt and middle east during the bronze age.
Another turn based strategy game by the same guys, Spartan: Gates Of Troy, has one "achaeans vs trojans" campaign scenario and an "archaic greece" sandbox scenario with mycenean, minoan, pelasgian and troadian factions. Guess those two MAY sate your need for bronze age stuff.

Also one or more Mount&Blade: Warband mods set in the era of the trojan war are being developed, but nothing more than that (if we don't count the WIP cavemen mod).

>an turn-based
Fuck me I'm dumb

Also LotR needs to fucking die

I hope it will be a thing for M&B Bannerlord. If it becomes as moddable as they promised we should have lots of interesting stuff happening.

>tell me about europe pre-civilization
Why does he wear the wolf pelt?

His real name was Pekka.

I was nobody before a slew the wolf.

>modern day sards are mixed

but nuragics were puro anatoles

Proto-Indo-Iranian should be changed to Proto-Indo-European.

"No".
The imag3 clearly includes WHG as a separate component, about 5% by sight.

The article this is from was published in one of the most respected and peer reviwed journals, Nature. Reich 2015, "Massive migration from the steppe"

Im not sure where your image is from, but im not going to risk clicking your link for a google docs spreadsheet.

Well let's see, this other study from 2015 that was published in the leading scientific journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, PNAS tells another story.

As you can see from pic related this recent study gives Sardinian around 35% WHG DNA and Spaniards about 45-50%, while according to your study Sardinians have about 5% and Spaniards have about 0%.

So who am I to trust?

Obviously none of us has enough knowledge on genetics to fully understand these pictures, I suggest we wait for someone with deep enough knowledge on genetics to discuss these studies.

The study:

uu.se/en/media/press-releases/press-release/?id=2816&area=3,8&typ=pm&lang=en

"Ancient genomes link early farmers to Basques
Press release"
2015-09-07

I don't think so, around the early bronze age the bell beaker culture reached some parts of Sardinia and so most likely some of them settled, even though it was a minority they might have effected Sardinian genetics somehow.

>I suggest we wait for someone with deep enough knowledge on genetics to discuss these studies.
Ask Veeky Forums.

>Veeky Forums
>knowledge
Nigga you better be trolling.

>Shard found in Sardinia containing Ugaritic writings

whoa, seriously? source please

gianfrancopintoredotblogspotdotit/2011/01/la-storia-del-coccio-di-mogoro-secondodothtml

Sadly there's no much about it.

The article is in Italian, basically it's about the fact that this document was classified as such (Ugaritic writing from the XV-XIV century bc) by Giovanni Pettinato, a famous assyrilogist and paleographer who discovered the royal library of Ebla.

Anyway according to this article a minister and two senators asked about the object.

The archeological superintendence of Cagliari responded that it is looking for the object which seems to have disappeared.

The article concludes with the statement that a thermoluniscence exam could finally confirm the dating of the object.

In the comments people are expressing their anger and frustration at the fact that such an important document hasn't been found yet.

BASED

Another "misterious disappearing", how surprising. We should start a protest about it, maybe it will manage to magically come out of someone's closet again, like the scaraboid of Mont'e Prama did.

I wish I had already learned hebrew, Ugaritic is extremely similar to it from what I've heard, besides not using the square script

I suppose That's the same scarab that has been recently determined to be an Egyptian scarab of the new kingdom and dated to 1300-1050 bc, same as the bones dated with c14 of those buried in the necropolis beneath the statues

We don't know, but there had to be a gradual change leading from PIE to proto-Germanic.

Reconstruction of a tomb inside the mesu e montes necropolis, Sardinia (3200-2700 bc)