Does it irritate anyone else when plebs insist that Hitler was the greatest leader and military mind of Germany?

Does it irritate anyone else when plebs insist that Hitler was the greatest leader and military mind of Germany?

Does anyone over the age of 12 really insist that?

I guess you'd be surprised

If anything people vastly underestimate Hitler's military capabilities.

He probably had "some" expertise at warfare on land, since he was an experienced veteran, but he sucked ass at naval warfare. Probably can't blame him, some other brilliant field commanders sucked ass at sea.

But he really just sucked ass.

KAISERREICH FOR THE WIN

>experienced veteran
>scout who got gassed once

What did Hitler do wrong aside from muh holocaust?

What do you call experience then?

>hey guys let's secure and alliance with Russia
>lel why would we do that PLEBmarck??? :DDD
>because if they ally with France we're fucked
>woah u some sort of militry jenus????

Bismarck is overrated as fuck. Predicting WW1 was simple given that Serbia was allied with Russia. It's the same as predicting there will be a war between Turkey and Russia in the next century.

He had no viable peacetime economic system, he was stupidly inconsistent in his racial shit ("honorary Aryans"? Sure thing, buddy), he threw out half his scientists for the sake of a meme, he fucked up miserably in Russia, and he shot himself in a bunker and lost the war.

Frankly, I'm not sure the poor fuck did anything right beyond aesthetics.

>He had no viable peacetime economic system,
I hear this meme spouted constantly, what does it mean? From 1933 to 1939 Germany was Nazi, at peace, and extremely profitable.

His main problem always was lack of perspective.

I would say that Hitler's greatest creation, by far, was the cult of nazism in Germany. Not literally calling it a cult - I'm more referring to the following it gained under his leadership. At some point, a populist and violently reactionary political stream went from a small following to something indivisible from everyday Germans and the state.

Ignoring the nostalgic sixteen year-old retards and basement dwellers who put 'Time' by Hans Zimmer as a backing on Hitler's speeches to make them seem overly dramatic, he really did speak with such incredible power. His translated speeches are well-written and powerfully spoken (or in most cases, yelled while pounding on a podium).

His greatest weapon was his tongue. Whether or not he believed everything he said, I think, is another question.

I think what you're looking for is the notion of Nazi Germany being a war economy. If it didn't expand in a timely fashion, it was going to lose a lot of money and go bankrupt. Regular germans were employed, and invested in, huge infrastructure projects that were expected to pay dividends.

Any "experience" he had was made insignificant by his bullshit ideological motivations. Not allowing strategic retreats and only supplying your troops with summer uniforms is just stupid.

He said that a major war would start due to some "damned fool event in the Balkans," and he was right.

Hitler's peacetime projects and rearmament bankrupted Germany, though.

Hitler couldn't hold a light to someone like Von Moltke the Elder.

Well he DID try fighting off communism. I don't think anyone can disagree that the Nazi control of Europe would be far more preferable to a communist one.

What are you even doing on this board?

How tied up in his own bullshit was Hitler, if at all? Did he really do things like this? I'll need some sources on this one lads

Fuck off /pol/

ignorant twat.

>no viable peacetime economic system
When will this meme die?

Hitler's peacetime projects made Germany the strongest european country in just 4 years. It was called the "economic miracle", for fuck's sake. Germany went from millions of unemployed to basically none and from a worthless currency to a strong one.

Open a history book before coming here to spout bullshit.

Which isn't exactly ground breaking considering two Balkan wars, and a series of crisis in the region at the time.

Here's a shocker for you: the next major terrorist attack will happen due to some damn fool event in the Middle East.

Stuff like that is 'true' but basically memes. For example the no winter uniforms thing made perfect sense. The campaign was planned for 12 weeks. The military professionals planned for 12 weeks, and were absolutely confident they could do it. The logistics of Barbarossa were already a nightmare, so there was no sense in cutting down on supplies of fuel, ammunition and spare parts, for winter coats for a campaign planned to end in August.

Well, for one, look at the Holocaust. Even as the tide turned against Germany, they still devoted tons of resources to carrying out executions. Also, the Western Wall. Rommel didn't believe for a second that it would be defensible.

I understand that the nazis were all about that German efficiency, but you would imagine that one of the major powers in the war with a burgeoning population and the largest landmass in the world might spring some 'what if' questions

Doesn't seem very sensible to me, even when you consider that they were probably only out to capture Russia's easternmost reaches & administrative centres.

Surely any setback at all - one failed offensive, for instance - was going to be a huge loss on time, and when Winter hits, kapow. It would be gambling on everything he'd had up until that point, wouldn't it?

>t. doubting hindsight man

errr, westernmost*

It's not like Germany was independent in terms of production. Göring's Four Year Plan failed to make them economically autonomous, and German foreign debt in 1939 was outstanding. Just read Finance Minister Hjalmar Schacht.

>The Channel Islands were heavily fortified, particularly the island of Alderney, which is closest to Britain. Hitler had decreed that one-twelfth of the steel and concrete used in the Atlantic Wall should go to the Channel Islands, because of the propaganda value of controlling British territory.
>British sailed right by them during Normandy landings

Couldn't find anything about Rommel saying they were retarded, but it seemed like he believed they were inadequate for their purpose when he arrived there

ayy Jersey here

The problem is they didn't plan for a series of offensives. The whole thing was premised on the notion that the Soviets would capitulate after the destruction of their armies in the West.

They had their ideological blinkers on, and had them on even before Hitler showed up. It's important to remember that old saying about armies always planning for the last war. They really thought going into the Soviet Union in 1941 would be like going into Russia in 1914, and that with a huge military setback, the Soviet Union would collapse.

I believe at one point he called it "a figment of Hitler's Wolkenkuckucksheim" (cloud-cuckoo land)

>Hitler is some kind of autist obsessed with jews
>His generals thought he was a Cuck

I think this is ironic?

Gotta admit though, Hitler knew fashion.

Hitler constantly argued with his generals. He fired Guderian and Rundstedt multiple times.

his only capability was his charisma.

He had the chance to make all of Europe German, but he was too stupid to know when to stop expanding. That's literally Imperialism 101.

>Firing someone more than once
>Implying he took them back multiple times, probably because he realised he needed them
>Tfw you're one of Hitler's other generals and he keeps firing someone, only for them to show up to work the next day and for Hitler to act all awkward-like and penitent

Hitler literally confirmed for behaving like a sixteen year old girl?

Kind of makes you feel bad for his generals. They probably realised how shit a place they were in 2-3 years into the war.

Wasn't it Hugo Boss who designed the nazi's uniforms?

Because yes, in that case, Hugo Boss literally knows fashion.

>tfw wearing Hugo Boss jeans right now, actually

>Hitler literally confirmed for behaving like a sixteen year old girl?
Nah. Marshal fired and rehired people all the time, too.

He stopped paying the British and the French and threw off their Imperialism.

That's why everyone loved him initially. He represented independence and self determination. It was admired, but nothing intelligent. A 4 year old could've thought of that.

kek
underrated post

Savage. I wish some neo nazi shitters would hear that

What exactly did he stop paying the British and the French?

>what does it mean?
It means that the German 'economic miracle' was not sustainable and on the verge of a collapse in the short term.

Well gee whiz. I just feel like I have to be here. Ya know, he wrote it down. He told everybody what he was thinking. Hitler literally wrote the book THEN the world is shocked when he carries out his plan. Now come on people THAT TOOK BALLS. Nobody stood up to him and then suddenly Poland...

The reparations for the war Germany started in 1914

But those were cancelled before Hitler came to power.

This is literally wrong. If you wish to read up on the subject I recommend Adam Tooze 'Wages of Destruction'.
Has anyone else read it? I found it absolutely eye opening.
To relay it in meme speak: Speer got btfo

>It's the same as predicting there will be a war between Turkey and Russia in the next century.
Russia will embrace Allah before it'll happen

Islam saves the world from war again

no they were cancelled by Adolf Hitler, saviour of the white race

I agree
>tfw we could get rid of all those stupid slavs and make more room for refugees

no

yes

That's right but Germany still had to pay interest for loans it had recieved to pay for the reparations. Hitler stopped the payment of these interests in 1933. After WWII, Germany had to pay back some of the money under the London agreement on debts. The last payment was made in 2010.