Is Yeezy Veeky Forums?

Is Yeezy Veeky Forums?

yes

No

Only black people can pull of Yeezy. White people look pathetic trying

no, they look like a tramp.

like these colour palettes

You got to be out of your fucking mind (just like the maker himself) to wear OR buy that shit. $2600 for a simple sweater

>implying wearing yeezy doesn't make anyone look retarded

This

idk what you were doing using that pic because none of it is yeezy clothing
but it highlights that noobs now think kanye's haider ripoff line is his own look lol

>tuskin raider core
>nigger jedi core

I just assume anything Kanye wears either is Yeezy or is soon to be blatantly ripped off by Yeezy. Except that blue jacket, it's not Yeezy's style.

From a fashion stand point, no.

From a common sense stand point, no.

From a fanboys stand point, yes.

The colour palettes allows the clothes to blend together so any other distinctive design is lost in a horrible presentation of a sea of bland. The layering mixed with the draping is off and completely draws attention away from interesting clothing.

As a designer Kanye really doesn't understand fashion. His collections show a lot of egoism and misdirected energy. the pieces quite accurately reflect his mind, yes there is a lot of experimentation going on but there's too much energy. And a lot of novice mistakes.

A fashion show is supposed to show off the clothing and your skills as a designer and your vision. Kanyes designs are far too disjointed and quite frankly it's all been done before. It's true that nothing is ever new in fashion but Kanye really pushes this to the limits.

Overall, fashion is not suitable for Kanye. Music is his thing and he should stick to it. You cannot build a reputable and haute couture or highly recognised fashion brand like he is trying to; that's something that takes time, creativity and money. Unfortunately he is running out of those.

>And a lot of novice mistakes.
like which ones? honestly curious

OP you should check out szn 3. Your analysis makes it sound like you have only seen 1&2

I haven't got to it yet but I will m8
>treating clothing as a piece of art work rather than clothing mixed with art also lack of artistic not to wear pieces
>too much going on i.e. Too many layers,
>unflattering clothing on models - different body types (tall, symmetry, busty) need suitable clothing. That y a lot of fashion shows just have one body type
>not more exploration or use of different colours

Just to name a few

3 is a lot more colorful. Just google it

I would agree that he doesn't really follow all of the rules that other designers do, but that is why I like him. He's different

hobbit wave

Yeah but it's not like he is the only one to do. There are many other designers who do so as well but they do it better. I don't see his fashion brand surviving.

There are also a lot of good fashion rules. Like the 10% rule which I really think he should take advantage of.

So I just googled it and realised that I'd already seen it. I remember being disappointed with the pale and toned down colours and how crowded the stage was.

It really isn't my cup of it BUT if it is yours then enjoy m8ys

regarding p.3 and 4? what's the difference between him, and, say, Rick, who uses all the types of models and works almost exclusively in black and white?
i understand that is sounds like a novice question, but i'd love somebody to break it down.

what'd you expect

Gotta say I'm not a follower/fan of rick (just looked up his shows and he has people strapped to people certainly interesting) but off the top of my head.

>difference between him and rick

By restricting himself , rick as a fashion designer, is forced to come up with more creative pieces. Though this does distract by making the clothes more like art pieces rather than ready to wear to pieces.

There is some similarities in the shapes of the shoes designed but overall Kanye is quite consistent with his own style. He doesn't vary too much or do anything risqué per se. Kanye presents a lot of repetition but his clothes is more catered towards ready to wear pieces.

Although they both incorporate different body types that does not mean that what the models wear accentuates or balances their shape, hair type, skin tone etc.

Overall, on the surface they seem a like but realistically they have quite different styles. A lot artists draw from the same inspection but interpret their own creations quite differently.

Also we all start out as novices, remember this is only what i see. You should check out forums like th fashion spot or small blogs to see what other people think!

Inspiration****** not inspection.

Half the pieces and most of the aesthetic was ripped from a combination of Helmut Lang, Raf, Rick, Haider (pieces).

The only way this looks good on black people is the homeless, baggy shit because we're used to associating that with niggers.

No

gotcha, thanks a bunch man! enjoyed your insight

to be fair, ripping aesthetics from 4+ guys at once is what we call 'inspiration', everybody do that

I think he's done some pretty great stuff- Season 3 is his best so far.

He made muted earthy tones the new black/white in mainstream fashion.

His designs will trickle down into fast fashion (they already have) and it will become pretty normie core.

He has some unique/nice pieces and the footwear is incredible

Holy fuck this post was cancer. Please hang yourself. Actually do it.

being this much of a fan boy

Completely agree about the affect he has on mainstream streetwear

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I'm afraid you've developed tunnel vision my friend.

No, the whole thing is a ripoff (Rick, Damir, Boris you name it), you can count yeezy as allsaints to high fashion: stolen designs, pretentious, so-so quality and overpriced as fuck.

the problem with his clothing is that he's Kanye fucking West.

it's not just 'earthly toned distressed clothing'
it's 'rags by that nigger who married Kim and scolded Taylor' in the first place

when your fashion line became the meme before it was even born, you need to really go out of your way to become notable as a designer, not just a public person. so far he doesn't demonstrates such traits in his wear.

>He made muted earthy tones the new black/white
Seriously dude

shrek-core

But he didn't design that shit alone, real designers helped him. You're just biased and trying to justify that his collection is shit by the wrong way.

number #1 indicator is a fashion line is good or bad is to look at the person who created it.

Kanye is a fat, black manlet rapper. he can never be Veeky Forums, much less fashionable in any aspect

Why does he look like a dwarf in this picture

looks like an old pic so im guessing he didnt know about clothing proportions back then

Only pic Yeezy related I actually like tbqhfam

>more creative pieces, rick hasn't changed that much over the years, he even says that he doesn't want to change.

Everyone in that pic looks homeless. Why do you faggots actually think this looks good?

>rich nigger spends all his money on hookers and blow and can't afford to buy new pants

As a coloured guy I wouldn't wear Yeezy shit. The color palettes don't look well on us and if anything it just screams Kanye Fanboy who has money to burn.

That being said, the quality of the clothing is really good. Everything feels super soft and comfy.

:^)

He isn't wrong

That is completely and utterly wrong, but I still agree that kanye is a shit designer, but not because of what you suggested

Of course

look bro it ain't that deep
Like I said I'm neither a follower not a fan so I wasn't aware of that but thanks. Kinda disappointing when an artist refuse to grow.