I know Veeky Forums hates Civilization, but the sixth game just got announced...

I know Veeky Forums hates Civilization, but the sixth game just got announced, so lets talk about it and what nations / leaders we want to see

youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas
youtube.com/watch?v=ByRlGx0Hwqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Gandhi

Honestly is there nobody better than this memelord to represent the 4000 or so years of Indian history?

Nope. Ghandi destroyed the history and cultural identity of the Indian people so he could unite them against the British, it's kind of sad really.

Indian history is incredibly boring to be honest.

It's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this guy myself.

Well the trailer looks nice

I am hoping for either more obscure civilizations, or for leaders that were more obscure, i.e., not Julius Caesar but maybe Aetius, and not Genghis Khan but maybe Kublai

Yes but he was the leader of India since the first civ and he's literally a meme.

Awnsering to the OP, rather than specific nations/leaders my priority is to have nations with different leaders again. This way they can continue with the memes/continuity policy while including leaders who are more (or equally) worthy of representing the nation. It also allows to keep the obvious gender quota while not removing significant leaders in favour of literally who's or mediocres.

Would play.

Yea Ghandi was kind of a cuck desu

Would love to see some more nationalist figures when Indian history is brought up (or really anyone that's not fucking Gandhi)

Hardly man, it's pretty crazy honestly, far more warlike than Europe since Hinduism actually embraces sacred violence as important.

Plus with all the sects you have shit ranging from huge crusades on elegant back to cultish rituals with people stealing babies to eat.

>Nope. YESHUA destroyed the history and cultural identity of the HEBREW people so he could unite them against the ROMANS, it's kind of sad really.

The issue with different leaders in Civ4 was that there wasn't enough difference between them in terms of their bonuses

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka

That was an issue with Civ4 in general. Leaders didn't matter much beyond the name and the portrait (though to be honest I don't think it's something bad).

>is there nobody better than literally the only famous indian ever to be the avatar of india in a videogame

No. Any other stupid questions bopping around out there? I have a few minutes.

Keepin it Veeky Forums:
I hope they get rid off the shitty meme rulers.
I also dislike the fact that it isn't really "Civilization" any more but more like "Countries"¨
Variety between rulers would be fun.

I smell a marxist

Then you need to blow your nose.

Did anyone else start laughing when the narrator started with WE

>I hope they get rid off the shitty meme rulers.
I don't think tiny footnotes of history like Wu Zetian are going to fuck off.

>I also dislike the fact that it isn't really "Civilization" any more but more like "Countries"¨

Me too, but it was like that since the first one. I mean, it had the USA.

I laughed when I saw the colossal Atlas statue at the end, which will probably be on the cover.

It looks like the "world" is just one earthquake away from rolling down form his hands, and erase all traces of civilization on its path.

Wu Zetian is one of the worst and most irrelevant rulers in Chinese history.

Mao Zedong and Qin Shihuang are overused and both had short reigns. They need to change the leader of China. I suggest pic related.

I doubt he'll be replaced, he's basically the only Indian leader that has any sort of popular recognition in the west. Not to mention SJWs would probably lose their mind.

That said, hopefully they can go back to having multiple leaders for different civs and include some that are thematically good choices even if they're not well known by Firaxis' audience.

Maybe a different Gaulish or Brythonic leader.

Sumer
Iberian tribes
A different Carthaginian leader, hopefully not Hannibal or Dido
Lenin would be cool
A lesser-known Indian leader from the pre-modern era
Han, Song, Tang, or Ming dynasties
More Native Americans
Athens
Some Mycenaean kingdom
Minoans
Scythians
Lesser known Roman Empire leaders, maybe Late Period Rome
BC-era Germanic tribes
Early Turkic kingdoms from Central Asia
Early Rus
More Vikings
A different Korean leader
Lesser-known Egyptian leaders
Pre-Rus Slavic tribes
More Medieval Muslim leaders

If you were allowed to have any civ, no matter their importance in history, what civ would you choose?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Texas

Rhodesia, purely so I can create an isolationist country and live in comfiness

I hope Brazil makes a comeback, not only it's always fun to play as your own country, but they did it really well balanced and fun in V.

Israel.

Mods.

Frankly, if Gandhi leads India, Hitler should lead Germany.

> civ 5
> fun
> balanced

Funny you mention that because Ghandi actually went around telling European leaders to stop resisting Hitler's invasion with violence

He didn't have enough kills to earn a peace prize.
But he still did plenty to make the US proud.
youtube.com/watch?v=ByRlGx0Hwqk

Honestly that's just because of the "strong independent woman ruler meme"

That's probably also why they chose FUCKING MARIA I to lead Portugal

So, what kind of civ bonuses would these gain?

I imagine Rhodesia would get something regarding farms or plantations, and a bonus against barbarians would be neat.

>rhodesia
Farms produce +1 Food
>israel
get plus votes in world congress

>That said, hopefully they can go back to having multiple leaders for different civs and include some that are thematically good choices even if they're not well known by Firaxis' audience.

This.

That's bad for selling.

>africans actually believe this tiny piece of shit is an empire

Hopefully not something near as bad as what the fucking Huns received. What a disgrace that was.

And Theodora, Dido and Catherine. Probably some others that don't come to my mind now.

> europeans actually believe this piece of shit is an empire

>Bonus against barbarians
That's waciss

I can actually get behind Catherine. I mean, I'd rather see Peter the Great, but she's honestly probably the least questionable female choice.

But fucking Theodora, jesus christ. She wasn't even ruler

I swear if Hilary wins in 2016 she'll be the ruler for America.

Not sure about theodora or dido but catherine isn't an insignificant leader. She's earned her spot

Catherine was not even russian and there's no excuse to have her instead Peter the Great or Ivan the Terrible apart from gender. Better than having Stalin, but only barely.

> Ivan IV
> not Ivan III

most of the time if you claimed to be an empire history let you be called an empire. also it's pretty relative. sometimes a small group can conquer a lot of people, but compared to other states it's still pretty small.

>I can actually get behind Catherine

Get out of here, horses aren't allowed to post on this board

Solid choice too, but I'll say fame is also important (after all it's a videogame) and outside of Russia he is not very well known for whatever reason. Peter the Great and Ivan the Terrible are.

Catherine was a meme ruler through and through, she didn't do shit except make nobility even more powerful. I'd put Ivan III if it were for me but Peter is fine too.

Have they published the civs that would be in Vanilla? Last time civs like the mongols or Spain got out while,Shongai or Siam got in.

It was literally THE empire. Other empires (except from the actual romans including the eastern ones) are only called empires by derivation.

Some kind of Central Asian war and trade focused civ that represents guys like Tamerlane, Mughals, and the Durranis. All the warring steppenigger factions are Conan the Barbarian tier, and I just want one with more posh.

A Boer civ could be interesting.

> tfw no Albania under Skenderbeg civ

Special unit is smack addicted gangsters

Nice timing. I just beat diety for the very first time a week ago with based Japan. Censoring the French liberation girl's tits is weak tho
>israel
>get plus votes in world congress

That doesn't make any sense? Half of the UN's time and effort is spend bashing Israel.

Israel gets free units from America

>Israel
>Bonus of +200% to land units in the first turn of a war

my god I just saw the in game screenshots on the steam store. This is fucking horrible it looks like its made for children below 12.

Guess I'm spending the rest of my life playing civ 4 and 5.

Civ 5 looked horrible before release too. Just wait

And after release.
And before BNW.

I like the art desing of Civ 5. It looks quite well.

If the artstyle is like this, I fear for any depth in gameplay.

I don't think that Wu Zetian is that small a footnote though

you are so super ignorant it's hilarious

Don't tell me "muh enlightened absolutism" did anything. Military success during her rule was mostly due to Turks being even worse than Russian army that was in a state of permanent disrepair and corruption.

Enlight us,with your intellect.

Why? It looks more like Civ 4 and that didn't lack depth of gameplay. This artstyle means the devs can spend more time on mechanics and less time on models and textures.

>This artstyle means the devs can spend more time on mechanics and less time on models and textures.

No it doesn't. It takes exactly the same amount of effort to do this cartoony disney shit as it does to do something else.

looks like all the other civs ive seen to me

It looks like a hex Civ IV, which was deeper than V

Also for leaders I'd like to see
Charlemagne for France
Frederick II (HRE) or Frederick Barbarossa for Germany
Jefferson for USA since it seems they're talking a bit more about diplomacy
Peter the Great or Olga of Kiev for Russia
Empress Matilda or Victoria for England
Also I'd like to see Spain under Charles V if not Isabella

They get superior agents.

>Also I'd like to see Spain under Charles V if not Isabella

Yes please. Have them both, or even just Charles. He's my historical husbando.

>bunkers for unique buildings

He was so sweet in reality ;_;

really? seems like yesterday i was greatly dissapointed by how brave new world destroyed the whole game for me.

of course that was back when i was a little pleb
who jacked off to holy greek knights obliterating the backwards american and ottoman tribes in the fictional continent of pangaea

Everyone knows her.

>I'd like to see Spain under Charles V
Probably the worst king in Spanish history. It would like putting George W. Bush or Wilson as the leader of the US.

And everyone knows Peter and Ivan and they deserve it more.

Literally wrong.

>inb4 muh castillan proto-commies

Commies? They were actually capitalist as fuck. Dont forget that he treated Spain as shit,and charged all its imperial debt on to it,something that killed Spanish finances for the next couple of centuries. On top of that he destroyed all manufacturing in Spain,and had brilliant ideas,like trying to arrest Cortez,even though he failed. Charles the Fith would fit better as an >H>R>E ruler,as he just used Spain and Flanders to exploit their resources.

On the steam page, it sounded like they were adding a lot of good new mechanics. I really like the idea multi-tile cities

¨
>Catherine was not even russian

IMO that's a bit offensive. For a team that so much prides themselves on representing all cultures and being "multicultural" they choose to pander to teenage boys or feminists (depends on your perspective, probably both) on the expense of a western country. Using a German to represent Russia and priding yourself on being representative and historically accurate doesn't jive with me.

Underrated post.

4 and 5 were a massive downgrade from 3 in terms of artstyle. if anything, that looks like an improvement.

He had to fight against the greatest Ottoman ruler to ever exist both in eastern europe and the mediterranean sea, against the french (who started five wars against him) and against the protestants. He never started any of those conflicts yet he managed to defend his lands. With little to no support since nobody in his territories wanted to pay campaigns in other lands, and several of his territories had "better" laws than Castille that allowed them to refuse to give significant collaboration. He "killed spanish finances" trying to save Europe.

Topkek.

>nations / leaders we want to see

It'd be nice to have Pooland, having Russia as the only Slavs is weaksauce if you like "all European civs" games.

I unit per tile is confirmed for returning, so I for one won't be buying it.

The problem though is what you'd call this civilization. The Turks?

Yeah, how come it doesn't have things like Poland or Hungary that were pretty important to European history but at the same time it has all those jigaboo straw hut meme kingdoms?

as a long term civilization fan I would like to see king shaka of the African civilization of the Zulus return. truly one of the most sophisticated nations in history. and I love zerg rushing n00bz

Timurid empire, with Tamerlane. It's not exactly a civilization, but would not be the worst thing they made.

Civ 5 had Poland.