This is embarassing but I'm about to attend my first wedding ever and I happen to be the best man. What should I wear?

This is embarassing but I'm about to attend my first wedding ever and I happen to be the best man. What should I wear?

The wedding takes place in the countryside during the evening in two weeks. The dress code is formal (suits) and I don't even own a single suit.

Help me out!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_wear
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A suit.

go to reddit buy a suit don't post here again

raf simons rick owens usually what i'm dressed in

Buy a two-buttoned navy suit

Are you fucking autistic?

Formal isn't suits. Formal is typically black tie... unless you live in West Virginia?

You better call his fiancée and find out what you really need to wear... then go rent it from a formal store. They also rent suits if that's what you actually need.

I'm not autistic, I'm just not a fashion-conscious queer.

I live in Sweden. In Swedish, it's "kavaj" (literally "suit jacket") which means you have to wear a suit, which I know since I already asked the groom. As far as I'm concerned, suits are formal.

>I'm not autistic, I'm just not a fashion-conscious queer.
I could've given you advice but since you're set on being a condescending asshole there's no point really.

Not him but dude, you were the condescending asshole first.

>Throws shit
>Get's shit thrown back
>I was gonna help you but you threw shit at me

>Swedish
>not queer

Rent a tux, the groom's party typically coordinates outfits (sounds gay now that I'm writing it but it's true across social/economic lines) so make sure everybody rents black tuxes, and hurry because May is pretty much every tux shop's biggest month and you don't want to be too late

> not a fashion-conscious queer
> comes to a fashion-conscious message board

the fact you know about this place...

Please be in London

you are retarded. don't ask the groom, ask the fucking bride.

if you're the groom's best man, he's likely an autistic open-mouth breather like you, meaning he has no clue either.

I would LOVE to see pics later of you in some shit-tier walmart blue suit 2 sizes too big next to the rest of the groom's party in black tie.

Don't forget your fedora.

Sorry, no, although I've been many times. Spend my time between Los Angeles, Vancouver and New York.

Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns

Touché

The wife-to-be said no tuxedos. The only rule is to basically wear a suit. Of course, wearing an Austin Powers-tier suit is out of the question for obvious reasons

Exactly why I came here

you said you talked to the groom

now you say you talked to the bride

is this some sort of tranny wedding?

Just go to zara and buy a suit, search guides and make sure it fits perfectly. Ask if they have a tailor.

Facebook chat

Fair enough
I recommend you all try to coordinate outfits anyway. Navy suits, white shirt, plain tie

The problem with "don't wear a tux" is that a wedding pictures might be the most important thing in both of their lives - or their kids lives going forward - and they should look their best, regardless of the silly formality involved

Yes, this sounds like a good idea. Personally I was thinking about going to a tailor store, but I was wondering whether there were any specific things I should be taking into consideration. Groom is wearing black, the father is wearing charcoal, perhaps I need to buy a different-coloured suit to balance it out?

you're fucking hopeless.

1. it's not your wedding. do not stand out in ANY way. all the focus should be on the bride and groom, especially in pictures. stick to black, charcoal or navy. No pin stripes, nothing. Basic.

2. you think you can get a suit tailored in 2 weeks? top kek

If you went out and bought a suit today, you'd be lucky to find a half decent place that could simply alter it between then and now. any place that can do it super fast probably isn't going to do quality work.

Now do you really want help or not? If so, post a pic of yourself with your height and weight (don't need to see the face) so we can figure out what to actually recommend.

He's in the groom's party though so he really needs to coordinate with the other guys

I told him that from the beginning. He's clearly not getting it.

Dude when I was asked to participate in my first wedding I referred to a book that gave me a cheat sheet on my responsibilities. That stuff needs to be instilled in every guy one way or another

Of course. I honestly cringed when he suggested "...buy[ing] a different-coloured suit to balance it out".

Could you fucking imagine if he showed up in something like a khaki summer suit? Or seersucker??

LOLOLOLOL

You know what?

OP, ask the bride: "What are the bridesmaids wearing?"

Are they all wearing different dresses in different colors? If so, then buy whatever the fuck you want.

But it's far more likely they're all wearing similar dresses in the same color.

Not OP but I'm just trying to make a point. Young guys need to step the fuck up and realize they're expected to act like adults even they're in adult situations, cuz typically everybody else involved in a wedding knows their role since they're grown ass men

I'm not disagreeing with you, learn to comprehend.

Read the comments above. I told him to talk to the bride as at the end of the day it's *her* wedding and she has the expectation of how people will be dressed in the party.

Yes, I agree with you 100%: the groom's party should look as close to identical as possible.

Unless this is some fucking bullshit circus wedding... then who gives a fuck.

My roommate's wedding was basically ruined by Pinterest

formal is dark suits. 'black tie' is black tie. but since you're in the groom's party, you'll need to find out from him or the bride what to wear specifically

just go buy/rent a dark(black/navy) suit. Look up how they're supposed to fit if you don't know. You'll be able to find one that's close enough since you're not a "fashion-conscious queer"

Wrong.

WRONG.

Words matter. Formal in the traditional sense means white tie in the evening, black tie any other time. Morning dress sometimes falls under this as well.

Semi-formal is suits.

Being that OP is a faggot Swede, he's likely misusing the word.

But the use in dress is quite clear: a formal event requires black tie at a minimum.

> "contemporary consultants use looser, modern definitions, in which white tie is styled as most formal, very formal or ultra formal; black tie as formal; and the traditionally informal lounge suit as pseudo-formal."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_wear

go to /r/mfa and lurk moar faggot

Alright, I'm done here seeing how you're all useless. Anyway, it's a circus wedding, so the only requirement turned out to be a dark suit, nothing more to it. Now I'm off to continuing my normie life. Enjoy your lunarcore threads, losers!

>Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns

kek i bet you 'mess with the bull' all the time swedecuck

He's just really mad that all the fine blonde Swedish women are fucking sandniggers and other muslims now.

I bet he's the best man at his gf's wedding to a mudslime lmao.

"We can still be friends, right OP? Achmed said it was okay if you were his best man."

> cuckcore

> formal (suits)

WAT?