/milinspo/earthtone/

>tfw the military/earthtone/workwear threads are never popular

But earthtones are objectively the best color pallette.

Post inspo and discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Levis-Original-Shrink-Taupe-Rigid/dp/B007MM8VSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461882051&sr=8-1&keywords=shrink to fit a taupe
endclothing.com/eu/clothing/trousers/the-north-face-black-label-denali-pant-t0cd4y-9zg.html
onlinemilitaria.net/products/4963-UK-WWII-Style-Plimsolls-Reproduction/?bc=no
varusteleka.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bought a pair of these as beater/throwaway jackets for when I go hiking, and surprisingly they fit me perfectly. Does anything really go good with these? I'm just a T-Shirt and Jeans kinda guy. Would layering a light Charcoal hoodie underneath look nice? Might take the star patches off because they look a bit stupid to me.

Be VERY careful with that seam ripper when you're removing the patches they put them on tight.

I like wearing my surplus jackets unzipped with a neutral V neck on underneath. Works surprisingly well with jeans and boots.

Try a henley instead of a t shirt underneath, but definitely skip on the hoodie

I've got a salmon, black, two navy, and a earthy green one. All fit me well except the green one. Would the blue or black one work better?

The green jacket thing is fucking played out. You need to demilitarize surplus stuff.
The plague that is the green military jacket is all over the west coast and it is pretty fucking terrible when people will pay for fake that more expensive then the authentic article.
People need to do what saul williams did and adorn a legitimate item with non military things.

>demilitarize surplus stuff
What do you mean by that?

And I wear actual surplus, I have a flecktarn parka and a wool jeep cap I wear in winter.

Wondering if I should add in this Gulf War era marine BDU top to the wardrobe or if that would be too much.

I live in a rural area and do competitive shooting sports so I can get away with this shit better than a noguns Westcoaster.

Black

I have authentic 1969 M-65.
>mfw seeing plebs with fast fashion replicas

Fake surp exists?

What the hell, like why?
Why wouldn't you just buy the real shit?
It's not like it's particularly rare or expensive, and having the actual shit has more real value.

I don't think fake exist but there's a trend for military jacket and fast fashion brands are selling them to millenials. The material is very thin and bad stitching. Mostly for show, not functional for any cold weather. The only good thing is that they're slimmer.

I demilitarize my stuff by dying them darker. They don't look like any standard issue then.

Does a milchic look justify wearing cargo pants/shorts?

How do you properly pull off cargo shorts without looking like a sperglord?

Recently copped a M-65 parka from 1974, loving it. :)

I wear this all the time. It gets boring fast desu

Blue collar jobs or 10/10 muddle face. No other way.

make sure theyre not baggy or too long, there you go

Who web belt here?

What are some good shoes for the military look?
I like boots but even uninsulated leather boots get damn hot in summer, and I don't really think I could pull of boots while wearing shorts either.

Web belts give me such an elementary school vibe it's not even funny. To each their own, but to me they look like those cheap belts that come free with really shitty cargo shorts for elementary/middle schoolers.

Elementary schoolers don't wear belts they all have elastic

Cargo pants or canvas jeans?

Get a pair of Chinese Army sneakers. Alternatively, look at anything Nigel Cabourn collabs with, the converse collab comes to mind.

>Fake surp exists?
Yes, yes it does. Mostly they're not "fakes" but commercial (non-issue) reproductions. M65's are the mosto bvious example of this.

>Why wouldn't you just buy the real shit?
Sometimes the real shit is no longer in existence or has become insanely rare. For example, Experimental patterns (like the Karst meme), Wehrmacht/SS patterns or Rhodesian stuff (even though not rare but just expensive).

>It's not like it's particularly rare or expensive, and having the actual shit has more real value.
Surp can be very rare, see the above.

Got a medium gray one? It'll even look good on its own with a pair of jeans.

I probably will eventually, as henleys are like the comfiest shirts I've ever worn.

Jeans

Apparently they reek of industrial rubber.

Well I'll be damned, that's the same one as on my uniform, just in red and with an insignia

>>demilitarize stuff
we like this stuff because it's pretty stuff, not because it's military stuff

>2016
>not having seen meme women's fashion combat boots falling apart on people
those kinds of things make me sad

I'm rembering boy scouts

new gats?

the soles look a lot like these cheapo martial arts shoes, ugly build quality but fairly sturdy and comfortable.

Never worn a henley but I recently discovered I like v necks, looking to move more away from my crew necks except in the most casual settings, what a good number of them to have? Just like one of every color or should I have more?

What's a good place to buy other than Amazon?

Are Boy Scouts Veeky Forums?

id on the boots?

i've really only seen them on amazon.

that guy looks homeless

You got some fuckin clean and well dressed hobos

Does pockets = style

Where can i get denim jeans in pants in earth tones?

>denim jeans in pants in earth tones?

What now?

Get them in canvas dummy

W2C pants in a taupe/brown-grey color?

lol i mean jeans in earth tones.

>canvas
like khakis/chinos or do you mean something else
>dummy
i've never heard any use canvas before for pants!

>W2C pants in a taupe/brown-grey color?
Exactly what i'm looking for, i found these which are perfect amazon.com/Levis-Original-Shrink-Taupe-Rigid/dp/B007MM8VSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461882051&sr=8-1&keywords=shrink to fit a taupe see the taupe color, but their at ridiculous sizes

There is seriously no brand that makes jeans in this color?

>i've never heard any use canvas before for pants!
Confirmed dummy

I like the fit in the middle a lot

Can someone ID this jacket?

How to pull of suspenders?

Is a beard mandatory?

Workwear ≠ milspec

OP mentioned workwear.

From my experiences having been one I'll have to say no.

It just depends. They're kind of my salt and pepper of clothing I guess, as to me they work with everything else I wear. Wear what colors you look good in. I like the green one but it's a bit too big on me which is a real disappointment.

Only those endclothing.com/eu/clothing/trousers/the-north-face-black-label-denali-pant-t0cd4y-9zg.html they'd be great if it wasn't for the low rise.

These aren't jeans, but they're good by themselves, thank you.

It's Nigel Cabourn, everything he does is military inspired (mostly navy).

I got this for camping. I didn't intend to ever wear it casually but the more I look at it the more I want to.

Doing what this guy does might be Veeky Forums but it looks very easy to fuck up.
Harder to go wrong with an olive jacket, I reckon.

What do you think of these?
onlinemilitaria.net/products/4963-UK-WWII-Style-Plimsolls-Reproduction/?bc=no

Pretty nice looking. Wondering how the color would work with wardrobe, mostly blue jeans but picking up some other types of pants like earthtone canvas pants.

Also are there any good solutions for actual boots that are made of good materials to wear in hot weather?

Or athletic shoes I can wear for sports that fit the mil/earthtone style?

How much camo is too much camo?

I typically limit myself to a single item of camo clothing.

Is it possible to wear a military long coat without looking like an autist?

Is it possible to wear any sort of long coat without looking like an autist is the real question.

I wouldn't go longer than the cost in the op pic

Definitely. I can't pull it off, but I see many males look great in it. Usually gotta be over 6' and have bulk to you. You look like a pedophile if you're skinny, tall, wearing a trench coat, and looking like you're about to flash some children.

Gotta be an "intelligent" Chad to pull it off.

>Also are there any good solutions for actual boots that are made of good materials to wear in hot weather?

The solution is to get tough.

For real, though. You can wear most boots in hot weather you just have to not think about it. I doubt your feet will be very uncomfortable unless you're thinking about it.

If you're going contemporary military rather than classic there's lots of options for hot weather boots. You could google around and see what soldiers in the Mid-East like to wear.

>used to have an old marine quatermaster great coat from 1943
>wore it in the shittiest of colorado winter time
I mean I consider myself decently attractive, but one day this girl at my work walks up to me and says "you look kinda creepy, not like bad, but like an endearing kind of creepy"
Never again

>wearing clown camo

Someone post a good earth tone pallet.

Guidelines for wearing camo:
>One piece at a time
>No current issue of your own country
>Original only

can someone ID those boots?

I really dig that fit

Is that a FUCKING joke?

nope. boots?

thanks

Fuck off.

Tricky Ricky Geobastards mane.

those are geos? damn didnt recognize because of the color

go fuck yourself pretentious prick

You should fuck yourself if you aren't even able to identify a boot that's been posted for literal years on here just because it has a different color you autist

"a stranger on the internet can not identify a shoe!"

why are you angry again?

why are you posting on a fashion forum if you clearly have no interest in fashion?

forgive me for looking at a website. i'll do whatever the hell i want :^)

being ignorant on purpose is death

now seriously angry manlet man go take a couple bars and chill the fuck out. you're embarassing yourself

>being ignorant on purpose is death
>> I could not recognize a pair of shoes
alright bud. you're clearly an extreme sperglord so I think I'll stop replying to you.

Gee, too bad he's not asking questions to try and learn stuff or anything

I wear almost nothing but earth tones.
Everyone always comments on how I should wear something more colorful, but fuck that.

Explain to me how they are the best

Anyone have surplus sites/stores to check out?

varusteleka.com/en/ is okay
i'm also interested in european militaria and milsurp, it's hard to come by in australia. i'm too lazy to scour german ebay.

school shooter in the making

Haha, you have no idea how often I get that. Doesn't help that I look very childlike in person, as well as being relatively short (5'8 on the point)

I don't get posts like this, it's like they want to be shit on and ridiculed

height doesn't really have much to do with it so much as body language, hair and clothes
all of which are entirely within your power
you look like you're channeling martin bryant
stop that

>height doesn't really have much to do with it

0/10

Well, it's not that I want to be shit on and ridiculed. I just don't do anything about it if it happens.
I think it happens so often that I've actually started to take negative comments as compliments.