ITT we discuss presidential primary fashion

ITT we discuss presidential primary fashion.

Trump wears almost exclusively Brioni, which kinda fits him in a variety of ways. The sizes are almost always a bit too big in every respect (some people claim this is intentional), and the ties are almost always too long. Lots of bold power colors for the tie and understated suits. He seems to avoid pinstripes, which is (in my opinion) somewhat unusual for someone who used to be chin-deep in NYC culture in the 80s. I suspect the sizing on his clothing is more of a comfort factor than anything else - he probably doesn't care that his pants are too baggy as long as he likes wearing them daily. Can't blame him there.

Sanders dresses like a slovenly college professor who buys his shit from the mall and who makes perfunctory attempts at dressing up because he's since made tenure. His colors rarely match, everything is too baggy, and everything looks somewhat cheap (though the jacket in this photo looks like it has okay fabric, despite the fit).

ITT: you discuss presidential primary fashion

Hillary dresses like 70 year old women used to dress in the 90s, and I do not mean that she's retro.

Peak Bateman

who cares about this man

(nobody except Ohio)

Oh wow I wonder what the purpose of this thread was

Ted Cruz is the only man who knows how to dress well. The pants are baggy but meant to be proportioned well with the drape of the top. The hood gives him a vibe not dissimilar to Rick Owens' runway masks. Note also how the OCBD below the poncho gives a layering effect. The boots are obviously Geobaskets.

Det Crutz men the dudes a great

say what you want about his policies, but the man, or at least his stylist, knows suits. moderate lapen width, just the right break on the sleeves, single break on the pants, and ties that match

pic related is a great example. look at how the tan lines at his tie match his suit as well as the blue stripes at his tie complements the suit's color. there's also a small hint of a brownish-red color which adds an extra flare to the outfit which complements the unusual color of the suit for a president. the tan color also really helps liven up his skin and make him look a tad younger as its of a lighter yet similar color to his skin. great example of a formal yet summer-y suit

he's sure looking pretty haggard

kek

Check his name and maybe you'll get it

repost ted cruz picture

what do you expect from 8 years

Could you imagine any of the current candidates after 8 years of presidency ? They all look terrible already.

kek bernie trump and hillary are all already older than obama
bernie might drop dead during

if you compare him when he's wearing dark suits and this suit he looks younger here

were talking about suits m8 not casual clothing

That was not stated anywhere.

desu honest I hate the wars he made but Obama had style for his age. All others are dull boring, he is there with Kennedy in style, Kennedy was obviously superior probably the most fresh president. Too bad he was killed.

>had
He's still alive.

>but the man, or at least his stylist, knows suits
i word my replies carefully m8

>He's still alive.
Not inside

>Obama had style for his age.
Thank Brooks Brothers. They've been outfitting presidents for decades and have done so phenomenally. They did okay with Bush but knocked it out of the park with Obama. Here's hoping they do similarly well with Trump, though I suspect he'll have to be pried out of his oversized Brioni sportcoats somewhat forcefully.

Why does Trump's face look photoshopped into all of those pics?

Look at this stylish man. Trump knows the power.

You get that effect a lot in certain types of photograph lighting.

I've always wondered if it's some sort of weird direct lighting trick used during events I'm not aware of - when me and buddies (both male and female) were photographed that way, the women tended to look good and their makeup was made less obvious, whereas the guys ended up looking washed out and contrasted with the background.

>choosing your political allegiance based on the way a candidate dresses
>subjectively ignoring that donald's jackets are all too small so he never buttons them and his sloppy tie length
>calling the colors newborn babies are wrapped in "power colors"
and his hair is a serious travesty

If looks was the most important factor in becoming president, Martin O'Malley would've basically have clinched the presidency months ago

It threw people off because pretty much at this point, the only appropriate formal colors for a suit (as in formal enough for a president, not too formal as like a tuxedo etc) are dark charcoal and navy blue. also Tan and black skin kinda clash, this light fabric really has fair skin in mind. Black skin tends to look best with blue.

she wins the [spoiler]color[/spoiler] primaries

/pol/ is gonna be hilarious when hilldog wins

obama a light skin nigga though so this works

fucking nice

But the think about Obama is that he isn't fat. He was chubby but looked skinny and on elections he was skinnyfat. Slimmer bodies look so pristine in well fitted suits.

Also I agree Brooks Brothers is nice, Our old hero, The Slater has a lot of pieces from that brand. Not my cup of tea personally because I'm still young, I gotta enjoy my beautiful youth with "dope fits" first. But yeah BB is solid.

>He's still alive.
>Not inside

Not at all. I mean I still think that Obama had honestly the best intentions possible for his country, or even humanity. He went into elections with the cleanest soul, or at least with an good willed ideal. After he got the job of President he realized the brutality of the job... He even aged faster supposedly because of stress. He warmonger'd more of the Middle-East and wasted a lot of tax payer money on that shit that had a shit ton of casualties. Politics are brutal, even more in DC. And let not forget about Snowden... DC were jerks...

Trump's suits look awful to me: baggy, ugly 80s-style tie... If I had to dress like Sanders forever or Trump forever, I'd pick Sanders.

Same but it's true that Sanders dresses like a college prof. What happened with Ron & Rand Paul btw?

Rand has a lot of potential to be a Veeky Forums president. The happening is inevitable it seems.

He just looks like an average politician to me

Sure but he isn't obese. He would look great in a tailored suit.

you may become president with good intentions but when you get the job, you find out what an actual absolute shitfuck the middle east is. special interests may be a part of it but i wouldn't call it warmongering when shit will clog the fan if we withdraw.

he still can't tie his tie to the correct lenght

I agree that the Middle-East is probably the area with most retards on the planet Earth, but imo (and I absolutely hate the Middle-East) the wars raised new problems such as more terrorism, ISIS and "refugees" to Europe. Bush & Obama made the problem worse by playing their part in that game. But yeah at this point is probably already too late, I just hope that shit doesn't trigger WW3 like it almost happened in Syria (& the bear: Russia).

We shouldn't talk about politics... fuck.

Anyway to elaborate on the body of Rand. It's not Obama tier, Obama had a nice body for a politican his age but Rand has a body that can look good on a suit since he is not obese, just in between skinnyfat moving towards chubby. Tailored clothes still have some magic in that kind of body.

i can smell the lavender and naphthalene from here

or somebody who had their best period of life in early 80's and didn't managed to notice that it's fucking 21st century

i do not like his tie, but his suit matches his skin colour

i think youre putting too much emphasis on american military involvment. this is something more deep-rooted. everything ISIS is doing right are things that can be directly taken from the quran and hadith. these people literally believe waging jihad and conquering infidels is right in the eyes of god. the guy blowing himself on a bus literally believes that his martyr will allow him and his family passage into paradise. doing something like deposing saddam lifts the lid on all this shit but geopolitical factors are only a part of the equation. ISIS was gonna happen sooner or later. the answer lies in reformation, and in the worst case scenario elimination, of a culture inherently abhorrent in the consideration of modern morality.

this is more than politics dude, letting these people have their way means shit is fucked. they WANT war, its part of their beliefs.

*doing right now

>Martin O'Malley would've basically have clinched the presidency months ago

I've heard Clinton is gonna give him the VP ticket

Why do blacks stink?

I think it's more a "poor people stink" than a "blacks stink" thing.
It just happens that a higher percentage of blacks are poor so chances are if you met a black person, they will be poor and therefore stink
Mexicans smell awful too

(Don't worry, I'm mostly kidding about Obama)

But yeah, I think he's going to be remembered mostly by being an idealist who hit DC politics face-first and came back bruised as fuck. Ivory tower law professors tend to be that way anyway.

Insert long-winded explanation about how ties symbolize penises or something here

Fucking lol

Hey man, the 80s were great, just saying.

I genuinely do not understand the appeal of Martin O'Malley. I haven't looked at the data in a long time, but if I recall he was pretty milquetoast in Baltimore, which is (in my opinion) DESPERATELY in need of a good leader right now.

>tan and black skin kinda clash
are you stupid?

Putin for most effay presidential leisure clothing.

dmitry medvedev better

You could argue that isis started because of American involvement in the middle east in the 90s and early 2000s. I'm not saying the middle east is the product of Americans ruining it, but our involvement there has really fucked everything up even moreso. There's really no winning there.

what type of law do you practice?

i've been thinking of getting into it

i know that i can probably place at a top 7

i want to do tax (since i'm an accounting major right now) so that I can do big law for a few in TS and place at a PE firm

do you think a dual JD/LLM is worth it from a top 7 if i want to go that route?

also, since i know you're in D.C.,

have you heard of a law firm with the initials SMXB? i found out a family member of mine is a principal of it. wondering if you worked there lol

which sector are you in?