Am I the only one who misses this show? It may not have been the most historically accurate show on television...

Am I the only one who misses this show? It may not have been the most historically accurate show on television, but it kept me entertained while it lasted.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100127134241.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got triggered by the Zulu defeating the Jaguar Warrior, it doesn't get worse after that right?

I enjoyed seeing warriors from different cultures but the inaccuracies bogged it down.

I love the concept.

I'd actually love to see it as a regular TV series. Like a bunch of warriors from different time periods end up in the same place through some cosmic shenanigans and after a heated introduction they team up to beat the bad guy.

>It may not have been the most historically accurate show on television
That is quite the understatement in regards to how shitty it was.

Hardly anything about it was historically accurate and their methodology was utter nonsense.

It was an entertainment show pretending to have a scientific background and teaching people about an aspect of history, when it was nothing of that sort and people who watched it would come out of it stupider than they were before because before they weren't under the impression to be knowledgeable on the subject.

More American than the Star Spangled banner.

Aztec, Mongol, Roman, Viking, Samurai, Tlingit, Parthian, Teutonic Knight, Zulu and Maori would be my dream team.

>Man with metal weapons vs stone weapons

Gee

I just liked it when they hacked the ballistic skeleton dummies with weapons.

It was a good show to watch with friends indeed.

But how would they communicate?

Total misinformation. Literally made people stupider.

>George Washington vs Napoleon
>George Washington victory

>Average Zulu: Angry nigger
>Average Jaguar Warrior: Highly skilled and experienced fighter who took dozens of prisoners

First season was GOAT retarded 16 year old entertainment

After that it was just retarded with shit like happening

>Teddy Roosevelt vs Lawrence of Arabia
>Teddy Roosevelt victory

Not him, but Angry nigger, feet deadened from stomping on thorns, trained to march 50 miles a day, following superior tactics, and having access to weapons hundreds of years ahead of the Aztecs are of course going to win.

>metal weapons
Like the end of a spear and...? Aztecs had copper/bronze axes btw.

>can't even think of a shoe, armor or infantry formation
>superior tactics
Keep deluding yourself Jamal

The only thing this show was really good for was watching guys go to town on dead pigs/ballistic gel dummies with historical weapons.

The showdowns were alright until they started running out of ideas and doing retardef stuff like Washington vs Napoleon.

But even then half the show was listening to the "experts" spout off the most basic muh katana/longsword bullshit

I liked it to a certain extent

What Veeky Forums movies do you guys want to watch together? This Friday or Saturday night would be the time the movie is streamed most likely.

>Washington was a better general than Napoleon

Epic show
Very accurate

>Cherrypicking

Besides, no one with even a small knowledge of Washington claims he was some great unbeatable general. He just knew how to keep the war going for long enough to get the French involved and he was a GOAT president.

> Washington versus Napoleon
> Washington wins

Total bullshit, but don't care because USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

>wearing shoes
>"Our feet were made in part for running," Lieberman says. But as he and his co-authors write in Nature: "Humans have engaged in endurance running for millions of years, but the modern running shoe was not invented until the 1970s. For most of human evolutionary history, runners were either barefoot or wore minimal footwear such as sandals or moccasins with smaller heels and little cushioning."
sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100127134241.htm

You ignorant fucktard

Aside from David Wenham's narration it was shit.

How did their computer program that decided wins/losses work exactly?

>infantry formation
Literally the thing the Zulu were most famous for

Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior was pretty fun for a while but it's got nothing on the original.

Well Jaguar warriors were not practices in generic warfare, but almost a game made for capturing slaves.

The fact that they didnt eliminate any variables what so ever was frustrating, like testing 2 "comparable" weapons in completely different ways so you couldnt really tell which was superior. Also bad acting.

>pirate vs knight
>not knight vs samurai
Who the fuck does this?

You wouldn't make these two fight would you

some alien device or magic sorcery.

>RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

>implying there was a program
They probably just played DnD or something

Mongol > Everything else
They invented blitz warfare, and could decimate a much larger army through fear tactics, speed, and manuverability. They used spies to spread rumors of their terror, creating chaos and confusion. They were able to defeat the armies every Asian power they encountered

Into an oilfield?

>Derailing a thread:101.

The weapons testing was the only good thing about that show. The rest was bullshit.

Wuchu say to me

Viking vs Samurai sufficed for me.

But it would be nice to see a bit more fighting outside of one pairing.

>K-knightu-kun-sempai...

Zulu fought William Wallace not the Aztec...also Aztecs had shitty weapons. Their expert spent his time flipping around like a jackass. I loled hard when they lost.