Dashiki thread

Dashiki thread

beautiful article of clothing
>tfw most bold contrasting color patterns look like absolute garbage on whites

these look garbage on blacks too. maybe if they were woven or embroidered but the ones i see worn by afro bambatas on campus are cheap printed poly crud

Light brown latino here. Im looking for something similar but maybe more native american looking. Any ideas?

I was going to ask, where can I get one that isn't sold on a fold-out table on the street

So mine just came in from Amazon (half black here). I thought it would be embroidered/stitched but to my surprise this one and all of them are printed. What's with the one size fits all? Mine kinda looks like table cloth when I put it on. I want to wear it so bad but I can only see myself getting ridiculed. Show a pic of it to some honkeys and they thought it was a joke

dope

Do you have one? What do you think about people wearing them?

>"African" Americans wearing dashiki
Stop. You've never set foot on our continent, and most of you have no intention to. If you'd gone to West Africa, immersed yourself in the culture and bought one as a souvenir (or have immediate African family), then you're sound.

>hurr look how ethnic and in touch with my roots I am
You're just a pretender and it's embarrassing

this unironically

this desu Afrocentric Americans are embarrassing

Decorative tablecloth thread
there fixed your thread illiterate fuccboi

Please just by one from your local african store or any africans you know usually if they're going somewhere you can ask for them to pick something up for you.
Don't mess with printed stuff,it's sad.
I don't really mind seeing afro americans in daishiki's and don't really think it's much of a problem, and although I haven't encountered this yet I can see how it gets annoying when people try to use the "muh roots" excuse,I mean it's a piece of clothing at the end of the day,no need to make a big deal out of it.

you guys are absolutely retarded.

If you actually studied the history of fashion in the black Atlantic you'd know even in the deepest parts of rural Africa for better part of a century most prints and manufacture cloth was made in the Netherlands, England and Portugal.

To this day the greatest prints in West Africa are made in the Netherlands by Europeans with roots in Ghana who fabricated patterns based on the styles and tastes of women merchants, women of wealth and everyday women and men.

The cloth patterns themselves are the result of the very same processes and economic systems that brought Africans to America and the New World and thus are just as much the right of African diaspora as it is for us from the continent more recently (I'm Congolese of partial Rhodian Jewish and Belgian ancestry)

Read a fucking book, fashion is what spurred slavery in the America's and fashion is what crumbled the continent for centuries. We are literally Veeky Forums embodied.

That being said this is decent quality, I think boubous are better something a tanned person could pull off even.

do not wear this if you're white
you'll just look like an idiot. half the population will think you're a cuck and the other will think you're a cultural appropriating racist dick.

>cuck general

only schoolboy q is allowed to wear these

Do you guys think an east asian can pull off a dashiki?

hard no

So what the fuck y'all niggas saying? Are the ones from the African store any different? I want to wear mine pretty soon but I don't want to look like a cretin.

Lol scHoolboy Q

tru

Black Americans who try to "get in touch with their roots" remind me of if an adopted Asian guy went full muh heritage and started practicing a random mess of different aspects of any Asian culture like
>Wearing a kimono
>Saying "Ni Hao"
>Practicing Muay Thai
>Eating kimchi all the time

What about """"Latino""""

Where are all the third wave feminist cunts screaming at black Americans for cultural appropriation?

All blacks in The America's come from dozens of ethnic groups.
It's not cultural appropriation when your culture was literally stripped from you after centuries of active discrimination to anything deemed African.

Where did you learn this stuff?

I always get a chuckle over how embarrassed well heeled Africans are when they come in contact with African Americans.

lol

....I'm an African who read books of Africa and the Americas, idk just start reading sources of quality.
Truth is funny innit?

Nah. Unlike other immigrants blacks in the New World were unable to openly perform their culture or pass it down openly legally and culturally.

False Equivalency.

ayo hol up
are you tellin me that
uhhh
that we wuz
uhhh
kaingz and sheeit?

Op here so to wear or to not wear. I'm leaning towards not. But then again I don't want anyone to dictate what I do. I also wish dashikis weren't one size fits all

My friend wears one specifically to piss off people, also because it's a basic black one with the pattern only around the collar and is apparently comfortable. He's a 6'5" white dude.

pls no

i'm amazed how non /pol/ this conversation is. well done guys

African here, as stated earlier please don't waste your money on shit quality stuff, find a local store or ask around.

blond blue eyed white guy here.

Been wearing dashikis since i was 16 im 23 now. Usually match a secondary or third color to my shoes or hat or both if in feeling bold.

I live in oakland ca, not from here. Id say about 80% of black folks like it, maybe 1 out of every 5 has something negative to say. Black females are very supportive and compliment me on it a lot. I like black girls so it work great for me. Black fags also like to compliment me, touch it etc.

Every once in a while someone will get mad but it really doesnt happen often, and usually one of their other black friends will say it looks cool. Dont be self conscious. If you are a miscegnator like myself its even better to wear them because it signifies that you are supportive of african culture And thus they are more open to you.

I have a purple one and a green one, which i match to my nikes lmao

Fuck off you sperg. Beaners try to make the same nonsenical argument when they try to salvage "their culture".

You know what the "slave's" culture was, that they weren't allowed to practice? It was also the result of the same form of ethnocidal imperalism, subjugating smaller tribes into one larger empire, replacing their culture identity with the empire's. Their new African American ethnic identity was just as much "true" as their previous ethnic identities, which also would've eliminated the continued practice of their anti-national tribal heritage

And your paranoid conspiracy of white oppression is very evidently just your pathetic IQ disparities. Cry more