>not wanting sick ass drapes

devil daggers
any form of quake played competitively
wc3 and brood war

cool layering but just the overall environment is so not effay

fuck you talking about dark souls has god tier gothic architecture

k i l l
y o u r s e l f

This, nothing medieval can be effay, that style had been way too overdone and ruined by Neckbeards

Also nothing from the past like that (before 1900s) can be effay, only futuristic stuff is better

That being said deus ex is pretty effay

D E S C E N T
E
S
C
E
N
T

(and Descent 2)

illusion of time on the SNES

dark souls IS effay.

its a kind of indescribable vibe you get from it, the subtle japanese influence and dialogue is understated, and its difficult and still somewhat niche, which definitely makes it more effay.

Templar knight sergeant says otherwise.

Super Metroid

None.

Fuck off back to your dark room man baby

DEUS EX
E
U
S

E
X

This.
It's like these plebs don't know what wabi-sabi is.

visible logo/branding is not Veeky Forums

If anything it would be something social like Dota or Street Fighter, not some meme indie game

how can one person be so wrong

DotA is Veeky Forums
Dota 2 is not Veeky Forums
Most incarnations of SF are Veeky Forums

You poor thing

Anyone who doesn't say Style Savvy is literally wrong

Metal Gear Solid 3. Not necessarily for what they wear, but just the style.
Ocelot is very Veeky Forums however.

this playstation 2 definitely most Veeky Forums console

EVE online is effay but in a sort of abstract sense.

are we done here?

o shit

Great taste.

now we're done

Fucking plebs itt. Being either basic or a tryhard is never Veeky Forums

Demon's Souls
Armored Core
Clock Tower or Echo Night series
Shin Megami Tensei series
Xenogears
Tactics Ogre
Vagrant Story
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon 64
Dragon Quest series
Killer7
LoL: Lack of Love
iS: Internal Section or Rez
UFO: Enemy Unknown

And for alt kiddies: Yume Nikki & LSD Dream Simulator if you're a tumblr-tween. && and Eastern Mind if you're 16+

Wrong matsuno, pleb

Any Suda51 game really. Loved the costumes in Shadows of the Damned, and Killer is Dead. Deus Ex if you like cyberpunk.

How has nobody said GTA?

A game that takes place in an ironic pastiche of Los Angeles/NYC/Miami and literally lets you put together fits seems pretty Veeky Forums to me.

The one you posted

Is Sami Veeky Forums?

Animal Crossing

>arena shooters and oldschool RTS games are effay
>implying they aren't for turbonerds

where can I get sorcerercore clothing?

Julius
Rick Owens

good luck affording it on a page budget though!

advance wars is pretty fa

similar vein pokemon trainer design

What happened to their noses?

noses are not Veeky Forums

Man baby losers the pair of you

/effay/ is not about it being traditional or overdone, your effay shit is a philosophy which aims for modern, cold trash futuristic designs and nothing more

it's rootless shit which has its aim only in the future but is anchored nowhere, so it always get out of fashion and need constant stream of novetly.

it's basically trash. there was never a need to go out of tradition.

Triggered neckbeard faggots confirm that "Durrk Slows" piece of shit is not Veeky Forums and never will be.
Literally anything with "muh challenge" and "hurrcore" is fedora-tier and should be avoided.
Thing to be avoided also: multiplayer shit. It's dumb and requres a lot of time to waste on which is autistic as fuck. That is why every "pro" gamer is an acne bearing faggot. Def not Veeky Forums

Things to stick with: good slow paced narrative games with good plots and decent visual style/soundtrack. Adventures, horrors, telltale stuff, platformers, point-and-click detectives — everything that has "designer touch", some interesting vision and artistic approach.

Firewatch, Layers of Fear, Fez, Broken Age, Wolf Among Us, Brothers, Kentucky Route Zero, Alien Isolation, Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments,Valiant Hearts — this is some decent stuff that comes to mind.

gta 5

who Veeky Forums crew here

how does it feel talking out of your ass? souls series has a strong artistic direction and is auteur-like

narrative games like the wolf among us, firewatch, and broken age tell crappy stories which the medium isn't fit for doing instead of actually achieving great design and people shill because muh videogames as art when they don't realize that what defines games as a medium and as a result an artform is mechanics like how cinematography defines movies or word structure and choice defines poetry

to get to your examples, alien: isolation isn't played for story but for atmosphere. so is layers of fear. fez is played for mechanics

stop bringing your obvious narrative bias to games. mechanical brilliance in design that comes close or even surpasses traditional games like chess or go is the epitome of effay due to skill required. your just mad people don't play your shitty indie games

Deus Ex HR is one of my favorites across the board.

Hotline Miami, if only in capturing a certain aesthetic.

Final Fantasy has some great design that's weird, but kinda works in its own context. Particularly 8/9/10. Dumb but... that's what those games kinda are.

>Xenogears
I like to think actually completing that game should get you an award for patience and tolerance of weird religious rambling. Fun game, but god does it go on a fucking weird tangent.

No, *now* we're done.

Dark Souls does have "designer touch". Fromsoft are kings of art design, one of the most distinctive and biggest appeals of the Kings Field/Shadow Tower/Souls series has always been its atmosphere

And the atmosphere they engage with is certainly in style: neo-gothic. The clothing evokes Yohji Yamamoto, the soundscape contemporary noise/techno (Sentinel, Lotic / Ancient Methods, Northern Electronics), the atmosphere and themes contemporary black/gnostic critical theory (Thacker, Masciandaro)

There's a reason it's one of the few next-gen videogames to be repped by those who know in the current scene, ie NON's crew. Taro Yoko's shit is also effay as fuck

>Firewatch, Layers of Fear, Fez, Broken Age, Wolf Among Us, Brothers, Kentucky Route Zero, Alien Isolation, Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments,Valiant Hearts
These are hollow fad titles for the fuckboys of videogames. Your basic taste isn't effay f.a.m.

Why are people grouping Alien Isolation in with telltale point & click games and walking simulators?

Why is it not Veeky Forums? What makes something Veeky Forums anyways?

The best way to be Veeky Forums, in my optic, is to be confident in what you love and stand for.

That user did it, tb/h it doesn't fit in at all.

It's not a very good game though, the AI is shit but the art direction, even though its just a direct repro of the movie, on point. Even still, if you were effay, you'd prop up captain blood over it:
youtube.com/watch?v=zCpvpYKn8Vk
Old avant-garde gem with a much more radical conception of alien futurism

or at the very least Dark Seed
youtube.com/watch?v=Kgn-fhsvrmA
though also flawed, it goes a lot harder than Alien Isolation and its inspirations are a lot more informed: HR Giger himself, not just the Alien movie

Garage probably easily takes the cake for that direction of scifi horror, but it's pretty damn obscure even for those who know their shit. Having good, well developed taste is effay but if you go too far deep, no one will be able to follow
youtube.com/watch?v=d0lyUaaSM5E

>any fit is fashionable if you're confident :^)

Let me rephrase

Anything can become Veeky Forums, with the right kind of confidence

An example is The Dude from The Big Lebowski. A dirty old man, yet he's been recognised as Veeky Forums several times here.

That doesn't change anything. The jersey shore crew are confident and still an eyesore.

The Dude has a refined style deeply tied to his personal mode of living. Style is personal, good style is a question of sensitivity

What's "fashionable" is another question tied to context of the overall movements of fashion. Certain tastes and looks might come in and out of fashion, i.e. wide -> skinny -> wide pants, but these are only partially relevant to an individual's actually stylishness, you can rock something out of fashion if you make it work - not with confidence, but with good style. Choosing engage with current fads can elevate your style to another level by adding another layer of social complexity to the fit's general reception, but it's not necessary.

What trendhoppers do when they try to just match whatever's in style now is fake good style. Rather than tie it to a genuine sense of fashion, they reflect currently cool things to let the overriding signal value hide the lack of personal style in the fit. It's a lot more work t.b.h.

>couldn't get past the bell gargoyles
git gud m8

S U P E R H O T
U
P
E
R

H
O
T

It does change everything however. In my example, The Dude wears his own reflection of lifestyle and personality. A sense of self-expression. If he wasn't for the dude he was, then he'd probably look much worse in most peoples eyes (of course it should be done with a sense of sensitivity and taste).

That being said, I do agree with the rest of your post in general. I do not think trendhoppers are necessary wearing fake good style though, I prefer to view it as a reflection of society and its values over the reflection of their own individualistic ideals.

Probably fotonica.
Mobile games aren't usually effay but this one could be

Best game ever

>It does change everything however
Sure, but only tweens dressed by the internet don't have confidence with clothes anyway. It's such a basic prerequisite that it's not even worth mentioning. It's like saying all high heels will look bad if you don't know how to walk in them - it doesn't mean that all heels are effay if you do.

Except I suppose you should pay attention to your confidence in a piece you're trying on, if you don't feel immediately confident wearing it, that means it's probably not for you. You'll always look bad trying to be something you're not.

It's kind of cliche story but the thing about Rei not putting mirrors in the CDG flagship because the clothes should be about how they make you feel, not how they make you look - yeah.

>I prefer to view it as a reflection of society and its values over the reflection of their own individualistic ideals.
That's a good point. I don't think they're any worse for what they do, they just approach fashion more socially and towards a different end. I don't like the concept of personal self-expression, I think it's a myth and produces bad art in general, but how you wear things is something you engage with artistically, I think the transition between wearing to modifying to making pieces is very smooth, a question of degree more than anything.

>Freckle
good taste

>Durrk Suls faggots can't stop triggering
Just relax, I'm not taking away your shitty neckbeard grind-sim, play it to your death.
What's "artistic" in it? "Dark" "sick" fantasy with fucking dragons, skeletons and mutants, wow so artistic. Artisic in means of every shitty teen off the deviantart fucking around with photoshop brushes. Yeah, literal "kings" of "art" and "design". It's art direction is "sick" and "cool" just like leather trenchcoats and fingerless gloves, feel me m8?

2/10

>if you don't feel immediately confident wearing it, that means it's probably not for you
I completely agree. Recently, I've been changing my style to a more -- I suppose the best word is colorful - way, and the most important aspect for me in this change was comfort. If I couldn't feel comfortable in my style, then what was the point of it? I'd look terrible.

>I don't like the concept of personal self-expression
Why do you think it produces bad art? I definitely agree with you, that it should not dictate all forms of artistic expression. Art does not need to be a form of self-expression (fashion to me, is that however).

This is a great discussion by the way, let's keep it going.

ABSOLUTELY BASED. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS DESCENT

This is fucking wrong.

Why?

shitty b8 m8

the word artistic often refers to design and for games you refer most importantly to it's game design

ITT: Fucking nerds fighting eachother

S4 League started out as a promising game combining a anime styled shooting game with a sporty,dynamic gameplay and futuristic fashion. Then it turned into literal cancer

IMO Forza and Gran Turismo are effay.

>shits on Dark Souls but likes Wolf Among Us

lol what in the actual fuck
this has to be bait.

ITT: What's your favourite video game?

that being said holy fuck that looks effay

Almost all of the non-Persona SMT games follow that art direction. Fuck I miss my PS2.

the only Veeky Forums video game experience you can have is bringing a cute girl to the arcade in your throwback 90's fit or being strung out in a gritty bar and playing the dinky game machine they have in the corner

Lmao

>non-Persona SMT games
Persona isn't SMT ya hamburger

Any Shin Megami Tensei game

Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery was pretty neat

>Why do you think it produces bad art?
Because it's a misguided, regressive and common/vulgar understanding of experience and expression. To me, it's wrong on nearly every level and in conflict with any recent (post-70s) critical, biological or metaphysical theory.

For starters, we aren't even discreet as individuals. This is developed in everything from the very recent OOT/ANT to 90s Margulis' biology to 80s Haraway's cyborg.

Bourdie's Distinction makes as good an argument as any for the nature of consumption as non-subjective, in the way people tend to understand it, especially here on Veeky Forums, like when they say ">implying taste isn't subjective". What do they mean when they say that? That we have some inherently pure, uniquely individual set of tastes completely isolated from any outside influence? And it just so happens to always be the same entry-level/"starter pack" as the peers in your in-group? It's clearly nonsense. Our 'tastes' are very socially defined and are always practiced in dialogue.

I have a pet theory that it's just rooted in a conception of the soul that people are wont to cling to. What other justification is there for a discreet, pure individuality?

I've noticed a lot of modern western culture maintains its roots in puritan and catholic dogmas despite how much they deny it. For example, and relevant: in theory, we /understand/ that geneticists have very well established personality, taste, even our sense of humor are far more tied to our genetic heritage than our cultural upbringing. But in practice, we refuse to /accept/ it or even bother disseminating the old news to the public.

No way. I like to pull out CAVE shooters, you know, bullet hell, whenever I get coked out at my place. The shot patterns bleed into your eyes, you still see them when you blink hours later. I like to think it's pretty effay. The dondonpachi series' style is pretty military-cyb too, which is my general look.

Shit taste. Both the art and game design are terrible. The only avenue for appreciating it is in its successful target marketing, as a commercial title packaged for the 'indie gamer' niche.

this. superbrothers is further proof that game reviewers can't distinguish between pretentious game design and good game design

>Our 'tastes' are very socially defined and are always practiced in dialogue.
I don't agree at all. You will of course be affected by outside influences and using it as inspiration for your needs and desires, but to claim this is always the case is not true. If the individual stops for a second and considers what and why they enjoy something, then it's no longer a social construct, but a choice.

I think you're leading into the age-old discussion of what we consider free will and conscious decisions, when we're all just made from chemical reactions and molecules.

Personally, I don't think it matters what science says on this matter. The mind is unique in it's ways and desires and to make a blanket statement of how it perceives the world is simply foolish.

waddup

yume nikki

>that blatant ripoff of Unit 02