General 60s rock/bohemian

general 60s rock/bohemian

Hard Mode:a photo taken after the 2000s.

I will start with the always on point, Jacco Gardner.

Tom Dougall fom TOY

This is a great thread. Recommended Patti Smith. She is andro and had a sick style.

I second that

Patti is based as hell. Both music-wise and fashion-wise.

>tfw no andro punk rock gf

Not fashion related to back to

>patti
>punk rock
fuck off poser

u brain-damaged m8

wut? she's at the very least proto-punk, and a strong influence on punk rock as whole.

first wave 70s punk was much more freeform in terms of influences and style. in spirit closer to what the folkies were doing in the 60s than the hardcore shit that developed in the 80s.

And she's not a 60s musician

The ramones committed so seriously to a formula for songwriting that they didn't have a song longer than four minutes until their, what, fifth album?

this should just be a dylan thread desuu

believe it or not there were other early punk bands besides the ramones. television was very leftfield compared to their contemporaries and still gets categorized as "post-punk" even though they fall in the first wave. richard hell and tom verlaine were boho as fuck (read their bios, seriously) and both of their bands have their poetry as centerpiece of the music. also look at 77-era talking heads, who btw dressed and presented themselves very lowkey compared to other rock bands of the time.

outside of NY you even had bands like Chrome and early Pere Ubu doing weird experimental shit around the same time.

imo this era was most "authentically punk" because it was less about uniformed elitism (80s hardcore) and more about just seeing what stuck

You're naive get your luv of punk ruined by zines and Legs interviews, like the rest of us

I'm going back to hoc fuck all y'all

Patti, Hell, etc. 's scene (and look) was NYC no wave. Patti never identified as punk and her sound had its foundations in rock more than anything

It's like calling Lou Reed punk. He might exemplify some of the characteristics and attitude and might've served as an influence but he's definitely not punk

>uniformed elitism (80s hardcore)
this. fuck hardcore. first wave LA punk is the purest shit. you'd get thrown out if you covered Black Randy in LA today, or patti's rock n roll nigger for that matter

Don't
Fucking
Talk
About
Genres
It's annoying plz stop

you're dumb, I'm talking scenes more than anything. replace no wave with cbgb/mudd or LA first wave with masque, same shit

That all sucked too what next you're gonna namedrop all of your favorite c86 bands (even though that's a made up genre) and try to distinguish skate punk (again, not a real thing) from any of the other crap that came out of southern California (inb4 implying that was all one big scene we all know there were different scenes in literally multiple areas of every area all throughout California by like 1980)

I hate people who think they know a lot about punk they're the hugest losers in any conversation

whatever nigger, punk is dead.

>Patti and Hell
>no wave

are you just talking about where they played? because no wave is still punk as fuck in my book, just more aggressively weird and noisy. only more middle class and less working class.

maybe you don't like the term "punk" but my only point was just that it was way more stylistically diverse than what gets typically associated with punk nowadays

>Patti never identified as punk
that doesn't mean much since musicians never identify with popular movements.

andrew eldritch didn't identify as goth ffs.

as a subculture, yes. there are still plenty of good bands making the stuff however.

what do you fellows think of this film

No I mean they even have a fairly distinct fashion style shared by the scene. It's jazzier and shit.

>here are still plenty of good bands making the stuff however
it's not punk to imitate a dead genre you only ever listened to in your room and saw from not-cover bands. punk is dead because it moved on.

great one. captured the aesthetic with very sharp wit. luscious look, too.

pre-electric bob was interesting too. heavy on the americana. still had a bit of babyfat going on tho.

>you will never witness this performance

Fuck off YOU poser. Probably a hardcore cuck. Patti is one of the most original punks there are

>implying Patti has anything on God Ginn
no YOU fuck off!!

It's great