Tattoo thread

Tattoo thread.

Post your own or your favourites.

Starting with mine

im thinking of getting 2 lines that go from under my earlobes, down my shoulders and forearms to the nails of my middle fingers.

what do you think?

why

I believe it would increase his speed.

kek
I like the style, but these are pretty feminine

feminine and masculine are just social constructs my dude

What style would these be called? Minimalist? Or linear maybe?

I just know them as line drawing tattoos

>why?

absolutely the most fucking pointless and retarded question when it comes to tattoos

copped this

i love these kind of tattoos

you sound gay

hahahahahahah

qt stick and poke. i like it

I want to get a small geometric or line drawing tattoo but does it look stupid if you just have a smaller tattoo as opposed to a medium sized one?

Because it brings to light how foolish and vacuous tattoos are?

they're Picasso line drawings.

i always wonder if i'm the only one that thinks if you're going to get tattoos they should all be the same type of artwork

cubism

no

its because there is 1 and only 1 reason anyone gets a tattoo.
aesthetics

Im thinking on getting just the 3 main squares.
What do you think?

Thinking about getting this one.

Thoughts?

I really like the woodcut style. I'm worried it will go out of fashion in a few years and I'd be stuck with it.

Nice but do you live in any of those states?

Sketched this on my arm, placement feels off, but crayfish claw y/n?

I would be more confident in that statement directed at the minimalist tats in this thread, since the minimalist requires very little talent by the artist I think people will get bored of them.

looks really good, but im not sure about the placement.

you need to be killed immediately.
fucking flyover cuck

Is this u?

another thread confirming tattoos are fucking lame. i'm not even one of those hurr durr it's gunna look so stupid when you're older types either. nigga it looks stupid right now and it's not going to get any better with age.

I just don't understand how people have money burning holes in their pockets that badly

im starting to think it's more edgy and rebellious to not have tattoos

lmao thats a skatebrand 5boro, why not get a nike tattoo?

>getting a tatto the same as some random
>no meaning for yourself
>muh aesthetics

>ITS FOR AESTHETIC MOM!
>I KNEW YOU WOULD'NT UNDERSTAND!
>HOW ABOUT YOU LURK MORE MOM!

dont worry about the trend senpai, if you like the tattoo, then go for it. everything will go out of "style" at some point, but who gives a fuck if you like it

wether the aestethic is good or bad is irrelevant.

your post just proves my point, tattoos are for aesthetic.

handshake my little brother and I have

Very nice idea
Terrible execution

Ffs at least go to a decent artist

don't get someone else's tattoo familia

Are you Craig Ferguson?

See, I don't mind criticism but I am curious as to how it was terribly executed. Where's the issue?

also, without even touching on the whole "art is subjective" thing, this dude has won a whole bunch of awards for tattoo's and has been tattooing for like 20 years, but maybe he just fucked up on me.

But isn't that very common to do? I really don't have the skills to create my own or life close by an artist of whoms design i like.

Anyone here with a full black sleeve tattoo? Pics pls.

i personally dont agree with that person. I think the tattoo looks sweet. cant find any faults

>come up with idea that has meaning
>wait at least a year to reflect on choice (i waited 5)

>research talented artists
>save up to drive or fly to artist
>get ur tattoo

thanks dude much appreciated

How bad is it if you copy someone's tattoo?

Great tip

cubism

was thinking of getting something like this
not sure though

oh god why

Why not

The antithesis of "wearing your heart on your sleeve"

i did knuckle tattoos on myself on whim one night drinking.
my first tattoo was free handed on and paid for with beer

Under the armpit

I'll try it on sometime. Thanks friend.

As a brother who has a strong bond with mine I love the concept. Personally I would have just got black outlining of the hands.Keeping it simple. The shading looks totally fine but my dislike is just personal preference. The dark shading kinda came off as hands belonging to a monster or demon hands when I initially saw it but I can see the actual meaning now tho.

Bretty gay teebeeH

Not that guy either. I don't think it's terribly executed but it's kinda meh. Colors, sleeves, nails, some sizes of fingers seems bit fucked. It's sweet idea tho. Not just random aesthetic but really personal.

>depictions of women
>thin line weight, not bold or aggressive
>loose composition and interpretation
>small scale
>intimate location on the body

Nah, it looks pretty definitive of femininity to me.

Use your words next time, instead of parroting your uni teachers, fucko.

> Implying the west coast is flyover, especially Berkley.

Get over yourself bud.

Unf this too good.

those aren't examples of cubism you dilettante dipshit

>errr look at me picasso = cubism

faggot.

Holy shit these look fucking terrible. Worst tattoo thread of the week.

do you and your brother have a disease

ITT: special snowflake cucks

fa or not?
rate

The pic was taken literally RIGHT after the tattoo was finished so the shading has gone down considerably compared to pic

I appreciate the input tho

wym

this thread was sorta making me hate tattoos until now holy fuck this is so good im so at peace

would've liked it if it was a anatomical heart diagram/picture

any particular reason
looks okay but not great, it could look great on tho

holy shit, this is gorgeous

Tats should look best when they are fresh tho

it'd be interesting to see a more recent pic of it to compare the shading
that was the only thing that really stood out to me i really cant see anything else evn questionable abt it

trendy

yuppie af. kys

Not him but the anatomy is fucked - most obvious is the long ass, broken index in the last one. The shading is also inconsistent and heavily overdone , i.e. the back of the hands. And the lines don't show confidence, especially in the sleeves

But it doesn't fucking matter. They're tattoos, people get this shit stick n poke in prisons. Thinking they need to be perfect or have symbolism or you should "wait a year" before deciding is for tryhard bougie fucks and women. Veeky Forums has some of the most embarrassing taste in tattoos I've ever seen, these threads are terrible

here's question for you fags:
what do you think about taking in some other thing to a guy rather than getting in his own work done?

Youre a poorfag and also a cuck

I came in here expecting typical tattoo arguments, but really this makes the most sense. They are lines. Honestly, either do it or dont. Veeky Forums is such a pussy about this.

Also, I dont know whether i understood your question, but every tattoo I have has been designed by myself or friends with no artistic translation by the tattoo artist, so theres that.

try harder, middle class trash

Terrible design and corny meaning

>every tattoo I have has been designed by myself or friends with no artistic translation by the tattoo artist, so theres that
same, but a lot of communities don't operate like that, I think traditionally too?Tattooists will have their own defined style, and you'll goto the shop and get one of their pieces done or collaborate with him to design a new piece.

You act as both the canvas as well as collector and arguably curator. one friend I know has a guy in Tokyo, and he'll fly out just to get his work. It's similar to finding 'your' barber. this is how it's done in SA, russia, korea as far as I've seen, rather than having something you found and then just using the guy as a tool to get it done, which is what most people I know do.

I'd do the same desu but I've never known anyone whose work I respect and fits my personal taste. so I've only gotten smaller pieces from sourced imagery.

drawing your own or having a friend draw it, who isn't also inking it, feels wrong and kind of insulting, imo though. To me, if it's original, it should be by the guy doing it, otherwise, it should be just a citation

Nobody asked you, hipster scum

its just a line drawing

other one

not mine. but one of the ones I like

peakyblinders tat

is that a giant asshole tattooed next to a crooked butt crack

A skateboard brand? Are you fucking retarded?

Yea I can see what you mean, I agree the lines get pretty sloppy

As far as the shading goes I disagree, minimalist tattoos with just outlines aren't really my thing and I'm fine with how the insides of the hand look myself, but I also see where you're coming from, I think.

Wasn't ever concerned with the anatomy, I think worrying about specifics of anatomy for hands is kinda contrive

Not true

Thinking about getting this done some day. Thoughts?

That's a ww1 tattoo you poser faggot