Who lives out here? Slavic russians? Mongols?

Who lives out here? Slavic russians? Mongols?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast
reuters.com/news/picture/wisconsin-man-weds-tuva-woman?articleId=USRTR2GJM0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Ukraine
youtube.com/watch?v=kaLVKzgVC9A
youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mostly crab people last I heard

Is that why this site is a Siberian Crab-Fishing forum???

Mostly turks. There is some russians near the border and in kamctha and there's some native siberians living further up north.

drunk russians
deported ukrainians
settling chinese
bears and skyrim roleplayers

Mostly Russians, actually, and other Europeans ethnics that got deported there during the Soviet era

Also many, many native different native groups. Some even have their own autonomous regions

Turkic and Central Asian tribes like the Buryats and a lot of others. Some of my favorite people, the girls are QT3.14s

Descendants of the "proto-amerindians" that never crossed the strait. Some "turks" (pic related) and mongols. Also random russian settlements, of course.

The most succesful non-russian people in the area are the turkic yakuts who more or less are chill and fine in their own big ass republic inside Russia.

Is it comfy?

Where are you from? You better be able to enjoy hellish cold.

Scandinavia, think I can handle it

You'll be fine I guess. Continental cold is a bit different though, you'll miss the sea.

Air masses in the winter sweep down from the Arctic North and it can get as cold as -50°F. There's no ocean to moderate the temperature. It is some of the most vast, desolate terrains in the world.

>frozen wasteland in the winter
>blisteringly hot in the summer
>wind blows a million miles per hour year round
>comfy

Really? I need to get my larping sword.

The Jews have a secret hideout there
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast

I think it'd be really cool to be in a cozy hut by the Arctic Ocean on a windy and rainy night, watching nature act through the window. Just for one night, though. Wouldn't wanna live there.

In the Far East? Weeaboos.

> tuvaboo

reuters.com/news/picture/wisconsin-man-weds-tuva-woman?articleId=USRTR2GJM0

> Sean Quirk (R), of U.S. from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and his bride Chaiganmaa Ondar, originally from Tuva, wearing Tuvan national costumes, toast champagne during their open-air wedding ceremony outside the city of Kyzyl, in the Tuva region on the Mongolian border, some 736 km (457 miles) south of the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, July 18, 2010. Quirk, inspired by Tuvan throat singing, moved from the United States to Russia's Tuva region seven years ago where he is currently a member of the Tuvan National Orchestra, and in 2008 was named a Merited Artist of Tuva for his work on behalf of Tuvan music and culture. REUTERS/Ilya Naymushin

Russians, "Russians" who are actually assimilated natives and actual natives, some Turkic, some Mongoloid.

There actually was a sizeable population of Ukrainian colonists there too but they also got assimilated.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Ukraine

>Russians,
>"Russians" who are actually assimilated natives and actual natives, some Turkic, some Mongoloid.

What is the difference? You mean to tell me zero "Russians" moved to Russia and made 'Russian' kids?

They did, of course, but assimilation often doesn't go beyond mentality and many Russians have Finno-Ugric or even Mongoloid facial features. I listed them as separate to avoid confusion.

What's the difference between Finno-Ugric and Mongoloid facial features?

Well, here's a picture of an Erzyan woman I grabbed off Google. I think you know how actual Mongoloids generally look already.

Who were the biggest cuckers in history and why was it the Goths?

I know basically nothing about this chunk of land. It's fucking huge yet there's barely any cities in it. The fuck is out there?

Ask on /int/, there's a couple of folks living out there, at least one in Vladivostok. They said it was nice

There used to live many Germans in Siberia because of Stalins deportations, since the 90s most of them moved to Germany. These guys are some of the last Germans that are not entirely effeminated. Thanks Iosef I guess

forests, oil pumps, Pole of Cold (−70 °C, −90 °F)
several million+ cities

siberian natives that somewhat lost their identity among waves of deported russians and other ethnicities

>secret Jewish hideout
>no jews
what did they mean by this?

Most of Siberia lies in the zone of Permafrost, which makes building of infrastructure there very costly. So population is concentrated along south border and near Pacific. Vast territories are covered by taiga and tundra where live only minerals miners, reindeer breeders and hunters.

Siberia is pretty cool
youtube.com/watch?v=kaLVKzgVC9A

That's interesting. I didn't know that such a massive chunk of russia is under permafrost year around. That really explains a lot about that region to me, assuming that map is correct of course. Basically permafrost fucks with everything, you can't grow crops or dig wells & basements and even simple construction is hard because the ground is solid as rock.

Permafrost doesn't mean that surface is covered by ice all year, but it makes surface very unstable because of freezing and thawing cycles.

Permafrost is like a glacier of soil containing water with top thawing in summer. Height of thawing layer is from 0.2-0.3 meters till 4-5 meters depending on region.

I think the Russians made it thinking they could get Jews to fuck off to there but most Jews live in the Western part of Russia (the more european oriented part) and have no desire to leave. The ones that do leave just leave Russia entirely.

It was Stalin's plan to create an autonomous region for Jews after WW2. Stalin also hated Jews so he gave them one of the shittiest bumfuck regions in all of USSR.

and that's why none of them bothered moving there.

Jewish Autonomous Oblast was created in 1934.
Stalin didn't hate the Jews, but bewared of them because he had firsthand knowledge of their talent to create underground networks.
He also helped to create Israel after WW2.

Do thy have mosquitos that can carry off small dogs?

I like humans. :3

Their flag is gay.

Proof that memes mean more than genes.

No, but they have mosquitoes so numerous they can kill you just from biting.

Does this look comfy?

yeah

yes

Also Finno-Ugric peoples in the Western Siberia.

yes, that building on the left raises questions, it is a strange place to live yet for these people it is everyday life

>Scientific evidence links indigenous Americans to Asian peoples, specifically eastern Siberian populations. Indigenous peoples of the Americas have been linked to North Asian populations by the distribution of blood types, and in genetic composition as reflected by molecular data, such as DNA.[204]

>A 2013 study in Nature reported that DNA found in the 24,000-year-old remains of a young boy from the archaeological Mal'ta-Buret' culture suggest that up to one-third of the indigenous Americans may have ancestry that can be traced back to western Eurasians, who may have "had a more north-easterly distribution 24,000 years ago than commonly thought".[205] "We estimate that 14 to 38 percent of Native American ancestry may originate through gene flow from this ancient population," the authors wrote. Professor Kelly Graf said,

>Our findings are significant at two levels. First, it shows that Upper Paleolithic Siberians came from a cosmopolitan population of early modern humans that spread out of Africa to Europe and Central and South Asia. Second, Paleoindian skeletons like Buhl Woman with phenotypic traits atypical of modern-day indigenous Americans can be explained as having a direct historical connection to Upper Paleolithic Siberia.

I heard it was ancient method of execution in Siberia. Leave man tied and naked alone in taiga and mosquitoes will do the rest of the job.

>Great Dying caused by volcanic event in modern day Siberia
>global warming risks melting the permafrost, releasing methane into the atmosphere, and causing a runaway warming
CAN SIBERIA FUCK OFF ALREADY

It's secret

That's what they want you to think

Siberia used to be stable. The animals [mammoths] that used to stomp the permafrost in the ground keeping it from releasing methane are all dead however. Don't blame lovely Siberia, it is pretty. White people and asians living in the woods with no blacks or mexicans. Im moving there.

There is only one solution.

why is south america pregnant

When a tectonic plate and a subduction zone love each other very much...

That would actually be really cool of there were a huge sea in the central Siberian region. Norse, Finnish, Byzantine, Persian, Turkic and Slavic culture and trade would have overlapped in really interesting ways

That and no continental climate, thus making the area actually inhabitable.

Topkeked, Germans and other minorities (Crimean Tatars, Chechens, Koreans, Ingrian Finns) were deported to Kazakhstan and other Central Asian -stans.

>you will never live in that comfy bit of kamchatka

Siberia is mostly Russian despite few national republics. And even inside these republics Russians sometimes is a majority.

Also, here is map of ethnic Russians distribution in Russia

forgot pic

mostly no one
indigenous siberians
nomadic turks and mongols
occasional white people
Chinese trying to escape China

Different scandi here, I've endured winters with -40C. Wouldn't be that a big difference in climate as I expect cold winters anyway. There are cities there, and I can't remember which, but some of the oil cities in Siberia bear close resemblance to European developed cities.

Are you sure you're not confusing Germans deported to Siberia with Volgadeutsche?

Top kek.
He looks goofy as hell, like the weeaboos of the mid 00s.

That's Ural region, not Siberia.

Somewhere, in some camp, are the remains of my Estonian grandmother's family. Just after ww2 they disappeared and russians were moved into their farm house.

fuck russians, fuck communists

And then they fucked off.

"When the Soviet Union fell apart and a unified Germany welcomed the diaspora, and Germans in Kyrgyzstan voted with their feet. According to census statistics, in 1989, over 100,000 Germans lived in the country; by 2009 only 9,500 remained."

Disappointing, really. They could have contributed to build Kyrgyzstan.

Don't worry, Russian Germans are even worse than normal Germans.

I've read that most of the ones clinging to Central Asia are part of some Christian group that's found basically all over America and Russia, who fled Germany before WW1 because they opposed being drafted to war.

What kinds of Germans do you mean though, why are they bad?

I mean ethnic Germans who lived in USSR but returned to Germany. Turns out getting Russia out of them is quite complicated.

Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug is in in Western Siberia, located on Western Siberian Lowland. Why do you post if you know nothing?

You are such a liar.

Vissarion and his cult.
youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

No seriously, fuck Siberia. Nothing good ever came from it.

>Norse, Finnish, Byzantine, Persian, Turkic and Slavic culture would have overlapped

They already did, it's called "Russian culture".

>no Mongolia
We'll probably have Sea People conquering most of the known world instead.

Way to copy me, cunt.

You have shit taste.

>Sea People conquering most of the known world
That's pretty much what happened anyways.

True.

>.gif = WTF

Only a couple provinces are majority non-Russian.

Myself, I don't know why they need all that fucking land. There are actually tons of cities over a million people in Asian Russia, it's just no one cares about them for some reason because they're probably just commieblocks.

> why they need all that fucking land
Nobody needed it so they take all of it. Now there are some resources here so it is useful.

>I don't know why they need all that fucking land

Yeah I wonder why.

In or out of the gulags?

A friend actually sent me the meme off of Veeky Forums

I had a dream once where I lived on some steppe or taiga in eastern Russia and met God there.

Then recently I found out Putin is giving away land in the Russian Far East for free.

Soon.

Far northern Russia looks like an alien planet from space.

Buryat

Isn't Siberia technically just a huge chunk of frozen sea to begin with?