ITT: We Post Overused Fashion Trends

Post pictures and discuss overused normie fashion trends from your area.

fake af yeezys that arent fooling anyone

Why would anyone do this to themselves in 2K16?

Fucking kek

If it aint overused, it aint a fashion trend. It's always the weirdos that start trends. Then the general public establishes the trend. The weirdos get on to something new.

The "I run a fashion blog" starter pack: top coat, white sneakers and ankles showing

Mac Demarco core.

Why are his ankles showing if it's cold enough to wear a topcoat?

"the art of manliness" "askmen" "CQ"
just dadcore "swag is for boys, class is for men" fedora tards who dont know shit about fashion and think hipsters are still in.
Thats style is dead af through but you will find the clueless late adopter somewhere.

His ankles are allergic to the fabric that his pants/socks are made of.

>thick beard
>undercut or man bun
>dark wash skinny jeans

Why wont they die

where can i get some fake yeezys? noone will probably notice in my social group, as no one knows even what yeezys are

>Pretending to dislike fashion trends while relying on their existence to derive a smug sense of superiority which is your only source of self-worth

where do people dress like this?

what's your favoutite fashion website/magazine/whatever?

Finland.

Pullover sweaters with meme letters/designs on them (japanese letters, radar graphics, etc)

The wearers would always be in small groups of 3-4, and they would always circlejerk each other over how good they look. One of them had Raf sneakers that deadass looked like old Sketchers (with gel globule inserts and garish colorway)

I still don't understand the appeal of ugly clothing that's branded. Ironic shit design is still shit design.

I liked stylezeitgest in 2011. I lurked Veeky Forums since late 2009 but we were honestly plebs with clark desert boots, skinny jeans and peacoats that dreamed on owning Hedi era Dior heroin/rock chic.

I was kinda dadcore during 2010 too thats why I hate it. I need to sell the garbage.

so what do you read today?

Liberal arts colleges.

thrasher/supreme-core

philly

Killy doesn't have any taste or knowledge, don't bother asking him. ask laserface or something.

as far as I know, most fashion magazines that have any relevance lend themselves heavily towards art. Like dismagazine was probably the last time a magazine was seriously relevant to non-fuckboy street fashion, and it was literally a joke.
Purple is decent I guess.

I think people mostly follow tumblr style blogs (pic related) and alt-models' igs these days.

Recommend some?

Julius, r. owens, damir and the shallow zara/boris b.s. rips of the style. drapey tops, skinny jeans.

I don't think even superfuture reps that look anymore.

it's bad
equally played out is
>young leo
>bomber or denim jacket
>black or distressed pale skinny jeans
>long tee
>clean shaven

it's like, 2016 called and said "catch up bro"

what does superfuture rep now

Skateboarders were always ahead of the curve

Supreme/Thrasher fuccboi hypebeasts belong to a different category you short-attention span fuck

knoch and timber's tumblr
archivings tumblr

jesus christ the fuck type of people do you hangout with?

Other than the hat this is a pretty basic fit.

I don't use tumblr.

on IG I mostly follow chinese and korean cool kids for more casual inspo. their style tends towards undcover, comme, yohji
>thexsoloist
I followed him thinking it was takashi the soloist but it turns out it's just some korean. I think a stylist or model or something. pretty good stuff
>boybluejunk
korean designer. he's like king of seoul's scene desu
>john3kim
stylist for hyukoh
>jxcxxx
womenswear korean designer in london
>venicew
another womenswear designer. better production. less cute
>for.august
some tween korean aristocrat
>peijinzou
>xintongli
>nini.li
>kleeheelk
chinese rich women. lot of yohji pieces, latter two almost wear him exclusively

and this actually

and nao, obviously

I don't really use the internet for fashion. my friends dress cool enough but I'm not going to out their stuff.

hell if I knew

They're legit skaters you idiot

It doesn't matter if you actually skate. If you look like shit you look like shit. Not making any comment on fits in pic related, but I hate this excuse of authenticity or whatever.

no fucking shit im telling you the style is overplayed in my area

Why that nigga on the right look like Syndrome.

thrift core is cheap af though. (significantly cheaper than h&m and that says a lot). thats the biggest appeal to me

namefag please off yourself

you still don't have to do it like a trendy loser. cop the wool coats and trousers, not the innawoods gear. goth/post-punk prep.

Oh no. Is it bad if I've been dressing very close to this minus the ankles showing all spring?
I know it's unoriginal 'style' but didn't think it had achieved meme-status

it's called Scandinavian spring...

Lmaooo I remember when Veeky Forums used to circle jerk so hard over this look

le ugly ass long beard with short back and sides

>all styles are played out
>dont dress in anything

Full black ricky and over zara and hm related shit. Sad boys, ripped jeans, topcoats, bombers.

Do you even know about daily rick owens threads?

if hes anything like me, he rolled up during a warm bit and just never put em down and it just wasnt cold enough to bother. the ankles arent exactly a sensitive area

Not him but probably people who don't give a fuck about shit rappers and ugly trendy shoes? AKA not 14 y/o girls.

i was in cambridge MA a year ago and there were loads of teenagers/20 somethings dressed like this. dunno if its still like that

Veeky Forums used to dadcore shit too. Newfags will be newfags.

Problem is we used to have trips who knew their shit so if you had the sense to listen, you could actually learn. Now we just got cunts like killy.

u man up pussy. this is FASHION.

Trips never knew their shit. If you think trips actually knew their shit then you were just new. Veeky Forums has always been a cesspit of retards.

not all styles, fa just doesn't know what the influential, trendsetting, fashionable kids in cooler cities than theirs are doing

but i do

and I'm not telling because I want to be unique

Which cities

cringe

What is considered "dadcore"? Veeky Forums seems to think everything except Ricky drapes and Asian mememalism is dadcore.

holy shit lmao

Everything remotely traditional is instantly labelled dadcore by streetwearfags these days.

>itt people just post whatever style they don't like

>tfw I'm a streetwear fag

this is probably the worst meme on this board.

It's pretty vague these days because it's splintered into a lot of smaller styles, I was trying to think of a better word to use actually.

What I meant there was clarks db's, chinos, etc. Some people mean the sort of art of manliness, retro-manhood style by dadcore

It's a timeless hairstyle, what the fuck are you talking about

Dadcore is the best way to go if you're 30+. Nothing looks more pathetic than a man with wrinkles wearing a hoodie. Besides, it's perfect in the workplace if you have an office job.

i really cant wait until this fucking brand and fad dies

wait dis magazine was a joke? fuck, man that makes me sad ;_;

Kek

Dude, what? Of course it was a joke.

I mean literally a joke, not like it's lame. Its styling is ironic, a lot of the articles aren't. V-files too f/am

yep, my entire university

>if i don't like the graphic, it's a meme graphic

>people who wear the clothes i don't like have friends, and they support each other. one of them had shoes i don't like

>i don't like things that i don't understand. if i don't like it, it's shit.

chicago

You just destroyed a mans entire mental process for ever

kleeheelk is god tier,

I'm curious what they rep at sufu now,
my guess would be all that american inspired asian fashion, basic looks with highend shit, takahiro, visvim etc

gently rekt

>Herro bing bong bing mo tea an wontons?

even more so at art school, believe me

this is like, my dream squad. one day, when i finally have friends, i hope it's these people.

how in the fuck are black skinny jeans or being cleanly shaven played out? literally being clean shaven is just something that people do to look professional or if they can't grow facial hair to not look like a retard. and black skinny jeans are the most inoffensive piece of clothing anybody could own as long as they aren't skin tight. you're delusional if you think these things are even possible to be played out or overdone

I second this, killy if you read this, kys. You don't deserve to trip

>Nothing looks more pathetic than a man with wrinkles wearing a hoodie.
WHat a dumb fucking post.

>hurr durr I only wear all black clothing with useless zippers and weird knitting pattern
Literally kys tier

Quite possibly the stupidest post on Veeky Forums right now

that suit is way too tight in the chest

>catch up bro
>bro
well.. yeah...

this shitty fucking trend will be gone by spring next year

It's not my only source of self worth, but you're right about everything else.

Hey, for one to be superior, someone else has to be inferior.

I live in a small town

Someone asked me what my Stans were. :(

there's a difference between a sense of superiority and actual superiority

>black skinny jeans
>so long as they aren't skin tight
fucking wew lad, that's literally the only acceptable way to have em, to say nothing of the fact that you seem to want slim, not skinny jeans. but yes, clean-shaven and black skinnies are mainstays and pillars of fashion in general, whether you can afford top tier shit or scrounge thrift stores, the jeans are a must-have that're near universal in their utility, and being clean-shaven is just... jesus, you can't seriously be arguing against that.
I don't see much mention of the fashion god starter kit, somebody post that pic pls. olive parkas are ruined forever by these tumblrcucks and instafags

I really just don't think skin tight jeans look good on a male frame. I'm even really skinny and I prefer a cut on the relatively slimmer side as opposed to skin tight. I don't like seeing every detail of your leg lol not to mention that cut is not as universally attractive as a simple slim cut. I enjoy versatility in my clothing a lot. Also skin tight pants on men have ebbed and flowed in popularity while slim has remained a constant staple. I just don't want to look too much like a goon when I show my kids/grandkids pictures of myself in my youth. I know this may seem like a conservative opinion but I prefer to look good while pushing my personal style to limits -not necessarily pushing actual fashion limits. That isn't to say I don't appreciate runway fashion however, a lot of it just doesn't appeal to my style, just as skin tight jeans don't.

Funny, everyone in somerville MA dresses like hypebeasts or vineyard vines core. Maybe harvard and MIT are part of the reason.

>tfw I see more and more rich asian hypebeasts every day.

>tfw you accidentally started dressing like this because you wanted to spend less money on clothing

It legitimately looks good.

The plateau area in Montreal.

Beards are disgusting 9/10 times

>Shaved around the side
>Timeless
This was 90% likely bait, but oh boy oh boy.

Welcome to the UK - land of the Spice boys

Wear what you think looks good

Disgusting, I can smell them from here.

this is so true, i live in san francisco and you see tons of different trends all the time, both new and outdated. either way gets mad props in most of sf as long as you are trying to be fashionable yur in the club. no matter what aesthetic of irony you are rockin, streetgoth healthgoth normcore dadcore, supreme, trainspottingcore, rick owens core, all welcome no matter how cringy. thats because its a fashion capital of the world my friend.