All [Blank] Everything

If you gotta wear all one brand, what would it be and why? Assume infinite budget. Don't think about reselling the clothes to buy other brands or whatever ("oh hey I could just buy a bunch of Geos and resell them for Rafs"), since then you'd just be missing the point.

I'll start.
>I'd go for pic related mainly because, while I like Rick, Julius, Yohji-type stuff with the all black everything, frankly, it's a bit TOO edgy for everyday wear, I think. Like, I can imagine myself wearing all Undercover and both looking good and looking like I'm a functioning non-goth member of society. Also, I like the "elegant/refined punk" idea that Takahashi seems to employ. I don't like the punk aesthetic much, but I do enjoy things that have come from/been influenced by punk.

I'd say SLP but I know I'll probably regret later in my life

ACME

Rick

>If you gotta wear all one brand, what would it be and why?

Yohji, makes literally everything, and every piece is better than expected, always seems to have some hidden detail

As for your interest in undercover, jun's fake punk years are well behind him and his best collections will be a decade old soon, while he is less avant garde and therefore more "wearable" to normies than rick or yohji he's still a hack

Supreme everything. Only in hot-pink though.

brooks brothers or rl purple label
mfacore i know

F U L L R I C K

Are you just memeing, or do you really think there are any full Rick outfits that look good on anyone other than Rick himself?

just die young so you dont have to worry about looking like an edgy teen when youre 40

Nothing at all wrong with brooks brothers.

I'd say Comme des Garçons for a good mix of clothing

Uniqlo

Yves or Yohji

Tough choice.

But Uniqlo is good for basics.

If you have infinite budget you could just buy from a more expensive brand that releases basics as well as more interesting pieces.

Adidas

Not with those shoes, Dimitri

probably visvim. there are so many versatile styles so I can go from dressed up for the opera to grunge cyberpunk cowboy, all within the same brand.

visvim is definitely my most owned brand too, only one I can really be head to toe in. doesn't hurt that i live nearby a boutique that carries em.

full kanye

>grunge cyberpunk
I can see "cowboy", where does this other stuff come from? Visvim seems cool, but it's very Americana, and it's not an aesthetic I'm that interested in.

The often incorporate gore-tex and such into items that will then be dyed with indigo or something like that. I love them as a lot as a past meets present concept. My Nomad parka is my favorite clothing item.

commes des garcon homme plus

raf semen

Fuck I hate this board

Acronym

Margiela although I kind of gave it a second thought when you mention UC

Damn Margiela's pretty good. Should have thought of that one.

SLP so i can kill myself looking Veeky Forums

Our Legacy

loooool
off yourself

Rick, Yohji or Undercover

B...b...but OP said all [blank] everything :^)

same desu

80% of my wardrobe is OL anyways so i wouldnt dress all that differently

All Saints, no pun intended.

Either Balmain or Ferragamo

I can see the tech-cowboy, but not the cyberpunk cowboy.

Undercover still puts out good collections, it's just less angsty and punk and more subtle.

Probably Visvim, Brooks Brothers or Norse Projects.

Yohji Yamamoto. pretty much every piece of 'nice' clothing I own is Yohji anyway. pretty much rebuilding with yohji.

good choice but not too sure how I feel with the new creative director. old MMM yes.

ITT: People picking brands that don't make shoes

>Stay shoeless cucks :^)

boy a ton of these make shoes

most yohji shoes are bad. guess that's part of the deal though.

lemaire
>appropriate clothes for winter and summer, even in australia
>formal and unformal
>understated and clean, yet interesting in its details
>will never be played out
>superb quality

This or Margaret Howell.

Raf Simons duh

lemaire is so gr8

Same, same

H&M

Drake's London.

this

Every brand listed in this thread has at one point or still does make shoes

Gosha Rubchinsky

Old Carpe, incredibly versatile for both setting and style.

Maybe Harden

two homeless men meet dot jaypeg

Rick is the only answer

Patagucci or Carhartt.

Joking, Dries or Raf.

Saint Laurent.
FML if they switch from Hedi Slimane's style though.

edgelord

Either OG Lang or OG Margiela

Raf, UC, rick are great and all but wouldn't age with grace

CCP and the like look cool on older people but not versatile enough to justify

nike
>Nice pants
>Nice shoes
>Nice jackets
>Nice shirts
>comfy

I was thinking Fila for the same reason.

Rick looks best on old people though
And UC has done fucking everything, you can wear shit that makes you look like a hobo, shit that is normie as fuck and fucking #menswear and suiting if you are in to that

Damire Doma or Yohji, just be comfy 4 life

adidas

i'm polish k

Z a r a

Last good uc collection was aw2010, maybe ss2011, since then it's just been rehashing the same band iconography and a few good individual pieces here and there. This is of course talking about his men's collections, his women's have been incredible

>harden

Lmao

At least pick someone with substance like GBS

this

but if I start to lose my cool and settle

all yohji wardbrobes are the only designer-exclusive you ever see, not counting collectors that don't wear. he's doing something right

>you can't just like the garments a designer makes, you have to buy into all the politics behind the designers as well if you are purchasing their items

No, I don't care to do that. I understand why someone might but it's not why I love fashion

If you're looking for anyone besides harnden as an answer, Elana Dawson

Also
>Harden
OK ;)

Gieves and Hawkes. Who wouldn't get bespoke everything?

I am allowed to wear shoes though, right?

Especially good since I'm in the military.

same. either cdg in general or yohji. they have everything from suiting to casual stuff

>unironically liking paul "i bury my shoes in thr garden" harnden

this. dawson is better than harnden as she doesn't just push out the same pieces over and over. people just buy harnden because of the process that goes into it

>harden

I was quoting the original post you mong

>I'm going to wear pretentious artisanal garments but disregard all the semiotics behind them

I mean, I honestly prefer the way his clothing looks...

Like I said I could care less how he distresses his pieces, of course the process is interesting to me but it's not so important to my purchasing process that it would change anything. Both designers make incredible pieces imo, but the fit of many of Harndens pieces just strikes the perfect chord in me, Dawsons working can sometimes be a little too romantic for me.

If the thread was titled "who is the best designer and why" I would very quickly be on your side but sadly that's not what this thread is about. It's a shallow thread and so I gave a shallow answer, it's what I like.

Also, harnden definitely wasn't the first or the most well known designee to bury shoes in the ground for extended periods of time. I honestly didn't know that that was one of the major things people thought about him when his name came up.
Oof, unfortunate. Autocorrect gets me again

At least you're genuine

common projects

>I have to find meaning in everything
>I need to show people how cultured and deep I am with my clothing
>I have to make sure that I have some pretentious reason to go along with why I bought my pretentious artisinal garments

>wearing only leather footwear kek

Those both were amazing but I wouldn't call the newer collections terrible by any stretch ss15 was great, ss16 the whole idea is greatest hits and that's what it is

youre only talking about the mens collections right? because the recent women's UC collections have been incredible

All Saints or Rick

Lululemon. Comfy-core.

Yes and yes

i like that romantic part of dawson you mentioned. to each his/her own i guess.

If you're going to be autistic about clothing you might as go all the way with it and not half ass it

No offence but did you read my response? I did say I was talking about men's collections not women's

>summer collections based on whatever "cool" band jun is into at the time
>winter collections are uninspired crap with few redeeming qualities
>ss16 is a greatest hits album that doesn't even touch on his best conceptual collections

Jun has lost his touch simple as that

Honestly, probably Nike, they make all kinds of stuff and ACG for my ninja fetishism.

I guess I just wanted an excuse to post those pics lol

adidas does that way better with Y-3.

But Adidas doesn't have anything else, I dislike all of their "normal" stuff.

ACRNM

ultraboost,YZY,tubular?

I only like Tubulars out of those. I guess I could wear all Y-3 all the time anyway :^))

All the time, forever and ever and ever? For all occasions?

Outlier

>Not wearing all common projects
>Being effay

Choose one

APC
clean af

Kek, this is exactly what I was imagining when I first read the post

Opposite ends of the spectrum, but either Hermes or J. Press.

Givenchy.

Need a suit?
Need a tux?
Need edgy street wear?
Need formal/dress shoes?
Need sneakers?
Need boots?
Need shorts?
Need business casual?
Need a date outfit?
Need to look like a million bucks?

It's all there. Literally everything you would ever need. And you'd look fucking incredible.

Supreme