What does a good FB/IG/etc. profile picture look like?

What does a good FB/IG/etc. profile picture look like?

Better yet, what are some things you should avoid?

Obligatory bump

>having facebook

Why even be on a fashion board if you're a complete outcast? There's pretty much no way to have a good social life or productive business life without social media.

I don't think anyone uses Facebook anymore my man

lmao

Normalfag
Good
>smiling photo with friends
Bad
>prom photos
>resume headshot
>mirror selfie

Cool kid
Good
>photobooth selfie
>good fit in ambiguous aesthetic location
>unplanned or ironically staged
>iphone or film
>vector graphic
Better
>bad fit photobooth selfie
>bad fit in non aesthetic location
>iphone or mb only
>only ambiguous facial details
Bad
>loud one-tim fit ("lqqks")
>psuedo-queer fit
>blowing the spot
>sincerely staged shot
>anything DSLR
>photo from tumblr
>memes
>your art (lol)

I don't know where you live but pretty much everyone over the age of 20 uses it where I live, even if it's not their main social media. Still the best way or organizing / announcing events.

>still the best way or organizing / announcing events
this. fb events are stupidly useful for figuring out what's up. I kind of wish people would move over to something more lowkey, like USENET style mailing lists, but it's way too useful for when you're new in a place and don't know the spots.

>still using kikebook and whoregram
Kek

>iphone or mb
What is mb. And who the fuck can tell if your shitty mobile phone shot was an iphone or not.

being a narcissist and being obsessed with other people's lives and needing constant affirmation from other people in the form of internet points is not at all the same thing as being an outcast.
if using facebook is fundamental to your idea of a good social life then you're a fucking loser tbqh famalamborghini

any picture taken on a film camera gets your extra effay points

This is objectively wrong. Do you know how many losers are on Facebook compared to actually cool people? Having a presence on social media doesnt make you a sociable person.

messenger is great, more convenient than texting
also groups

You know that most people outside highschool just have a simple profile with limited output on their wall and don't really check their feed, right?

>>unplanned or ironically staged
how about a photo my dad took of me playing badminton covering my eyes from the sun trying to see the shuttlecock while it falls right in front of me?

works the same for me
what's the point in having it then? most people around here use facebook literally every day, even the more "conservative" users who dont post much

most athletic pictures are normie tier beside skateboarding but yours doesn't sound too bad

the picture is the very antithesis of athleticism

loll no where close to the birdie. your hair looks nice though

that's where the humor of the photo lies
and thanks, wish I could still style it like that with ease

>what's the point in having it then
A few reasons. As suggested itt, FB events are very useful and the primary resource for things happening, at least in any major American city. It's the easiest way to know about gallery opens, certain venue's shows, etc. and you can see what friends are going and who else will be there.

It's useful in a linkedin sort of way too. You can look acquaintances up and "connect" with them, or see people you've seen around but not really talked with much recommended, ie "missed connections".

It's also pretty functional for basic self-branding if used right. i.e. liking a selection of institutions, movies, music, books so people can get a quick gauge of your taste, interests and scene. Most normals aren't very good at that though and just like a ton of crap. VK is a lot better in this aspect.

It's also nice to have a small selection of photographs that define your style and look as long as you aren't too constrictive about it or prey to meme aesthetics.

I have my feed set to a few magazine's pages, like artforum for example, you can set them to appear first in your feed, so I just check that sometimes and maybe listen to music my friends have shared and pass out gratuity likes for new profiles etc.

If you're a loser with loser friends, your facebook is going to be lame. I can't help with you that.

Oh, and yeah, fb messenger is useful. The best thing about facebook is that your friends list is of acquaintances, not just friends.

You can add someone and be connected with them socially without actually engaging them in frequent conversation or interaction. You seem them in your feed and they see you even if you don't comment or even like each other's stuff, like seeing them frequent the same places as you. Yet you still have their contact info if you need to get in touch with them

I don't like small talk in texting so I'm grateful, I can stay friendly with people without having to continuously message them in drawn out text conversations.

Old hs friends, family, etc. make the classic example, you're still "in touch" without having to make the effort to do awkward conversation every few months.

I have an account on vk, which is russian facebook, to keep in touch with some people I know and it IS a much better system. I really wish we used it here. It has slightly different design goals than facebook that makes everything a lot better. People's page's are more like a myspace page or something, without any of the atrocious css. They feel personal and discreet, not all interconnected like facebook.

And there's a streaming music app built right in that's really great, anyone can upload anything so you can look up songs like youtube, and easily add songs to your personal public playlists. So when you go on someone's page, you can just click to listen to their playlist. There are also a lot of great art/interest pages.

The teens you see on vk, even the normalfags, are all way cooler and more comfortable with their taste, with individually developed tastes, than most kids in America. I really think it might be vk's influence. Facebook minimizes media and personal taste and kind of encourages social circlejerking over anything, but vk puts art, music, etc in front.

>this is what millennials actually believe

That's hilarious haha, do it

>not having a Facebook so you can like and share effay events and music concerts you're going to so your pleb friends can know how partician you are.

Because it's true. If you put in your resume anywhere one of the ways they'll audit you is your social media. Not having one is a redflag. In general, socially, not having one is a redflag.

Is it really necessary to put fucking social media on your resume?

I dig it, my dude.

why are you on this board gramps

many companies check their employers social media to see if they wouldn't give them a bad name

employees' I mean