Why do Americans love Thatcher and Churchill but brits hate them?

Why do Americans love Thatcher and Churchill but brits hate them?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/50-greatest-britons-revealed-wills-6495706
youtube.com/watch?v=kZzXqUH-hNk
youtube.com/watch?v=_902BmnJM3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brits hate Churchill?

Barely anyone hates Churchill except a few northern communities who still refuse to forget a union thing. Thatcher is divisive but has as many fans as she does haters

Churchill isn't hated by Brits, he's one of the most beloved figures in out history.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/50-greatest-britons-revealed-wills-6495706

Thatcher is more of a polarising figure but she is still enormously popular with right-leaning people.

Churchill was a glorified cheerleader.

Do anyone on the left like Thatcher?
I think it's possible to say she is overly remembered negatively if that isn't the case, as I know people on the right dislike her.

Because brits are a bunch of pious cuckolds who don't understand economics

Says the guys that supported Reagan.

If Churchill was so beloved by the British than why did he lose the election?

People don't elect leaders based only on how loved they are, but what they promise to enact whenever they got the power for it. People simply thought Labour's ideas was better than Churchill's.

All island people are hopelessly inbred.

>Churchill was a glorified cheerleader.

I suggest you read a bit more about his life if you think that.

>Do anyone on the left like Thatcher?

She has respect among moderates and centre leftists.

He won a later election and Labour were seen as the best party to rebuild Britain after the war.

>>/int/

Most British love Churchill, an excellent war time leader, he just wasn't seen as a good choice to lead Britain after the war and his poor campaign for election showed he didn't fit with the needs of the time.

Thatcher on the other hand is extremely polarising, anywhere apart from the South East largely despises her.

i'll never respect that monstrous whore who shut down my father's mine.
youtube.com/watch?v=kZzXqUH-hNk
youtube.com/watch?v=_902BmnJM3w
twatcher was and will always be an enemy of the british people. may she rot in hell forever

And they have bad teeth.

>anywhere apart from the South East largely despises her.
>everybody but true hard-working white Britons largely despises her

fix'd it for you you lazy bastard

>galloway
kek

Because Murica is a far-right country and loves the kind of people that chat shit and go around acting like a macho thug.

Happens the same in Latin America, Aznar is considered some sort of superior being by the right wingers there.

as a german: i thought the brits adored churchill

>true hard-working white Britons
I think leaving vast swathes of them with no jobs, and no way of getting jobs, whilst supporting yuppie scum means that statement is a falsehood.

I'm pretty sure 99% of normies think Churchill was a swell guy.
its only us Veeky Forums contrarians who say otherwise.

Churchill was voted greatest Briton ever by British people

Thatcher is a marmite character, many people hate her, many people love her, few are indifferent

both were big atlantacists/yanklovers

noone felt they owed him anything and they preferred Labour to rebuild post war

>its only us Veeky Forums contrarians who say otherwise.
Australians hate him, so it could be just your usual aussie shitposters. Irish hate him too.

He also was shitty before the war
>Gallipoli
>Blacks and Tans
>War Mongering against Ataturk
>Being Against Indian Independence when it was clear Britian can't efford it anymore

>muh mines
noone cares you sooty faced loser
>i know nothing about biology but i went on /pol/ this one time
why dont you fuck off back there where the conversation is more your speed?

Thatcher was hugely divisive. Churchill is generally well-liked by the average prole, mostly because they don't know anything about him.

you mean the best economy president in recent history?

When did Americans love Thatcher? British politics, of the past no less, isn't exactly common conversation here, nor would I imagine our would be in Britain.

Gentlemen, I present to you the sad and sorry results of inbreeding.

Except the part when every one of his policies was a lie or eventually failed.

Churchill is honestly overrated, I'm pretty sure Britain would've been fine without him, people act like Britain was fucked during WWII but Winston Churchill saved the day

That list is so shit, Princess Diane is the third greatest Briton according to it and that is complete bullshit

Because most people know he's not a good person at all. He may be an effective leader, but not necessarily a good person. Thus the british people voted against him.

>no cromwell

Is this a joke?

>so it could be just your usual aussie shitposters
go to a flagged board and see how long your confirmation bias can last
everyone has a finger in the pie, australians are just a bogeyman to point to for autists that want an easy explanation as to why their favourite board is a shithole

using chemical warfare in iraq

>George Galloway

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Thatcher is universally despised by the left. The best you would hear is
>Well maybe she wasn't that bad.

"best economy president" are you autistic?

When did we start talking about Bill Clinton?

You mean the guy who bravely took credit for Paul Volcker's monetary reforms while raising taxes and offering amnesty to illegal immigrants while convincing Americans that the government is the cause of and solution to all their problems?

It's 2016 and in a post-Donald Trump America, you're a chump if you still buy the Reagan con

Somebody needs to tell the yanks that they can't be 1/16th honorary Irish American with a great grandfather in the IRA if they like Thatcher

It's honestly mostly Jews who like Thatcher.

Really any republican post Nixon and in between him and Eisenhower and between Eisenhower and Teddy have been disgraces to the nation. Democrats pre Wilson have also been disgraces

>Diana
>Elizabeth
>some random Gold Medalist
>All in the top 10

Is this list a joke or are Brits really that ignorant of all the great people their shitty little island has produced over the centuries?