So I am in the market for a double-breasted suit; I am 6’2” and thin, so I think it would look good

So I am in the market for a double-breasted suit; I am 6’2” and thin, so I think it would look good.
I was recommended a Hugo Boss extra-slim suit (pic related). What does Veeky Forums think?
Also I am thinking of getting a pair of monk strap shoes to go with it. Would I want to get a black pair?

Made to measure or bespoke tbqh

Looks nice. Try it on in person if possible. Hugo Boss suiting is nice but I personally find it a bit overhyped.

As for the monk straps? I have a black pair, love them to death. Oxblood might be more versatile (I'm considering getting an oxblood pair as well), but still.

If you want a good monk strap brand, Meermin makes amazing ones. Take a shit ton of time to break in, but still.

aren't these the same thing? whats price range

It doesn't look nice. Too short + tight etc.
Hugo Boss in general is eurotrash cuckery for 30 somethings thinking they can "dress to impress". lol Bateman are you baiting?

anyway, Patrick you're usually knowledgable on these topics, can you tell me why is it nigh impossible to find a decently cut suit, with high armholes, non tissue thin fabric and full canvassing without dropping at least 2k€?

I get that old masters have all died so suiting collectively became a luxury which has reflected in the prices. Yet the technology has advanced as well so why aren't we getting cheap suits in a range of cuts in fabrics?

what do you suggest then?

I wouldn't go for Boss. Most of their items are made in questionable materials and have shit construction.

Not to mention their cuts are ugly as sin.

Made-to-measure: you choose a standardized model that is then sewn to your measurements. You get to choose the fabric and some details (the amount of details you can change ranges from producer to producer).

Bespoke: a completely unique suit is sewn just for you, where the tailor takes into account all nuances of your body and creates a unique pattern from scratch.

The latter is, of course, more expensive than the former. MTM can usually be found ranging between 1500-2500€ (startiing price) while bespoke usually starts at 3000€+. You can, of course, find it cheaper but as a rule of thumb I think those ranges are pretty accurate.

>why is it nigh impossible to find

Because it takes time and a good tailor to produce a jacket with a floating canvas and high armholes (getting that balance right is tricky). If everyone would be able to offer all that you want, naturally the prices would be a lot cheaper.

>Too short + tight etc.
Eh, I'm okay with that sort of thing. Tom Ford does it too, and while it is ridiculous, I get the appeal. It looks uncomfortable as fuck in person.

>can you tell me why is it nigh impossible to find a decently cut suit, with high armholes, non tissue thin fabric and full canvassing without dropping at least 2k€?
I wish I knew this myself. Most made-to-measure places seem to recognize that there's an opportunity for decent suiting (i.e. not beskpoke but somewhere reasonably close to it), but they fuck it up so spectacularly that it's kinda embarrassing. I've heard Thick as Thieves LA is worth checking out, but I have NFD on that.

I've always secretly suspected that the reason most M2M places fuck up is because they deal with China. Fuck that country.

if not Boss, then who?

there has been a surge of MTM in the last 5 years or so.

over the internet MTM is pretty much crap. I am tempted to try one with good reviews by sending them a well fitting suit of mine I wish them to emulate, since their website offers this option. But sending shit to China and waiting to get things back seems like a risk especially since I like all my MTM suits wouldn't want to lose one.

Fuck do I know? I don't know where you live and what they have to offer there.

a major city center

surprised no one has mentioned brooks brothers

I don't know where you're from but try finding a local tailor. Sometimes you can find a guy with the right skills for what you're looking for but he isn't well know or doesn't set up shop on the most prestigious locations.
I found a local tailor 10 minutes from my location that offers a full canvas suit, decent to good fabric, a combination of hand and machine work and any cut. I have a norfolk jacket that he is making with pretty high armholes as seen on on this pic. This one cost about $900ish dollars and he charged extra because of the pleats on the jacket so in average a jacket from him is about $800ish. A suit from him would be around 1.4k or around that range.
I don't know where you live but it might be worth a shot.

Dont, Hugo is quite plebic, the model doesn't even have the jacket buttoned right. I don't know whether suitsupply has double breasted suits, but they are known for respectable quality for affordable prices.

Bump

Veeky Forums here.

double breasted suits are silly. It's a waste of money and you'll never really have cause to wear one. In a business setting it would look silly.

I'm all for bold and creative suits, but double breasted is out of style for a reason.

double breasted suits works best on wider men not skellymode anons like you

You're not Leon Degrelle OP, get a regular 3 roll 2 sack like everyone else.

Wallabees optional

U wot m8

its true though. double breasted coats have more visual space in the middle and you balance that out by having more visual space in the middle (ie being wide)

Forget about double breasted suits and get a navy Lazio suit from Suitsupply. Thank me later.

Suitsupply usually has a few double breasted models. 10/10 design and great quality relatively to price.

>Also I am thinking of getting a pair of monk strap shoes to go with it. Would I want to get a black pair?
For a grey suit like this it's either black, dark brown or dark burgundy. Depends on the level of formality you're aiming at.

What's so special about zootsuply

is suitsupply inexpensive for MTM?

SS isn't mtm I think

SS double breasted all the way, especially over OP's model