Why is every faggot whos into workwear a manlet?

Why is every faggot whos into workwear a manlet?

Compensation

is that true? non-japanese workwear usually sizes up pretty heavy. I normally wear M or L and even XS carhartt is too big on me

/thread

that's because normal people wear workwear doing blue collar work.

fuck are people actually this stupid?

i know you've made this thread before, same picture and all
you must be pretty proud of yourself

this dude looks like he has very minimal dwarfism or something what the fuck

I know that, but then how the hell do manlets work it out?

they buy shit designer brands instead of decently made clothing or order special.

I would not be surprised to learn that the way we experience time - passing in a linear fashion at a certain speed - results in a general susceptibility to much of our behavior being influenced by symbolism and / or narratives.

This (the workwear thing) is just one example of a dynamic that, to me. appears ubiquitous.

Here are some assumptions one might make after reading books written by Joseph Campbell and Ernest Becker:

>In more primitive societies, males of a certain age were subject to ceremonies and rites of passage that signified they were no longer children and had become men
>Humans no longer live in small tribes
>Though there exists an implied differentiation between boyhood and manhood, there is no longer an established criteria for when a boy becomes a man
>There still exists a psychological need to be seen as a man
>identity crisis

I think this is why the whole fedoralord thing is so appalling.

Whether it's the trilby, carton of lucky strikes, or weird fucking philosophical opinions he's spouting*, it's a not-so-subtle attempt to be a man via MATERIALISM. Rather than having real convictions and achievements, he buys OBJECTS that are supposed to convey his identity. It's a poor manipulation of symbolism.

*He = the most stereotypical hypothetical neckbeard you can envision

Refer to

>tfw manlet
>tfw i love workwear

Manlet spotted

My dear sir,

If we are to escape the clutches of culturally conditioned zombification, it shall be necessary to expand upon concepts which (as shown by a thread like this even having been made) are not immediately apparent to everyone!

What I mean to say is that the very emergence of OP's question suggests that a one word summarization is not sufficient to enlighten those among us less privy to the implications such an answer contains!

t. Joseph Campbell

Because everything else looks high school, faggot or boy tier.

Nice duplicate thread.

This dude looks like a doll wtf

for some reason i blame interstellar for propelling carhartt/pointer chores jackets onto the general population, which then creeped into raws and Red Wings

Definitely not, workwear/"lumbersexual" cores were around way before

Shit, I haven't seen this and I was going to get one of those jackets.

Guess I better not.

Interstellar was so terrible. And people praised it so much. I think it might actually be the last time I went back to a normal theater. The last time I was so offended at such a obnoxiously bad movie was American Hustle. Both actually ruined my entire day.

Just buy the damn thing, it's just a nice jacket.

I agree, that cheating bitch in american hustle ruined my day

I have not seen this IRL, workwear cunts I've seen are usually big as cos it compliments them

Damn, those proportions are so weird

>propelling
>general population
key words friendo

1. they're more likely to work out, as it suits the aesthetic and they're typically older than anyone on Veeky Forums so the whole heroin-chic-jegging-instagram-streetwear thing wouldn't fly for them anymore.
2. looser, roomier cuts are more common
these combined create bulky, heavy proportions, but hardly any of them are actually short.

lanklets cant cuff their jeans

I'm not very skinny (meaning I'm fat), and I'm king of manlets at 6'0, so I like some aspects of workwear. It suits my fat frame better than most other styles.

Cool blogpost, senpai

No shit. Workwear was pops with the general population before Intersteller released. You're a moron who knows shit about fuckall.

it hearkens back to the mid-1900's Century Industrial Revolution when the average height of men was less than 5'8

is this H3H3?

i have a pointer brand chore coat and i hate it. the collar is way too big and floppy and it curls.

youre fucking retarded when the subject was chorecoats

never said anything about workwear, just the coat manlet :^)

if this is OC then you might be on to something

I'm 6'1 skinnyfag and into workwear aesthetic, but I can't BUY any of it. None of the beautiful Japanese stuff or the vintage stuff the crops up is my size, it's all made for the manlets. Makes me sad.

not samefag but just thought id point out that the carhartt jacket in the pic u posted is not even a chore coat.

wtf is up with his Bob the builder action figure looking ass

but lucky strikes are delicious

Tell me about all the foreign arthouse films you think are superior.

I own that jacket in brown, and there's no way that guy actually goes around with his fully buttoned up. It's cut like a box, so it needs to be oversized if you want any freedom of movement. It would feel like a straightjacket.
Coincidentally, he would look a lot better without the jacket.