How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads:
pastebin.com/pNuurVyP

Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face:
pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6

How to improve your skin tone through diet:
pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ

Studies on how diary and sugars create acne:
pastebin.com/0H5gag01

How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, masturbation, toxic ingredients, parabens:
pastebin.com/g08mFts8

FAQ, complete mirror:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Other urls found in this thread:

kohls.com/product/prd-2074433/earth-therapeutics-extractor-skin-care-tool.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=BATH & BODY&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=98916106&CID=shopping15&gclid=CLPdn9XcucwCFYhqfgodzxwDOQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNC9vdXcucwCFQRXfgodC_YO0A
fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
imgur.com/NdLuahW
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/
youtube.com/watch?v=46-WNPlCYsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How should I go about getting rid of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation?

Vitamin C serums are great for getting rid of PIH.

Make sure they're a low pH (around 3 is ideal) and around 20% vitamin c.

Thanks.

Anytime!

how to get rid of blackheads on my nose? I wash my face in the morning and before i go to bed but they won't go away... should i do more? link me products if you guys know any

Use these like once a week.
Wash your face with a wash meant to cleanse off oils/exfoliating properties to it. Use the pore strip, than afterwards put more warm water onto your nose to get rid of the strip's leftovers. Get a pair of tweezers and with clean hands, go through and get rid of all the leftover blackheads.

Will definitely help. Also stop touching your face, especially the T-zone all day Nig nog

How to remove UV moles

I've got this fresh pimple on my face. I used to just pop them with my hands, but the PIH would be terrible. The needle technique seems to leave a little scar as well and sometimes it doesn't even remove all the puss. Any help?

What razors do you guys use? I keep on getting shitty shave bumps with mine

just leave it, it'll go away on its own and it's only little

Don't use pore stips

open the top with a needle, squeeze it gently into a tissue

Hey guys, when I started to shave when I was younger I didn't know how to and I damaged some of my skin. There's dark spots on the side of my face and want to know the best way to get rid of it.

electric razor
then, good ol' double edge blade.

What's a good meal for breakfast if I can't drink any milk or eat any wheat bread?

why not?

Replace milk with soy milk.

Any recommendations for a daily suncream for a person with oily skin? I always get breakouts when I use normal suncream.

will the estrogen combat the testosterone causing acne

You have to learn how your hair grows and learn to deal with a subpar shave that didn't irritate your skin which is much better than a clean shave that gave you red skin and irritation.

Hygiene is much more important than anything else so use things that are sterile like foam and gel instead of brush and clean high quality razors like Mach3 and Fusion.

Apply no pressure and go down the grain only.

i use shiseido senka aging, it has great protection (50+) and doesn't make my skin oily. i bought it on ebay

for already skin conscious people, what is your diet you stick to? i have an extremely hard time sticking to a fixed meal schedule

usually don't d anything with my skin but I'm stuck in a fast food job and it's ruining it.
Anything that I can do to help with this? Any kinds of moisturisers or etc?

Thanks senpai, I'll check it out

the skin around my neck is darker than normal, was wondering how to get rid of this

Hey guys, i've had acne on my face ever since it broke out when I was 13, and i'm 19 now. I'm oily, eaten shit for the past 6 years and disrespected my body.

Any way to fix this? After joining Veeky Forums i've changed my attitude, and i've got the fit but not the face.

Thanks Veeky Forumsm

how2fix

1. Don't be a shitskin
2. Fix the underbite
2. Get accutane

almond milk
i was always told soy milk gives you man tits

who the fuck is STHLM and how do they know all of that

STHLM is on a whole nother level than your average trip.

Do you think one can greatly avoid aging by using sun cream every day whether its sunny or not?

I put on sunscreen if the sun is still up.

Good daily facewash for combination skin prone to redness?

Invest in one of these you'll never use your hands again and get bruised skin.

kohls.com/product/prd-2074433/earth-therapeutics-extractor-skin-care-tool.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=BATH & BODY&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=98916106&CID=shopping15&gclid=CLPdn9XcucwCFYhqfgodzxwDOQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNC9vdXcucwCFQRXfgodC_YO0A

Press harder when shaving and apply some cleaner like alcohol to clean the blades first.

This

Good luck popping those. Been getting them since I cut my own hair and apply aftershave, lots of aftershave to reduce all the bumps.

Thayers witch hazel toner (alochol free) you can have a red, scabby face on friday and by monday morning that shit will be minimal af. I use the cucumber cause muh vitamin e.

Oats and black coffee. Erase dairy from diet not for nutritional reasons but cause thats one of the main causes of acne.

Used to work at a deli, wash your face and moisturize befor you leave for work and literally as soon as you get home.

Youre fine. Use cetaphil facial cleanser and step3 clean and clear moisturizer.

Cetaphil cause its clear, thin and alcohol free.

Thayers helped clear up the red flaky skin around my nose

leave it

If a particular Vitamin C serum is too strong for your skin, are you able to dilute it or will that fuck up the pH?

I was born with NF1 (Google it) and I have some birthmarks, or cafe au lait spots scatteted around my body, (One on the back of my left hand, one on my left fore arm, one on my inner left fore arm, one on my right fore arm, one on my inner right bicep, one on my inner right fore arm, two on my chest, some on my back, and one on my upper right thigh). What should I do to cover these up? Do you guys think that I could go to a dermatologist and get them removed? What would you do? I can post pics if you guys want. (Im a dude btw).

the pH is dependent on the concentration of what is causing that specific pH.

an acid:water solution will get a higher pH if it is diluted, since the amount of acid per water is decreased.

you won't "wreck" the solution though, it will still be acidic and on the good side of the pH scale for the skin.

>Oh that doesn't sound so bad
>May as well google it
>user probably has some off pigmentation or maybe some redn-

Jesus fucking christ user. Go to a derm and have them shave your entire body off of the earth.

Abandon all hope.

how/when do u use it in your routine?

Ah. Yeah, when girls who have NF1 get preggers, they get those. Here's a pic of my right fore arm, this is probably one of the darker ones.

So it's just a flat patch of darker skin? Leave it, user. It's not a problem.

I actually have a few pigmentation issues myself here and there. Except by me they're albino white on my somewhat darker skin. Girls actually seem to think it's kind of cute.

There are worse things. Like being from south of the equator.

If I bought bulldog for all my creams would that be acceptable

Haha, thanks, dude. And I guess I got lucky, some people get worse than the pic posted, and get like, disfigured heads n shit. Or even worse, I could have been from [spoiler] Brazil [/spoiler]

I use it once when I wake up and again after I finish showering/shaving.

A wild café au lait macule appears!

Dermatologist used GREEN PULSED LASER.

It's super-effective!

Multiple treatments will be required for them to clear completely, though. But it does work. They may re-appear though. You sometimes do spot-testing before doing them all.

Know that you'll might develop new ones during your lifetime, and that your existing spots may grow and change further.

Even though it's not up for us to decide, I don't really think you need to do it, though. It's not like they seem super-intrusive.

If you would feel like covering them up though, here's what you can try:

- Skin-lightening tattoos, that will simply paint the area to look more like the rest of the skin. Ordinary tattoos will of course work as well.

- Targeted sun exposure, in the sense that you tan your body to a limited extent - but cover the macules up with +50 SPF. The overall skin hue difference would most likely diminish. [Just off the top of my head, though. Experimental. I would rather rather recc tattoos/makeup.] Keep in mind that sun exposure generally does make café au lait macules darker. It would probably be in your best interest to always use sunscreen on them (and the rest of your skin) if you're expecting heavy sun exposure.

- Regular makeup, specifically spot concealers. Any makeup artist will be able to find the exact color that fits different parts of your skin. No, no one will be able to tell that you're wearing it if you're applying it correctly.

Thank you for posting your macule in hi-res. Very interesting. Fukken saved.

'Black heads' on your nose, are sebaceous filaments, which everyone has, some more noticeable than others. If you use pore strips they'd just come back the next day, which would be fine if you want to use them everyday but at the expense of your skin, it's not worth it, using pore strips stretch your pores more and make them look bigger.

I would use a BHA as an exfoliator, and then a clay mask which you should only really do once a week.

There's more info about it here
fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

imgur.com/NdLuahW

I'm 19 and have been told I already look 30, what I gotta do to stop this? just taking 5 years off of it will be nice

Does exercise and weight loss help help?

why does my nose get so much acne when there's barely any on the rest of my face?

My forehead right now idk how to remove the acne I'm taking medication for it but it doesn't get rid of it. I'm pretty sure it's acne scars

Someone please write a guide on pH levels for the sticky or link some other guide.

How often do you use sunscreen?

I'd recommend the ff.:
- Vitamin C serum
- Niacinamide
- Snail extract
- Galactomyces

Yes it does. Do you smoke? How is your sleep?

Diet really makes a small difference user. I'd say 95% of having good skin is sticking to a routine whose products work for you and resting.

Use a cleanser when you get home.

Apply your regular routine to it or make some DIY masks from green tea.

Follow the sticky routine.

What do you use for your hair?

CeraVe is cheap and has a good pH level of 5-ish which is ideal.

Make sure your skin is in a suitable pH level before using that. People generally recommend a pH balancing toner for that reason.

Tfw drink milk and eat cereal everyday. Maybe having some toast (Wheat Bread typically).
Tfw sleep pattern is worst thing, and am super tired.

Didn't realize I was fucking myself over this much. I always wondered why I suffer from Acne, when it's my retarded diet and sleeping that's actually screwing me over.
At least I can start working on it now, fucking hell.

Is there a best way to preserve tea tree oil mixtures?

I feel like constantly combining a new batch of TTO and Olive Oil every time I need to use it for pimples is really wasteful.

And as a secondary question: will a mixture of Tea Tree Oil and a carrier oil gradually lose potency if it's preserved?

I really love these skin threads so pls dont let this die, im still learning pls help

>How often do I need to change my razor blades on my gilette fusion? I feel like my blades are always too dull and I get razor burn.

>Also what's good technique for no burn? I feel like I'm doing something wrong

>Pic related is my new cleanser, how'd I do? I also use it to shave the one part of my face that grows facial hair (asian genetics lol) in the shower is that bad?.

>If I don't get acne do I need to exfoliate, if so recommended products?

>Do you need to exfoliate your body like arms and chest?

Thank you based /skin/

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'd appreciate any answers

So I have a red birthmark caused by blood vessels on my neck which I'm finally getting treated by pulse dye laser. This unfortunately leaves big bruising for 1-2 weeks.

I usually use Dermablend to cover it, but dermablend is shit in that it's usually wither way too orange, or too red. I am veeery pale, and I used the palest product they have which is still too dark/red/orange. I can mix it with white makeup but it diluted the hold of the product and collects in folds of my neck.

Are there any other products which COMPLETELY cover marks/bruising and are for very pale people and aren't too orange/red?

can you use creams like dr scholl's freeze stuff on moles to remove them? I know they're made for warts but I want to try before dishing out hundreds of $$ for a dermatologist. I have a small one that sticks out a bit.

bullshit

bullshit #2

-get a new razor, see grooming sticky
-look for a double blade tutorial on yt

How do I get the skin under my eyes un-dark again? They have been like that for years tho.

Get more and most importantly better sleep, user.

Reduce stress factors in your life, don't touch your face when you can avoid it and use a thick skin creme at night before sleeping.

>Soy contains isoflavones, also known as phytoestrogens or "plant estrogens." However, isoflavones are different from the hormone estrogen. Reality: Soy does not contain the hormone estrogen. It does contain isoflavones, which are naturally occurring plant compounds.

no

If I have slight sun damage is there anything I can do? I use sunscreen now of course but do I have to just deal with it?

>As weak estrogen agonists/antagonists with molecular and cellular properties similar to synthetic endocrine disruptors such as Bisphenol A (BPA), the phytoestrogens provide a useful model to comprehensively investigate the biological impact of endocrine disruptors in general

>As with many other compounds, like alcohol or caffeine, there are many pros and cons associated with moderate soy intake. Consumers should be aware that soy contains endocrine disrupting compounds and make dietary choices accordingly.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/

what kind of sun damage? recent burn, or old dark spots?

the fuck? youre 19, wait a few more years faggot

you got me

respect

Nah it's got a bit of uneven pigmentation and it's not that smooth, like not bumpy as in from acne, just from sun I guess. I've always had red cheeks since I was a kid but I've got some freckles and stuff now. Ah well think the only thing I can do now is prevent further damage.

not re. the pigmentation but...

have you heard of rosacea?

Yeah I assumed I have a mild case of it, I've tried a few creams in the past from the chemist but they didn't really do anything. I haven't done much research on the net so I'm not too sure if there is anything readily available for me.

Funny thing is the sun would make my rosacea worse but the tan would make it less noticeable. I've realised that tanning is dumb but it's such a huge thing in Australia, you have to be tanned but fake tan is weird for guys so it's the sun. Any recommendations or advice user?

They are not quantifying effects. Its known that isoflavones have no effect on serum estrogen simply because their acctivity and affinity to estrogen receptors is extremely low compared to real estrogen.

melanotan

rosy cheeks are based
love yourself

I have bad skin easily visible pores and on my nose a ton of blackheads

Diet is keto so drinks are usually water or zero calorie soda's (although I keep that at minimim)

I sometimes apply concealer if I get too self conscious

How bad would my freckles get on melanomas though?

Melanotan lol

Blackheads are not actually dirt that's gotten into your pores. What they mostly are is sebum and oil that your pores produce, which take on a dark appearance over time if the pore/follicle is unable to fully excrete the oils.

Generally, using nose strips is frowned on nowadays, because people tend to over-use them, and because it strips the skin and pulls out hairs, which makes the area more prone to infection/pimples.

The most effective blackhead treatment I've seen is using BHAs (like salicylic acid) - some people get results using BHAs as toners, but the best application is as a chemical exfoliant.

This just means that whichever BHA is in the product needs to be at 1.5-2% (going higher might lead to exfoliation, and generally is not advised without experience with lower concentrations), at a

Whoops, forgot usage:

Apply on face after washing, and wait ~15% before putting other products on your face.

If you use vitamin c serums or AHAs, the key is to go from lowest to highest pH, so:

vit c > 15min> BHA> 15min> AHA

Some people choose not to wait between some of these and apply them together and THEN wait. This seem to be an OK thing to do, as long as the products have the same pH, so that the activity of the product is not disrupted.

How do I get rid of scars

youtube.com/watch?v=46-WNPlCYsg

What do you mean "too strong"?
The concentration is too high and irritates your skin? Then you should purchase a lower concentration of vitamin c

The problem with diluting the product would be

1. You will be changing the pH level of the serum. The pH isn't important because of your skin necessarily, it's important because at high pH the vitamin c will just not work.

2. Without doing a proper stoichiometric equation, you won't actually know what concentration you have diluted the serum to. Vitamin C is a weak acid, which means it exists in an equilibrium, in which there is a constant backwards and forwards reaction going on in the solution depending on the H+ and OH- ions present. Water (even distilled) is not completely unreactive, and will produce ions in solution. Honestly, it WILL be minor, but as I said, you still won't know the true concentration.

3. You're also diluting preservatives/stabilizers in the formula, which will affect the longevity and sanitation of the serum. So you can't just add more water, you need to add the other things too to keep the thing stable. I mean, it doesn't REALLY matter for things like lotions, but Vitamin C is really finicky and reactive so for that it is important.

Basically, unless you're into DIY and know how to formulate a vitamin c serum, I say don't do it. You'll ruin the serum (waste of money) and maybe mess with your skin too.

For some people, it takes time to get used to vit c serums. So if it's too much, either use it less frequently until you can increase frequency safely, or just get a lower concentration serum. Honestly, some people even start at like 10-15%.

What kind of scar?
Surgical? Acne? Stretch marks? Light scratches? Huge pits?

I picked at pimples through my teens, they're acne scars but look like when you pick at scabs

Retnoids would quite effectively help with that. There are drugstore beauty products with retnoids, but the only way you would get a high enough concentration to actually have a real impact is via prescription.

If you don't want to go to a dermatologist irl, I have been hearing A LOT of good things about Curology. It's a $20/month subscription to an online dermatological (they do have real professionals working for them) service that give you access to advice/consultations, and also includes a monthly custom-formulated prescription skin treatment. If you're interested, just look them up and browse people's feedback on them - it's very much a legit company.

Trust me, you don't need breakfast.

if i use shea butter/cocoa butter will that clear my skin and atleast get rid of the black/white heads and minor acne scars?

Do acne scars go away over time? I just started getting acne @ 18 and still have 2 big scars from 2 pimples I got last September. They used to be bright red and the color is starting to fade, but they're still there and quite visible

Use Vitamin C Serum user

Anybody else have difficulty applying the Aquanil facial cleanser?

It doesn't feel like it has enough viscosity to stay on my face during showers or provide a thorough clean. Am I just doing something wrong?

I never use sunscreen its been winter and not alot of sunny days out there so I never thought about using it but i might do that now.

The problem with shea butter and cocoa butter is that it's high in oleic acid, which is great for aging skin, but could be a disaster for pimple/acne-prone skin.

I'm not fully on the up-and-up on the mechanisms by which oleic acid causes acne, but basically if you throw off the balance between oleic and linoleic acid in your sebum, it turns hard and clogs your pores.

So, if you're getting whiteheads and tough blackheads, you're better off looking for oils that contain high linoleic acid %, because the excessive oleic acid already produced by your pores is leading to clogs.

Oils high in linoleic acid are:

grapeseed oil
safflower oil
rosehip oil
sunflower oil

Why would you be using a facial cleanser like that? Just use it normally - rub on face, wash off

It doesn't stay on your face. You're not getting any additional "cleaning" power out of it; it's not as though you're disinfecting a kitchen countertop.

No, that's what I'm saying: I try to apply it but it doesn't give me the safe feeling I get from other facial cleansers.

I'm not keeping it on my face or anything -- it's just too difficult to rub in.

I still don't really understand what you mean, mang, sorry. Safe feeling?

It looks like it's a non-foaming cleanser to me, so I'm not sure what you would expect from it? Just apply it on, massage it around for like 30sec, then rinse off. Your skin isn't supposed to feel squeaky or anything - that's actually a bad sign that you're stripping too much oil from your face.

nose acne is usually caused by excessive oil production