Plebs wearing zara knockoffs of Hedi Slimane's (peace be upon him) creations baka

plebs wearing zara knockoffs of Hedi Slimane's (peace be upon him) creations baka

Other urls found in this thread:

farfetch.com/shopping/item-11336192.aspx?ffref=pp_recom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

zara always copy high fashion

thats their thing

dumb ass

i fucking hate zara and topshop if you can't fucking afford high fashion labels then don't buy fakes / knockoff labels FUCK ZARA I FUCKING HATE YOU OSCAR MARCOTE

>Paying SLP prices for trendy bullshit

Without the labels I would have thought both designs were from Zara

They both look like shit. And that's exactly what fast fashion is.

god shut the fuck up you pleb faggot, I genuinely hope that you get HIV when some nigger rapes you, hedi is a fucking god and you're just some bottom feeding pleb trash fucking kill yourself

NO YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HEDI'S VISION YOU FUCKWIT HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN HIS S/S16 LOOKBOOK YOU FUCKING RETARD? LOOK AT THE AESTHETIC HEDI HAS CREATED YOU SPASTIC FUCKING MONGOLOID AND THEN THIS FUCKING FAGGOT CUNT ZARA SHITHEAD COMES AND FUCKING RIPS IT THE FUCK OFF GOD JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY ZARA

lmao hedi fans talking about OTHERS having HIV fucking LMAO ctfu

>mfw hedi is the next person to be cucked by adidas

this. fast fashion-core and thrift-core is the ideal way of life. we should start labelling high fashion people as not creative, to bring the competition back to fairness

lol calm down you salty faggot

i don't know i think he's done with fashion, he made BANK @ dior/slp, nigga can retire and attend shitty burger band parties and photograph young boys at peace now

>tfw fuccbois will be wearing hedi slimane x adidas $ 400 studded superstar hi tops and call hedi a genius

kek

both are ugly

slp's is slightly uglier

12 year old brit spotted.
No one cares what you hate kiddo. Learn to live with it.

I wish knockoffs just stayed knockoffs. Zara, Ikea, etc. trying to avoid IP infringement by tastelessly adjusting the design results in awful eyesores, rather than just unethical rips that are cheap and poorly constructed at second glance.

Just look at OP's example. It's like they're lazily trying to recreate the piece from memory.

Dunno, I like SLP a lot but is not like that design from were thaaaat relevant, i mean is just a bomber jacket with palm trees. It have been made a thousand of times by hundreds of brands.

havent u seen the yeezy and raf ripoffs tht zara does? nothing new here

At this point it doesnt matter, zara saturated the market by sdtealing high end fashion.

They mass produce and ruin the design and quality.

Their tshirts are alright though, a small "relaxed" fit t fits to a medium perfectly. Their medium fits like a large.

but why? You can get fake yeezys if you atually want the yeezy look

desu everyone is ripping off kanyes color palettes. which im not that mad about because they are dope.

both are fucking awful

i have yet to see / know anyone who wears that slp jacket who is not a complete utter fuckwit, regardless of whether they are a guy or a girl. i actually think i would be friendlier to someone i saw wearing the zara version, because they just liked having palm trees on their jacket and aren't some smug douche

i have a lot of slp stuff myself, but the crowd that wears it makes me wish i didnt.

SLP cost almost as much or more than some great Rick, Julius, Yohji pieces in Farfetch.
I love Hedi and we loved him more in Dior back in the day. But the reality is that at least in SLP he uses cheap materials for some of his works: such as faux leather or makes simple cotton pieces then ups the price almost as much as Kayne West. Don't buy those.

He has some pieces that you can DIY like the tie dye denim he has or the bleached shirts. Same material, same texture. Might be possible that you don't get the same finish through.

He should use more silk, polamide, viscose, cashmere, etc imho. Buy his chelseas, his more unique scarves, leather jackets, unique jackets, etc. Most of his cotton stuff is super basic.

Zara will never able to copy his leather work, more unique outwear or footwear.

Rumors say he is moving back to Dior or going to Chanel. Who knows I just hope he gets gud like before when he was doing his magnum opus.

>Zara will never able to copy his leather work

thats more due to the quality and difficulty in crafting leather

Yeah.
Its because real leather is too costy for a fast fashion store, you only see faux at fast fashion stores.

You should look at Dior Hedi if you haven't. He was damn good (in my opinion).

I bought this shirt at zara because I'm a poorfag
what designer piece does this imitate?

something from dries probably

dries van noten

>i
>bought
>at
>zara

cheers
don't cry user

Literally only bought 3 things from Zara

1. Pair of shoes. Fell apart after 2 weeks

2. Pair of ripped jeans. Pretty shit.

3. Leather aviator jacket. Bought it 6 years ago and it's still going as strong as when I bought it

is it legit leather?

Real Leather on Zara? for real?

post a pic please and how much it cost?

Wnt in once. Was a sale. Got slim jeans for $20 and they're my best fitting pair. And a denim baseball cap that's pretty neat. Retail sucks and it's pretty plasticky and gross but a few jems. Might check out h&m someday

not that user, but why are you so surprized with Zara using real leather?
i have leather biker jacket, which i got as a gift
and i've seen plenty of real leather while wandering in Zara main store in my city

because they are a fast fashion store but it seems that it is true. Their cuts aren't the best through compare them to Sandro or other more high end jackets. It is calf/lamb leather through. idk it just uncommon I guess... h&m calls their real leather "premium leather" but they're garbage.

>because they are a fast fashion store

This has nothing to do with it you dumbfuck. Real leather isn't some holy grail like you've making it out to be.

Sort of same

From zara i purcahsed two white t's and a long sleeve t. Only alternative is h and M which i thoroughly dislike

it's fast fashion company, but the largest/richest one at that. given their ability toliterally drop price 5-7 timeson the leather pieces during sales, they don't have much trouble incorporating it. ofc they won't bring ostrich or cordovan, or compete with the companies who profiles on leather jackets either tho

lmao
This must be one of the worst copy attempts I have seen in my life!

Hedi's original: farfetch.com/shopping/item-11336192.aspx?ffref=pp_recom

>patched jacket as in "made of patches"
>patched jacket as in "tons of patches applied on'
how are those similar at all?

That's the Hedi jacket they were trying to copy but obviously couldn't. So they made the bastard child of Hedi's jacket.
Thats what Zara does, always.

I have never copped Zara so I never knew. Last time I browsed was 3 years ago and I don't recall anything else than cheap polyester jackets. That's why I was so skeptic.

>Thats what Zara does, always.

Everyone fucking knows this. This exactly what fast fashion is.

They're both derivative.

you gotta understand that 'fast fashion' refers to:
1. regurgitating popular designs in attempt to make something people want, but can't buy at its full price.
2. the ability to quickly produce and swap items on sale.

'fast fashion' doesn't means 'low quality' per se, and Zara isn't disliked for its quality to begin with. They could replicate items 1:1 if it wouldn't mean immediate lawsuit for them.

I don't know man, looks more like they were going for the one with the pins

>They could replicate items 1:1 if it wouldn't mean immediate lawsuit for them.

as much as i hate fast fashion, this is such a true statement

the palm trees in zara's jacket, as well as the colors, are different from the slp jacket, therefore it is derivative and not a knockoff

>'fast fashion' doesn't means 'low quality' per se
hmm kinda
in order to achieve fast fashion you have to produce at a low cost in mass, and that rarely, if ever, results in quality products

quality doesn't always requires high spending
unless you're going for complex techwear clothing, or rare materials like shark leather, you can get the quality of a $500 jacket for $100 once you substract the brand name. and let's face it, the brand name costs quite a lot on its own

pic related, part of a lenghty speech from the guy named Anorak, going on about Visvim.
lower your prices and everybody will asuume your product is trash by default, even while it's not nessesary so

that's absolutely true
but what that ignores is overhead
saint laurent, for instance, has so many locations across the globe, and because of hedi, redid their interiors completely
this, along with marketing, creates a huge amount of overhead they need to cover
this is what the brand name cost comes from
so what do you, as a business, do? markup

additionally, if i am doing wholesale, i cannot control what the retailers price my products
if i attach an msrp to a label, they'll laugh and place their own sticker
and so me, as the manufacturer, has to retail at the same price as the retailer i sold to

quality does require high spending, quality does not require a high price tag, though
just like that quote says about having little wiggle room with pricing, you run into that as a manufacturer

if i am producing jeans at the same factory as saint laurent, that factory owner is going to charge me up the ass simply because of his clientele
yes, the workmanship is great, but he also knows who he works with and owners love to tell you about their clients
same goes with mills

the best way to produce quality at low cost is to not wholesale and not have any brick and mortar locations
and while ecommerce is the future, this is an unsustainable business model, as of right now

can confirm

SLP user, work in the showrooms where the collections get bought, usually hedi designs them without a price in mind, and they are usually allocated prices and negotiated in the showroom

that's pretty standard
designers don't give a fuck about pricing
product development creates the first price, production the second price, and sales make the final price
it's those 3 departments that are required to remember that the price needs to be profitable

are you a sales rep?

nah i was a model for slp until hedi left

if you wear fake yeezys you get called out, if you wear those shits from zara you won't

you have all the good points here damn

now i feel obliged to drop the whole image speech lol
he makes the same points and then goes on explaining how it's possible to cut those spendings

unless you wear the 1:1 fakes nobody can tell apart from the real ones.

that's another case with fashion as a whole. if the product can be copied 1:1 for a better price... there's maybe not that much reason to pay for the original to begin with.

fuckton of people completed 1:1 yeezys?,which are just a mas market shoe with a Kanye name after all
nobody yet produced 1:1 geobasket or visvim replicas, because those heavily rely on materials and patters, which are unique to them
nobody even tried to replicate things like CCP dripped sneakers, because nobody have any idea where to start from with these lol

>slp
>high fashion

oh weird they actually had models to display the line in the showroom?
rarely hear that happen because of cost and sales reps are annoying about "Their space"

thanks for posting that
that guy is spot on
i wish we could have more conversations like that
i never even had any discussions like that while at fashion school for 2 years, i mostly spent that time telling people to do that research and influencing people to analyze runways, read interviews, read up as much as possible

oh yeah they go all out for the showroom. It's probably more important than the show, that's where they actually have to earn their money

yeah i bet
so did your contract get discontinued once Vaccarello got placed?

well originally the show would be in Paris, I was being asked to do the show, a campaign, and then the showroom after, but the show was moved to LA, I got wrecked by not being able to get a work visa in that time, so I just went to paris for the showroom. I had been on an exclusive contract since 2014 but my last contract with them ended in December last year, I didn't get any new contract as I wasn't in the show, but still got paid to not go to LA

>slp
>not high fashion

Nigga what. You don't have to like it, but claiming SLP isn't high fashion is just straight retarded

with Vaccarello still having that rock look, do you think you would potentially get a new contract?

don't know enough about him, i'm sure he's gonna have his own models and his own thing, I was speaking with Gucci and Paul Smith 2 weeks ago but i'm super busy with university so not really bothered, the only thing i'm bothered about, is that i did a campaign but hedi never released the photos, and now i'll never see them

hm yeah that's a bit upsetting
you don't think kering would let him release that on his diary?

judging by the way things have been going, no, looks like a fresh slate. I know they contractual permission to use my photo for up to 20 years but they won't, my agency have asked them for it, and i would have asked hedi myself but i didn't get out to LA

actually there are 1:1 geobaskets now

link for the curious

Hi Tim.

hes bsing, yeezys were easy to 1:1 because of the demand from hype beasts. Geo ovens cant be re'd cause of the material

slp is so corny

zara is so corny

>he doesnt send his real designer products to chinks so they can copy it 1:1 and send the original+5 fake pairs back to you

lol zara's looks better

hello