Why was the Rashidun Caliphate so successful in its milliatary campaigns?

Why was the Rashidun Caliphate so successful in its milliatary campaigns?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman–Persian_Wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Khalid

Inb4
>Muh exhausted empires

Because Allah was on their side! !!Allah Akbar! !!Allah Akbar! !!Allah Akbar! !!Allah Akbar! !!Allah Akbar! !!Allah Akbar! !!
But seriously. Superior tactics and weak enemy.

Because well organized army against exhausted adversaries.

Local dukes switched the sides because of lower taxes
For example the patriarch of damascus

You cannot believe one man is responsible for a Caliphate stretching from Persia to Libya?
And the Sassanians did have some problems in the court but at the time of the battle of Qadissiyah (led by Asad ibn Abi Waqas NOT Khalid bin Walid) they had a pretty decent sized army.

Yes I know the Byzantines/Romans and Sassanians/Parthians had been fighting a 700 year long war off and on they couldn't have simply been defeated by some barbaric Arab shitskins?

>the Byzantines/Romans and Sassanians/Parthians had been fighting a 700 year long war
Care to elaborate?

2 big cultures live next to each other
they fight a lot every now and then
neither side wins and this goes on for centuries
they're tired of fighting but still do it

>they couldn't have simply been defeated by some barbaric Arab shitskins?
>Implying the three didn't look the same
Found the WEWUZ snowmonkey

>You cannot believe one man is responsible for a Caliphate stretching from Persia to Libya?
Why not? Caesar takes the credit for Gaul, Alexander takes the credit for his conquests. Khalid takes it for his.

> and on they couldn't have simply been defeated by some barbaric Arab shitskins?
That is your mistake. They were not barbaric Arab shitskins. Muslims would have you believe that, as they want you to think the Arabs from before Islam were uneducated barbaric retards. The truth is they were educated people with kingdoms and cultures who knew all about the outside world. I mean a lot of the Arab tribes involved used to be Roman client kingdoms and vassals. Khalid demonstrated a high level of education in tactics.

The Roman-Persian wars lasted some 721 years. It started during the time of the Roman Republic and ended with the Byzantines. And in Iran it started with the Parthians and ended with the Rashidun Caliphate's defeat of Sassanians

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman–Persian_Wars

The Arab armies consisted of highly hardened bedouins who (contrary to popular opinion) were highly organized and knew a good amount about warfare. They also used camels to their advantage.

On top of that, Byzantine rule was awful so people were happy to get rid of them.

>muh Khalid ibn Walid

He was just one general. Stop kidding yourself.

I don't see why other generals get glory but he shouldn't. Undefeated in over 100 battles says something.

What about later conflicts between BE and muslim empires in Persia. Didn't the B-P war ended with turkish invasion of Anatolia?

We all know he was a great general and a brave warrior but there were braver early Muslims but he cannot be the reason for all of the Caliphate's victories.

He was not undefeated (battle of Mu'tah) and gets plenty of glory considering over one billion people consider him to be sword of a literal God.

It's just stupid to say the Arab conquests were mostly due to him, when in the decades after his death the Arabs kept on conquering to an insane extent until their expansion started getting checked in the early to mid 8th century.

>On top of that, Byzantine rule was awful so people were happy to get rid of them.
I keep hearing this. Is this another leftist politically correct meme by marxist historians who seek to undermine western civilization in favor of turd world civilizations?

You keep hearing it because it's true, my mentally deficient friend. The Byzantine rule was shit in the Levant.

>Western civilizations

The Byzantines were Orthodox Greeks and Anatolians. They had more connections to the East than the West.

He is the reason for the major victories, it was his strategies which won the battles.

>It's just stupid to say the Arab conquests were mostly due to him,
No I said the Rashidun conquests. What was left after those? No major empires, so it was much easier.
Byzantines taxed pretty heavily and weren't too popular. It wasn't a religious matter, they just welcomed a new leadership which had all the hype of being a popular new equality based religion. (which it did at the time)

He was not the leader of mau'tah. It was Zaid bin Harith,then Jafar ibn Abi Talib and then someone I don't remember.

BTW the Arabs were only 3000 while the Romans numbered up to 10000. Also Khalid bin Walid was sent with orders to bring the men back to Medina safely. He was never supposed to defeat the Romans.

But he created myth of undefeatable muslim army which must have played role in those conquests. A lot of people would just give up rather than fighting what was seen as already lost battle. So at some places they just needed to show up and win without fighting.

The biggest campaign against the Sassanians which led to their demise was led by saad ibn Abi Waqas and the Romans were defeated by Muawiya

Khalid didn't even finish the conquest of Persia, that was Umar. Khalid got forcefully retired because he was getting reckless.
A loss is a loss. 3:1 odds weren't unheard of in those times, Khalid one battles despite of those odds, so did lads like Caesar.

It's not three to one,it's 10:3 and a group of Bedioun warriors against a well equipped, highly organized ROMAN army

>Khalid didn't even finish the conquest of Persia, that was Umar. Khalid got forcefully retired because he was getting reckless.
Lel no. He got forcefully retired because he was too popular among the troops, the Caliph was scared of them changing loyalities to Khalid instead of him. Khalid could have gone full civil war if he wanted, the men would have followed him, but he didn't.

He didn't want the people to believe that a mortal could grant victory as only Allah does that.

He also started using too much of the Treasury's money on trivial things.

Attacked exhausted and wrecked empires. After their victories they turned exaggerated the numbers for various reasons. Other internal problems within Sassanids and Romans.

>You keep hearing it because it's true, my mentally deficient friend
Many "historical memes" are """true""" insofar that they are pushed by marxist academia. For instance, the meme that Genghis Khan was this nice tolerant guy who promoted respect towards women. "Le mongols XD"

>The Byzantines were Orthodox Greeks and Anatolians.
And Greece is the foundation of western civilization. You'd perhaps know that if you derived your knowledge of history from sources other than John Green videos.

>They had more connections to the East than the West.
Good lord...

>The Byzantine rule was shit in the Levant.
[citation needed]
What's next, the Ottomans liberated the oppressed people of Byzantium?

>Byzantines taxed pretty heavily and weren't too popular.
I'm hoping for a scholarly article on the subject.

>which had all the hype of being a popular new equality based religion.
Considering Abu Bakr's armies were fond of practicing "conversion or death" on conquered cities sorry for finding this hard to believe.

I mean, do you also believe that Native Americans were hyped about christianity? Oh right I forgot spaniards are white (kind of), so they're evil colonialists.

>Greece is the foundation of Western civilization

Don't reply to me again with you Renaisance-tier bullshit. Read a book.

>Read a book.
Which ones? The works of Plato? Aristotle? Herodotus? All those "easterners"?

It's funny you tell me to read a book when it's quite evident you've never read a single history book in your entire life.

Kill yourself.

>kill yourself

Ah, another sign of being an uneducated little girl. Don't be ashamed of being completely ignorant.

Next you're gonna tell me Christianity is a Western religion too? Please read a book, you need it. And do something about your temperament.

>Ah, another sign of being an uneducated little girl.
Kek is that the worst insult you can come up with? You have to be a nigger shitskin to be so unimaginative.

>Don't be ashamed of being completely ignorant.
Says the guy who has literally NO IDEA what he is talking about. Your arrogance is astounding, you're making a fool of yourself.

>Next you're gonna tell me Christianity is a Western religion too?
Of course it is, Christianity, with the exception of a few middle eastern churches who escaped being genocided by the peaceful followers of the religion of peace, is a western religion. But I'm sure in your puny brain since Judea is in the middle east, then it means it's eastern, right? Because let's ignore everything about history and let's just base our opinions on 21th century borders.

>And do something about your temperament.
I'm gonna vent by sodomizing your mother and forcing you to watch.

>Considering Abu Bakr's armies were fond of practicing "conversion or death" on conquered cities sorry for finding this hard to believe.
This is just simply not true. Try not talking shit and you might find some actually knowledge. They didn't even want converts because they wanted to remain as an elite class and to tax their Dhimmi subjects

>This is just simply not true.
It is, you might want to read a history book once in a while. Heck, Abu Bakr had to order to death 10s of thousands of Arabs who decided to abandon Islam when Muhammad died.

>They didn't even want converts because they wanted to remain as an elite class and to tax their Dhimmi subjects
Another historical meme. Not a single scholarly source to back it up, as usual.

Pathetic.

Oh boy, I'm literally talking to a 12-year old macaque.

I'm sorry for insulting you, please don't fling any more shit.

>Oh boy, I'm literally talking to a 12-year old macaque.
>macaque
Is that an insult in elementary school?

Anyways I think it's pretty telling that you have unable to make a single post which doesn't consist of third grade insults. You are an intellectual midget who thinks he's smart and historically literate because you took a history class in high school.

People like you should be forcibly sterilized to increase the quality of the gene pool.

>being THIS angry

Calm down, it's okay to be stupid, just don't involve yourself in activities that need some form of intelligence.

>21th century
>sodomizing your mother and forcing you to watch

12 year old detected!

Hahahahah....wait you're serious?Buahahahahahahah!!!

>And Greece is the foundation of western civilization
Not this shit again. The Greeks weren't Western. Western civilization is the civilization emerged in western Europe around the time of Charlemagne and was completely distinct from the Orthodox civilization of the east. Western, Islamic and Orthodox civilization all inherited the cultures of classical Greece and Rome, but neither of them were Western any more than they were Islamic.

>They had more connections to the East than the West.
What, do you think they had closer connections with Gaul and Germany than the Levant and Egypt?

Fucking gujjews, destroyed whole Indian subcontinent.

I think he meant more connections with East as un Eastern culture

As in

There are many auxiliary reasons but the main one was that both Byzantium and Persia were extremely vulnerable do to their recent wars and occupations and dynastic struggles

I understand you are coming from /pol/ but please stop calling every historical point that you don't like as a meme.

If his adopted son( actual nephew ) Octavian was blond, is it really that far of a stretch to sat that Julius Caesar may have been blond?

>superior tactics
>weak enemy

So, every tactical win ever?