How did Russia and Japan feel about being on the same side during World War 1 after having just fought each other in...

How did Russia and Japan feel about being on the same side during World War 1 after having just fought each other in the Russo-Japanese war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Front_(World_War_I)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

anyone?

The same way the Britts could ally with their old rival I suppose and France could ally with their old Rival England.
Germany was pretty good at making enemies turn into friends, got to give them that.
And Japan really didn't do much at all through the way, the most I know of was taking the German Pacific Islands.

Probably uneasy. Everything that Japan has done seems to be for its own gain and nothing else.
>Go to war with Russia
>Go to war with Germany
>Go to war with China
>Cry like a bitch when Russia still has islands north of Japan taken in WW2

Probably the same way the US and UK felt about being on the same side as the Soviets in WWII.

Can't the same be said for Russia though?

A country pursuing a line of rational self-interest? Quick, someone call the UN, that's a war crime!

Russia was desperate. They had flexed their muscle in all directions in Asia seeking conquest and lost bad. Eastern Europe was they only chance they had and they wanted to shore up the instability they left on their eastern front.

But they really werent. Russia didn't do shit in the first World War because the Bolshevik revolution forced them to drop out. Japan really just beat up China with few casualties, and wasn't fighting alongside Russia. Most of the fighting was along the French-German front.

Russia manned a massive front until 1917 and had large successful offensives at times.

It's like you know nothing about WWI.

>Offensives
>Successful

I guess if you call shitting on the Austro-Hungarian garbage soldiers an "offensive" than yes.

The relationship healed a lot by that point and they had developed extensive trade ties.

Considering they went the Communism
route, no.

>Japan
>rational foreign policy

Wtf

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Front_(World_War_I)

Considering it nearly collapsed the Austro-Hungarian empire in 1916, yeah.

German forces had to essentially occupy it to keep it from falling apart.

>Communism route
>Unselfish
Yeah, let's just ignore how nationalistic that communism was and that the Russians always got the better of the deal when trading with the comme bloc.

that's literally what it means you idiot

You could ask the same about Russia and UK considering they've been the biggest rivals during 19th century

They pretty much was in the war as an excuse to do just that. I don't think they interacted with Russia all that much.

the real curiosity was how Russia became friends with France and Britain despite Crimean war where France and Britain essentially cockblocked them from taking Constantinople

>the real curiosity was how Russia became friends with France and Britain despite Crimean war where France and Britain essentially cockblocked them from taking Constantinople
Germany

Great Game was an even bigger thing than Crimean war and they ended it in 1907, creating Anglo-Russian Entente.

but then England allies with Japan to curb Russia (giving them the confidence to pursue the Russo-Japanese war).

Well I guess prior to WWI it was all a "balance of power" business

They didn't "Feel". Nations don't have friends, they don't have niceties, they don't have allies. They just have mutual beneficiaries. If they both benefit, they will be on the same sides.