Reality is a self-creating, self-processing, self-evolving manifold existing in an eternal...

Reality is a self-creating, self-processing, self-evolving manifold existing in an eternal, infinite background "medium" of zero energy and pure, unbounded potential.

Even the most comprehensive scientific models are founded on axioms that must implicate the existence of other, deeper-order axioms, which implicate the existence of yet even deeper axioms, and so on, in an infinite regress (any assertion as to the ultimate state of things as X, forces one to ask why/how it isn't Y)

The scientist must either go down this unsatisfactory road or invoke dreaded circularity: things are the way they are because that's the way they are.

But this is exactly what's going on. Existence is self-evident, or else we could not be here to say so. The self-evident existence must exist. Reality is the case for itself, the single object in its own set.

This background medium is equivalent to the Tao, the Buddhist Nirvana, the Godhead. In it all possibilities are realized insofar as they are internally coherent.

Reality is, essentially, a negation or differentiation of this homogeneous, undifferentiated medium (recall the Hindu/Tantrum dichotomy of purusha and maya, Shiva and Shakti, the eternal and unchanging contrasted with the temporal and in flux). Thus, for objects, for space and time to meaningfully exist, there must be some medium to impart coherence to all this diversity of form, or else these objects would exist in their distinct realities and there would be no recognizable universe of which to speak of.

The Absolute imparts ontological coherence, perceptual stability. Even the skeptic cannot doubt the fact of his doubting. The rest of reality is the play and flux of form, the "waves" on the "ocean" of this medium. Being vs. Becoming.

The Absolute is the source of all that is Good and free. Reality exists to actualize itself, to maximize its"coherency", ie participating more and more in the nature of the Absolute, since the other direction is dissolution and non-existence.

The Good is what is beneficial to the system. We are all subsystems in a master system, a microcosm of a macrocosm. Evil is what is harmful to the system in favor of the gratification of one subsystem. There are no moral qualities, only objective states of actualization and purity, or mixture and dissipation.

Death is the recycling of one's components in this closed system. God is the consciousness of the system in its totality. "Divine grace", Love, the Sacred, everlasting life, these are all qualities of those subsystems which embody the eternal nature of the master system, ie God.

>Even the most comprehensive scientific models are founded on axioms that must implicate the existence of other, deeper-order axioms, which implicate the existence of yet even deeper axioms, and so on, in an infinite regress

no

it only regresses to the point of processes fundamental enough to exist without causes and outside of timescales are identified, which is entirely possible

Which are exactly the 'properties' of the medium I described

Yes, I regretted responding to you casually without reading your posts in full

What you are describing is sound and reasonable, but I would ask why you need to refer to what amounts to natural processes with loaded and divine terms instead of only saying that they are

it seems more that you are presenting a personal perspective, relating concepts of divinity to the natural state of things, but those relations do not amount to anything more than giving them a different title

>Manifold

I only use these terms to indicate that this system does not exclude what, in other system, would be described in more esoteric/religious terminology.

The Tao is just a name FOR this thing, that although it has accreted all kinds of cultural connotations, nonetheless is an appropriate term for a medium that is just as handily described by more logical, analytical terminology.

Is that your central point, if you have one?

Or, does your central point relate to your statement on morality in the second to last line?

Yes, that the religious/esoteric view, when you pare away the inevitable vulgarizations and cheap sentimentality, ultimately agrees with a more analytical and "metalogical" conception of existence as a self-actualizing system, indicated by the self-evident stability of said existence

"Morality" is just a subset of that. Taken objectively, Good is the system benefiting itself, evil is a part attempting to gratify itself at the expense of the system to which it owes its existence and must ultimately answer to

Bumperino

Scientists use math which is expressed through the classical set theory that is ZFC.

Under scientific realism, the math done by the scientist is real, like electrons and photons are real (as some eigenvectors of their number operator).

This means that the axioms of ZFC are r.eal.
Now, one of the axioms is that there is a set (it is an axiom in the metalogic).

Now, where in the universe is this set? How do I observe it? measure it?

No one in physics uses ZFC

Huh what are you talking about

I guess? I dunno. Like what do you base this off of?

>axioms

but what does that even mean

Esoteric study, intuition, and the works of Christopher Langan

>Esotericism
>Christopher Langan

Please
No

Yeah great argument

I'm not even kidding Langan is meme-tier, pic related

I repeat: great argument

Langan, the same man who said he "solved" the P versus NP """problem"""
Langan, who was a highschool dropout and never bothered attending college at all because of how convinced he was that he was a special snowflake
Langan, who said "You can prove the existence of God, the soul and an afterlife, using mathematics."
Langan, who the world only knows about because of media attention drawn to him and literally no other reason

That's the Langan we're talking about, right?

Nigga you got an argument?

OP you think you have us fooled but I can tell you're not smart.

I'm not arguing with you for the same reason I dont' argue with every half-baked """genius""" who thinks he's solved everything.
I'm here to laugh at you until you prove to me that you don't deserve to be laughed at.

I don't got a single thing to prove to any of you. The argument's right there. Engage with it or don't.

>I don't got a single thing to prove to any of you.
>Engage with it or don't.

So in other words you're trying to prove something to us while trying to make it seem like you're really totally not.

Oh man. This guy.

>Even the most comprehensive scientific models are founded on axioms that must implicate the existence of other, deeper-order axioms, which implicate the existence of yet even deeper axioms, and so on, in an infinite regress
No lmao. Wightman axioms of QFT and axioms of QM are founded on physical grounds, not mathematical grounds. The infinite regress, i.e. the "turtles all the way down" concept, is only a problem if you wish to prove the axioms via formal logic. All axioms used in developing physical theories are based on experimental observations and laws derived thereof, and as such there is no need to prove them from formal logic.
The entire post is fucking stupid but this is what stuck out to me.

GO AWAY, REI

Too many mushrooms will drive a man insane, I've seen it happen.

wow you are true plebby undergraduate

And what does any of this imply? What real world consequences can you draw from this set of ideas?

Having ideas about reality is fine and all, but in general, people tend to be more concerned with its consequences than the exact theoretical mechanisms you've put into it

This is meaninglessness materialized OP.

>Anno Domini 2016
>believing some kind of UFO bullshit religion
>"muh cosmic vibrations"

>he doesn't want to climb the staircase of mount meru and meet Jeebus, the god of the greys
shigalig

Self-mastery, self-actualization is harmony with the system through detachment from all relativities and a deeper engagement with the unconditional (and therefore eternal, and therefore comprises capital-t Truth) reality the universe necessarily subsists in

>I don't get it so it's meaningless/woo woo/claptrap/new age bullshit

Fuck off back to /v/ faggot I'm tired of catering to the short bus

Yeah didn't expect you to know enough to have a counterargument desu

"Basing truth on the self-evident existence of reality" is literally what I was arguing in the OP you fucking sped

I fucking hate all of you. You are the people that ruin any opportunity to progress ourselves through your shitposting and pathetic attempts to undermine legitimate discussion with the goal of seeming above everyone else. Fuck off.

Well, you're wrong so not much meaningful discussion can be had here. Why don't you blame yourself for your own ignorance instead of blaming others like a SJW would?

I have no idea what is going on. Am I missing something here?

I'm the OP and you quoted me. Sometimes you just gotta tell a nigga to go back to /v/, no one wants to engage with anything outside of their meme comfort zone anymore

pretty much what I have come to realize a couple years ago.

life is it's own meaning, and meaning can only be experienced by the living. ergo etc.

Alright then...
I mean, what you say is very interesting and our converts many things I've struggled with, but I don't suppose it would be too difficult to convince me of something so I look to support. Yours seems lacking.

It covers* many

You don't arrive at this system overnight.

Meditation. Detachment and mindfulness are Being, letting your thoughts and emotions dictate your actions is Becoming. Do not be acted upon, a passive receiver of outside influences, but be your own active principle. The more you internalize this state the more you'll understand