To the strongest!

>To the strongest!
What did he mean by this?

please fight for centuries because im stupid

>Just fuck my empire up, famalan

He was pissed he wouldn't be around to rule the empire he created, so he sowed the seeds of civil war to ensure no one could.

empire in bad condition, needs new king and army

He meant to Krateros you retards. Perdekkias heard what he wanted to hear

Top banter that got out of hand

basically

Might is right.

Alexander was a philosopher-king. If he had selected an arbitrary successor, the empire would have fallen apart anyway. The single hope there was, was that only one general comes out of the Diadochi wars - he would indeed be strong enough to inherit the empire.

Alexander's empire didn't make any sense, it wasn't inherited, nobody gave it to him, he obtained it all too fast and all at once. It was a miracle, and only possible because Alexander was a miracle man. It needed another miracle man to keep it going. People tend to forget this.

Someone who drinks himself to death is not someone who clings onto life. I don't think he cared at all.

He wanted them to do a weightlifting competition in his honour all naked and oiled up

>because im stupid

more like
"If I can't rule the world no one can"
also if they really deserved it they would truly be the strongest and win anyways

No i really feel like he thought might is right, that the strongest would come out and rule his entire empire rightfully and not just split up

it's sorta like in one piece when gold roger left his treasure horde for the world to fight over after his execution, ushering in the great age of pirates.

he *could* have made it into a proper empire by co-opting the Persian system of power/forms and basically inserting himself into it similar to how Ptolemy did in Egypt

but he made it very clear that we would have none of that.

that's what I said
he certainly did believe that
either one general would arise to claim lordship or no one would since they obviously didn't deserve it.

honestly its pretty amazing how one man could so dramatically reshape the world

the influence of those few years is enormous all across Eurasia

He was a proto-Nietzschean.

>buddha would look completely different or might never be depicted in anthropomorphic form at all without a hellenistic east
mind boggling to think about 2bh

honestly who else came so close to the Overman?
Napoleon is Nietzsche's example
maybe Augustus

He had a lot of plans for the Empire and he knew that not one of his potential successors would follow through with any of them.

He knew the Empire he conquerred envisioned would die with him.

>trying to find pictures of pre-hellenic depictions of the Buddah
>only get a load of WE WUZ bullshit and dindu conspiracy sites
Christ what a load of rubbish
so much for the internet enlightening us all

>For Rüdiger Safranski, the Übermensch represents a higher biological type reached through artificial selection and at the same time is also an ideal for anyone who is creative and strong enough to master the whole spectrum of human potential, good and "evil", to become an "artist-tyrant". In Ecce Homo, Nietzsche vehemently denied any idealistic, democratic or humanitarian interpretation of the Übermensch: "The word Übermensch [designates] a type of supreme achievement, as opposed to 'modern' men, 'good' men, Christians, and other nihilists ... When I whispered into the ears of some people that they were better off looking for a Cesare Borgia than a Parsifal, they did not believe their ears."[9] Safranski argues that the combination of ruthless warrior pride and artistic brilliance that defined the Italian Renaissance embodied the sense of the Übermensch for Nietzsche. According to Safranski, Nietzsche intended the ultra-aristocratic figure of the Übermensch to serve as a Machiavellian bogeyman of the modern Western middle class and its pseudo-Christian egalitarian value system.

I actually took an elective in college on early Buddhist art, and the professor (who was Indian) tried to make the claim that Mathura style Buddhas predate the Indo-Greek Buddhas from Gandhara. Despite the fact that the goddamn textbook stated the opposite, and obvious Hellenistic elements like the sheer drapery.

Fucking nationalists, man.

But how do we know this

(You)

While he may have said "too the strongest," it is highly likely he actually said "Krateros" which sounds like "kratistos."

why do male sculptures from South Asia often look so doughy?