Alter history

Hear me out. You can go and prevent the fall of any empire, kingdom etc or alter the course of history as you see fit, through any means you want.
Eg.
> Time travel and impersonate a God, tell civilization watdo.
Or
>Omnipotent being doing wat u want.
Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAZNqjc4NYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i would go back 3-5 years and prevent myself from jacking off to some sick shit that i regret

Stop the decline of Catholicism, unite Europe under its banner. Watch as the world unifies under the banner of the pope, and then we bring His will to the stars.

Nothing major, because I am not a retard. The only reasonable thing might be to prevent or lessen atrocities and the like, or save the lives of geniuses.

...Actually, I might change recent history to eliminate radical islam, or just get HW Bush to finish off saddam back when he should have.

No curiosity on what might happen if you drastically alter something ~1000 yeats ago, user?
I'd prevent Alexander's death. See how his Empire would run if it had lasted.

no I wouldn't alter history and risk the modern world out of curiosity because I am not literally a super villain

stop the german republic of weimar from being overtaken by hitler and his regime and stretch the golden 20s of germanys first democracy

i would do this as omnipotent being since it is easier

Probably try and prevent the collapse of the Ottoman empire. We probably wouldn't have such an influx of Muslims in the west, as a centralized Islamic body/government would be better for the world, and we wouldn't have a plethora of different sects claiming to be the rightful heirs to govern the rest of the Islamic world. It's evident that the Ottomans were capable of practicing a watered down, less violent version of Islam, look at the influence of Sufi culture in Ottoman era poetry, culture etc...

Kill Ricimer and rule Italy faithfully in Majorian's name while he steam roles those barbarian fucks

I go back to the early modern era and give modern healthcare secrets to the Hapsburg. If a member of the family was on all the thrones they could have gotten, European affairs would have been more cordial and resources might have spent better.

If Mary of England had Philips baby. If Philips son was crazy and died and had married Mary Queen of Scots. If Maximilian's son won the throne of Poland. If Charles niece had regained her fathers claim to Denmark and Sweden.

It would have been great. A proto-EU.

Either A) Prevent Alexander's death
Or B) Antony & Cleopatra win at Actium

>Antony & Cleopatra win at Actium

I mean, i can understand being pro-republic but cmon

I keep the hebrews polytheist, prevent the rise of christianity, and keep the roman republic from degenerating into a permanent dictatorship. Monotheism is a scourge that must be stomped out of existence.

i always ask myself what could i tell as a neet?

Make Buddhism take off in Greece when Asoka was sending missionaries that way. I'd be quite curious to see what a Buddhist Europe would look like.

Help athens win peloponnesian war

Some modern military equipment and fluency in the most important languages would be nice.

>Help the celts throw out the roman empire
>Make sure they will never be able to pass the alps with military again
>Become druid apprentice to gain knowledge and influence
>Establish writing, build libraries, collect knowledge from rome, greece, egypt..
>Teach about the new world
>Teach how to build ships capable to cross the ocean
>Make contact with early mayan civilization
>Establish trade and exchange of knowledge
>Establish colonies in the Americas

There now is a civilization, spanning the whole Atlanik with the knowledge Greece, Rome, Celts and Maya

Let that develope for a few centuries
???
Profit

Carthage wins

Oh, God. Why?

Cause ancient capitalism and pure plutocracy

>muh baby killing

And sacrificed babies

roman shills deteced

> Omnipotent being doing wat u want.

If I’m an omnipotent being, then I can tell whoever or whatever what to do, in which case I’d make Polish King Boleslav III (1086–1138) to make a will with a clear and SINGLE successor.

This would have saved Poland and Europe millions of wasted lives and needless destruction in the future.

why not? would be interesting to see what happened

Carthage would have existed for 20 or so more years. Then they'd get SALT'D

Have the christian kingdoms of Iberia allow jews and muslims to practice their faiths under small tax. Incite the jews into handling the finances and give them benefits in return. Same for the muslims but with agriculture instead. Unite into one Iberian union. Then explore the Americas and obtain all the valuables. Next would be to not participate in the schism between catholics and protestants, even if it pisses off the pope. Use the vast wealth of the realm to gain stronger troops and more ships to defend the holdings as well as the mainland against Europe.

absolutely nothing

salted by who? when i said Carthage wins i mean Carthage destroys Rome completely and becomes the power of the Mediterranean

Omnipotent.
Teach the Spartans statecraft, for instance not sending their young men to die every summer...
Teach the Vikings how to live, aside from raiding, farming and fucking.
Prevent Carthage from falling.
Bring the city of Rome into the Fertile Crescent and all the Romans with it.
>Rome brings the middle east to heel
>Sparta and Athens rule the Mediterranean as co-powers through shrewd diplomacy
>Carthage runs the monies
>1000 years later Vikings rule the north

Ah. I thought you meant they just won/survived the third Punic War

Make sure the Norman invasion of England never occurs so we keep a nicer version of the English language.

Prevent anyone from entering the Americas, either through the Siberian land bridge or through Peloponnesia, until Lief Erikson/Christopher Columbus or equivalent show up.

Prevent the rise of any kind of monotheism.

Heraclius crushes sandniggaz once and for all

Julian rules for 30 years, revives the old religions and purges christianity from Rome.

Stop Justinian from invading Italy

You're not risking the modern world, just changing it.

I don't care what I have to do as long as this is a legitimate flag.

This.

Why?

united and rich barbaric Italy > devastated and poor roman Italy

SAVE GERMANICUS. The only right option. he had a loving wife who he fucked constantly to produce 9 children, legions that loved him, a public that adored him, and was prepared to fuck German tribes in the ass.

Go back to the Nine Years War and help Aodh Ui Neill becoming King of Ireland

or maybe the United Irishmen

Kill and impersonate Louis XVI.
Let the Jacobins choke on the blood they craved.

I'd stop the slave trade to the US before it ever began. Not because I care about minorities, but because North America would be a much better place, and the US probably wouldn't have developed a culture that promotes diversity and multiculturalism everywhere if there hadn't been blacks.

In the same vein, I'd want to stop the Nazis before they ever got started. Without the racial-based genocide, imperialist onslaught and tremendous destruction of the Nazis, white people today might not be shamed into letting in third worlders in their countries by the shipload.

Kill Mohammed and Luther

I have to think about the English language, what words mean, etc. all day for work, and I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, it'd be fascinating to see how English developed without the Norman influence. I suppose it'd be generally more "blunt" and punchier.

But our word choice is much greater than most other languages I think, mostly thanks to the addition of so many French and Latin words. And it's really an interesting mixture too--lots of short, more "efficient" punchy Germanic words, with more "flowing" longer French and Latin words here and there. Plus, without them, English would just be "off-Dutch" with a dose of Norwegian vocabulary. Would be less unique, that is.

I think it's greatest strength might be the huge vocabulary. With it, it's possible you can't be more articulate than using English.

>remove Martin Luther
>take his "thesis" and travel to Rome and ask for them to see what can be fixed
>become a saint for reforming the Church without causing an autist chimp out

Omnipotent:
Kill Muhammad so we wont have muslim fucks anymore

Teach Rome how to travel to the new world fast to make contact/conquer mesoamerindian tribes

teach vikings to live off the land (while not abandoning their viking ways) and teach them about Asia and the New world (make sure they only stay in Canada)

I would make the etruscans destroy rome.

save troy

I would make the White Russian forces unite behind Baron Sternberg so that he'd have the strength to hold central Asia against the Soviets.

Basically everything wrong with the 20th century would be fixed.

Inoculate Native Americans against European disease. I want to see how that would turn out.

If Anything I'd accelerate the USA to becoming a world power before Europe decides to fuck itself over. That may sound stupid but a foreign yet culturally western nation with little to no history in Europe would be the only nation to halt bloodshed.

Keep Alexander alive another 30 years, use that time to stabilise his Empire and annex Arabia. If that's not enough to ensure a Greek middle East today, then I'll do some more tinkering.

Next stop, Moon bases,bitches!

That's reaching pretty low for an omnipotent intervention in history, little potato. How about if he instead inherited the thrones of Sweden and Moscow and somehow forged them into a single superstate which goes on to colonise the world and bring Polish "culture" to far flung corners of the Earth?

Help the Kushan Empire survive "the dark ages", resisting the Hephthalite and Arab invasions. A large Buddhist nation in central Asia would be interesting. Especially if it survived long enough for the people to form a national identity and move away from tribalism. They might not even be wrecked by the Mongols as long as they didn't murder their envoys like a certain other retard.

Kill Jesus right after birth. Kill any importsnt person from the bible.

Oh, I got one - The Ephesians kill Paul.

Which actually, really almost happened.

>Omnipotent being
I'd pretty much never get tired of shaping history to my will then going in and then placing myself as some aristocrat during that time.

>kushan empire
>Arab invasions

u wot

Moscow was piece of dirt under mongol boot at that time

99% important persons from the bible didn't even exist.
Better kill Constantine or this

Stop the fourth crusade

If the Kushan Empire survived the Hephthalites, then it'd probably still be around for the Arab expansion. They were already under pressure from the Sassanids and Guptas by the time the Hephtalites finished them off, so I realize their survival is probably unlikely. It's still an interesting culture and would be neat to see survive longer though.

It's entirely possible that changing significant events in Ancient history risks the modern world.

1) Compile the steps to reach iron age civilization/technology/trade routes/etc. gradually and peacefully while wasting as few resources as possible.
2) Compile a guide to species of animals and plants and their relations as we currently understand them.
3) Compile any scientific information neolithic people might be able to readily apply, and any scientific information that might be useful to them 3-5 generations ahead of time.
4) Compile a guide to practical morality -- not going into this because that will just spawn debate.
^ all of the above, compile into an encyclopedia of scrolls.
4) Time travel to about 3750 BC Crete, home of the easygoin' peaceful Minoans. Give them my "Elder Scrolls" tell them it is passed down from an extraterrestrial God who lives in another galaxy and wants his distant children to grow powerful enough to reach Him.
5) Provide easygoin' Minoans with armaments, food, and a giant library to store these elder scrolls in, as well as the cultural means to reproduce them and disseminate them.
6) Rinse and repeat in Indus Valley, South America, Australia, for nice worldwide distribution, and so future humans will have no doubt that the Elder scrolls must've had a divine source if so many people got them simultaneously without any contact with each other.
7) Return to 2016 CE to advanced, healthy, green post-scarcity interplanetary civilization.
8) Kill self because I am inferior to contemporaries.

>Climb into my nuclear-powered time travel device
>Set co-ordinates for 1200 BC, determined to find out the causes of the Bronze Age collapse and prevent it if possible
>I have not perfected the geographical navigation systems, but they will ensure I end up somewhere sufficiently within the vicinty of Europe. Flotation devices, caterpillar treats for mobility and ample food and water ensure I will survive no matter where I land
>My time travelling device hurtles through time and space before appearing in the sky
>It begins to rapidly fall towards the earth. But no need to fear, I planned for this
>Activate parachutes
>Time travel device with me inside lazily drifts into the mouth of the Hekla volcano in Iceland
>The nuclear core detonates on contact with the lava, resulting in a devastating eruption
>Hundreds of thousands of tons of volcanic rock and ash are thrown into the sky, radically altering the climate, affecting agriculture and leading to mass famine, war and immigration resulting in the collapse of multiple civilisations

>>Set co-ordinates for 1200 BC, determined to find out the causes of the Bronze Age collapse and prevent it if possible

Don't researchers agree that it was the ruined trade relations, which lead to the lack of tin?

Tell Hitler all of his mistakes during ww2 and all of its effects.
I tell him of the impending soviet threat.
All of this before 1939, hopefully I can convince him to not start the war and to stop persecuting jews as they can help germany.
Convince him to make friends with the allies and do a lil marshall plan type thing to promote nazism within east bloc.
Eventually EU is created out of alliances n shit and the soviet union never gets too much power.

Or get bismarck to remain immortal ruler of germany for infinity and create EU out of alliance system.

I don't understand people always trying to influence hitler's actions, just stop versailles and make decent terms for germany and he will never even go near to a power position.

This.
Or ar least prevent the loss at Manzikert.

Teach New Kingdom of Egypt how to make gunpowder.

ur a fgt

First of all this:

Arrange peaceful negotiations between the Finnish Khanagate and the Hwan Empire, present ideas from the best modern era diplomats and humanists to help foster cooperation and come to a fair and just compromise.

Thereby prevent the Hyperwar.

Oliver Cromwell produces a competent heir, and Arthur Haselrig literally explodes in a shower of gore and parliamentary butthurt. Unite the protestant nations of northern Europe in one Union. The lord protectors rule for decades, and the protectorate lasts, along with the Protestant Union. This massive, incredibly wealthy nation (England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, and all of the German protestant Principalities). From Finland to the thirteen colonies, from Utrecht to Iceland. Glorious.

Here's his response
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAZNqjc4NYE

That's the beauty of it though user. They would be waiting for you. You would return to the world to see this empire, and you would be adored by the numberless billions, the father of the world, bringer of prosperity. You set them a goal, and now they have reached it, you have returned to them. You're still omnipotent.

Pyrrhus of Epirus wins the war against Rome and saves Magna Graecia.

Rome is subsequently blocked from expanding Eastward, and eventually Italy is Hellenized as Pyrrhus expands his empire.