So I just bought a coat from rains, and it smells like wet paint and junk yard rubber

So I just bought a coat from rains, and it smells like wet paint and junk yard rubber

Do I just need to wait for the smell to wear off or can I help it?

Other urls found in this thread:

openingceremony.com/products.asp?menuid=1&designerid=3315&productid=163547&sproductid=163548&color=WAN BLUE&size=S/M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wash it you idiot

what color did u get. i want one to wear casually but i feel it would look vry questionable depending on how shiny it is irl.

i can probably pull it off anyway buttttt

I don't have anywhere to handwash 4 feet of rubber, how about I just wear it in the rain
Black :^)

It's a matte finish, no shine. Which model are you getting

I received one as a gift yesterday. I just assumed that is the smell which comes out of something that is essentially a raincoat?

Pics? I'm a tallfag planning on getting a Rains coat. Worth the buy? Is it versatile?

mine doesn't really smell anymore and ive never even worn it

How tall are you? I'm 5'11" but I'll take a pic if you want

rains pieces smell like they'll give you cancer

It wears off. I had the same thing with a bomber I bought, so it's not an exclusive Rains thing.
you can hang it outside and air it out a bit

They're surprisingly a lot thinner than I expected them to be. The inside texture is fairly uncomfortable aswell definitely needs a long sleeve or some getting used to.

i really like the powder blue coat. eyeing their opening ceremony collab since rains doesn't ship to canada (pain in the ass to get it shipped to friends in the US) and i like the zipper on the front of the OC coat
openingceremony.com/products.asp?menuid=1&designerid=3315&productid=163547&sproductid=163548&color=WAN BLUE&size=S/M

Fuck, I wish I knew this existed before I ordered mine. I got the long jacket with the buttons for the same price because I went through asos. Didn't want to have to ship all the way back to Denmark if it didn't fit

I'm 6'4 Tbh. If you still want to idm.

Really? Damn, this is quite a put off.

Wish they had another colour, slightly too loud.

It's thin but it's pretty hot.

Its a rain jacket, its supposed to be worn with layers

>wearing raincoat casually
shit will be uncomfortable as fuck and you'll look like an idiot

Fair enough, haven't owned one, thought I could wear little under one.

Damn, this sucks. I really need a casual coat but idk a good one.

Why are the sleeves so fucking short ffs

>I don't have anywhere to handwash 4 feet of rubber, how about I just wear it in the rain

I'd just do it in my bathtub, senpai
Take a shower with it on or something if you've only got a standing shower

They have it in black too

Here you go senpai
I live in a dorm

Just wait for it to wear off I reckon. Wear it in the rain or something to speed up the process.

Funny thing about rains is that I actually secured myself a poncho from them for free today. I have a buddy who's working with something related to Rains (can't remember if it's brand manager or something else), sent him a quick question about their products and pricings, he responded by sending me a free raincoat. Pretty neat.

What was the question?

I've had one since they started the company. Don't wear them casually, it's just for when it rains.
The fabric is like 0% breathable and you'll sweat like a motherfucker. I had to have mine dry cleaned twice because it got all yellow inside.

Or just get a different brand.

you look like a midget in that

thanks

when i got one i thought it smelled like old condoms and i asked ppl whether they thought it did and everyone said "no it just smells like rubber" and the smell went away after like 2 weeks of light wear

Don't worry about it the smell goes away