perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/perfume/Bond-No-9/Central-Park-3422.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

i need something light and fruity for university, but one that still has masculinity

thanks mates

L'Artisan Parfumeur Caligna

you can also try Diptyque Philosykos eau de toilette, but it's a little more green than fruity to my nose

Has anyone personally used Chanel's Sycamore?

It seems like it'd have everything I want in a frag, but I don't want to trek to the closest store and find out it's not what I'm hoping for. If it helps any, I've really liked the CdG Kyoto and Ouarzazate (latter more than the former) and Heeley's Cardinal. I can't think of anything else I've been a fan of in a similar style.

R8 collection

I am up to a dozen Bond and four Creed fragrances now. What is another niche house to explore, and which fragrances would you recommend? Looking at brands like Mancera, Amouage, TFPB etc. I prefer prices under $200 / 100 ml (online not retail).

Gucci Pour Homme II has a kool aid note I don't like.

>Amouage, TFPB
these

also
Tauer
Le Labo
Diptyque
Heeley
Penhaligon's
L'Artisan
Serge Lutens
The Different Company
Frederic Malle
Maison Francis Kurkdjian

>dozen Bond and four Creed fragrances
full bottles? did you at least sample first or are they blind buys (if the latter, fucking why?)?

All blind, because I can and because I hate visiting the Beverly Hills Saks location. Haven't been disappointed yet, but I have a very open mind when it comes to fragrance.

Would Juniper Sling be a good starter frag from Penhaligon? I like the note list.

Which is the 'manliest' of all the Dior Homme collection?

new /frag/ threads are made.
the previous thread is linked.
the sticky is posted.
the frag infograph + info is posted underneath.

the threads are then bumped regularly, even if the threads lack the actual activity.

seems like the new threads is mostly created by 1 person or so.

good job.

Indeed, thanks Fraganon!

They all tilt more feminine because of the iris note. You can try Valentino Uomo which smells similar to Dior Homme, but doesn't have the iris note.

What's a good summer fragrance that will get me a ton of compliments?

I want to be that guy that hears "Damn, you smell good!" or something.

I don't know, help me out.

Terre d'Hermes or TDH eau tres freche

People who are super into fragrances will complain about it being too dependent on one ingredient, but 99.99% of everyone will think you smell conspicuously nice.

Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo
Bvlgari Aqva Amara
Carolina Herrera 212 Men
Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Bleu de Chanel
Dior Homme Cologne
Dior Sauvage
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Versace Pour Homme

Penhaligon's Quercus

I only like to recommend ones I already own so here's my designer picks for you. Some have different uses and applicable times for usage but I feel these are all decent summer scent compliment getters.

Try that orange fragrance by Thierry Mugler, I'm digging that shit now

>bookmark /frag/ and /skin/

>only visit those two threads

>never read any other cancer on Veeky Forums

That's the way to go Veeky Forumsggot

Watch less Jeremy, you fag.

Thoughts?

Meme-tier. All you need now is an Allure sport bottle and you'll be indistinguishable from a pre-bleu top fragrance list. Find yourself a fragrance identity goddamn.

Dior Homme Cologne

Penhaligon's is crap. I love Juniper Sling, Sartorial and Opus but will never buy any because of crap performance vs. price. Juniper Sling fell flat on my skin less than an hour after spraying.

talk shit post collection

>Dior Homme Cologne

Not who you're replying to but I'm not a fan senpai.

Definitely get a sample first

>but I have a very open mind when it comes to fragrance.

That's not being open minded, that's generally called being an idiot.

hey Veeky Forumsmpai

looking for something that smells luxurious and opulent for a winter climate, price not an issue

i don't want anything super musky or leathery pls

By open mind I meant that I'm a guy who's not afraid to wear Chinatown in public. I also have a large fragrance collection so I'm less likely to be burned on a purchase than dude who keeps just one or two bottles and needs safe choices. If you know what you like and are familiar with fragrance, it's very possible to have a reasonable idea of whether a fragrance is for you based on basenotes reviews and other available info. I haven't been surprised or disappointed yet and in fact my most disappointing purchases have been at retail (Givenchy Gentlemen Only comes to mind).

Jubilation

mad that the most popular frags are the best?

not him but

Popularity in terms of sales is the product of a very complex combination of fragrance composition, advertising, pricing, and several other factors. There are plenty of fragrances that I would consider "better" in terms of composition than almost all (if not all) very popular fragrances.

So I don't agree about that popularity = quality of fragrance.

>Hurr Memes!
Christ, grow up.
Most people don't even wear fragrances.

Check out the house of Amouage

Don't get too hipsterish, quality of a fragrance doesn't alone make something good

serge lutens fille en aiguilles is probably the most complex fragrance I ever smelt, but I wouldn't own it because I don't want to smell like a monastery in the woods in middle of winter
also, millesime imperiale is better than aventus imho but it's a 3 hour skin scent

>Juniper Sling
yeah that's one of their best ones. i also like Bayolea and Quercus. Endymion is probably their most popular

and is right, though i wouldn't go as far as call them "crap." if longeavity is a big, big deal for you, maybe skip this house or don't buy full bottles at least (and if you like Endymion, they are releasing an Endymion Concentre so maybe the brand is going to start looking at their performance issues)

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, longevity is nice, but I carry mini atomizers of my fragrances with me so I should be fine. I kind of expected the weakness of the house anyway as Penhaligon seems to sell more cologne spray than EDT.

What's a good introduction to Le Labo in your opinion?

>a good introduction to Le Labo
it would have to be Rose 31. it's their most famous, most popular, and though it's not my favorite of theirs, it is their most dynamic scent and one of the most dynamic i've come across. the way it changes from the spicy and rosy opening to the woody dry down is downright enthralling. it's a pity i don't like the smell of roses or caraway.

my favorites though are Iris 39 (tho it gets borderline too musky as it dries) and The Noir 29.

other notable Le Labos:
Santal 33 is another very popular one (I personally can't stand it)
Bergamote 22 is a perfectly unisex light and woody citrus, among the best out there
Vetiver 46, developed by the nose behind CdG 2 MAN from a "prototype" he made for that scent

for something more "experimental," Neroli 36, Oud 27, Patchouli 24. i'm not sure if i like those or hate those.

I might get memed at for this but I really cannot get enough of Hugo Boss Man and Lacoste Pour Homme as my daily cologne.

Nothing wrong with that.

Damn, just found out they have a few Le Labo stores in my area. Finna visit the Venice shop this week.

check out LA's city exclusive while you are there and report back. And see if they have San Fran's too

have a friend with a sample from ELDO in one of those birchbox jawns. she is not sure what the name of it is and it does not have the name on the sample.

>top notes
orange/grapefruit, vague floral notes
>heart notes
vanilla-y, still some orange, hint of smoke
>base notes
indistinguishable from New Haarlem (aka maple syrup) on my skin

any thoughts senpai? loved whatever I'm wearing

I'm going to guess Archives 69 or Tilda Swinton Like This

probably both wrong 2bh

does the "musk" note in perfumes make anyone else nauseous? it sorta smells like sweat evaporating off skin to me, but a little sweet which makes it even worse 2bh

hey guys, i know i posted this a couple threads ago but my wifi has been crapping out and i never got a chance to screenshot/copy down/thank you for your replies last time.

as an aussie where should i go to buy online? shipping costs are a bitch but retail is sooo expensive. thanks guys

(I don't know, but here's the last frag general if you want to take a look )

chemist warehouse, terry white, etc

I buy from there or ebay.

this was my response last thread user

For run of the mill fragrances, Chemist Warehouse and Priceline have you pretty well covered. The 7 or 8 frags I have gotten from there have always been legit and more or less held to what I've read about them on Fragrantica. Definitely not grey market sourced imo.
As for the more expensive designer brands, David Jones & Myer are your best bets, even though it's pricey as fuck. If you're nice to the saleperson and show a genuine interest in the product, they'll be very inclined to knock up some samples for you. One guy in Sydney Market Street David Jones gave me a 3ml sample of Tobacco Vanille & Neroli Portifino and I wasn't even buying a fragrance, I simply just asked.

Lol god damn
Do you have a career/how much gwop do you make?

hey guys im new to fragrances and i was wondering if you can help me? I got these fragrances as a gift and I like the smell but by the time i walk out the door i cant smell them, and i dont get any whiffs throought the day or anything. Any ideas why?

because they're zara and zara is garbage

what makes them garbage? what makes a scent last

the fact that they were produced by zara makes them garbage.

doesn't matter if they smell like tom ford if they only last for 15 minutes. zara doesn't spend anywhere near the money they should on quality and focus on cheap knockoffs of other labels, so while they've probably copied a great scent relatively well, they're not going to get the projection or duration from it that you would from the original

thats a shame, i really know nothing about fragrances

it's okay user, we all start somewhere :)

refer to the guide at the top and decide what you want from there

i personally recommend bleu de chanel eau de parfum, it's just a great all around fragrance, mid-price

also terre d'hermes, similar to the bleu in that it's good all around, also mid price

also RE: zara i was sort of exaggerating a bit

if you can't smell them it's possibly because they're eau de toilette (lower concentration than eau de parfum), so try spraying a couple more times in different pulse points (neck, wrist, behind ear)

Thank you! i'll certainly be doing some reading this afternoon to try and learn a bit more :)
thats a good idea i may try them again tomorrow as i only did three sprays

thoughts?

Not other user but try applying some non scented moisturiser or lotion to your neck and upper chest. Just a pea sized amount. Let it dry and then spray your fragrance on top of it. That's a cheeky trick that can sometimes double longevity.

male / asian / mid 20's ~ 30 / US east coast / daily use

i usually use cdg man in winter and aesop deodorant as a fragrance in summer

looking for something subtle and unisex to wear in spring/summer

not a fragrance, but love the smell of aesop's reverence hand lotion (bergamont / vetiver / petitgrain)

like woody scents and not a fan of anything fruity or has too much citrus notes

Does anyone here have experience with the Mont Blanc Legend range?

Apart from the main criticism of being 'generic' (which I don't mind, as I'm still a newbie to frangrances), Mont Blanc Legend seems to fit my bill for something with fresh, aromatic accords without being overly sweet.

Anyone can recommend between Legend/Legend Spirit/Legend Intense?

thats fantastic thank u guys. will give chemist warehouse a look. i didn't know myer / djs did samples, thats pretty freaking good

I had a small bottle but now I have A&F Fierce so I used that instead. They smell very similar. Legend Spirit is its own thing and doesn't smell like Legend or Legend Intense

yeah man but I think it depends on what brand, where you are, if you don't look dodgy or just pestering for samples etc etc. Try asking to buy samples first, or buy another fragrance you want to show you aren't just wasting their time.

Shameless bump for help.

Bond No. 9 Central Park
Check the notes at fragrantica.com/perfume/Bond-No-9/Central-Park-3422.html

Seems like your kind of fragrance.

You don't smell them because your brain isn't wired to. You smell then the first time round because it's a new scent, so your brain thinks it's important, but because it persists and isn't particularly strong or dangerous smelling, your brain learns to ignore it and you stop smelling it.

You can test the longevity of your perfume by spraying some on a cloth, and putting it in a different room, then visiting it evey hour. Because it's a new scent relative to the ambient odour your nose will pick it up.

Cloth holds scents a lot longer than skin though.

True, you can sweat it off, but that's only unless you're spraying before you put on your shirt.

>spraying on clothes
terrible. the scent gets stale and, if you are spraying your coat/jacket, will stay there until you get it dry cleaned

skin only, as perfume is intended, as the body heat and skin chemistry help for a more interesting progression

I have Sycomore. It's one of my favorite vetivers, but haven't tried any of the other three you mentioned. What's the question?

A short review/thoughts on the frag. I mostly just need validation that it smells like the guide implies it does. I don't want to waste a trip into the city and find out it's nothing like I expected. What other vetivers have you used?

Fragrance at the gym, polite or offensive? I wear perfume while using the treadmill and my workout clothes smell great for days afterwards.

thanks for the recs.

think it may be true lust.
>released in 2015
>features tangerine, rum, white florals and santal

Not sure what guide you're referring to, and wonder why my opinion as a lone user would sway you over the scores of quasi-profesional fragrance reviewers on BN and FG but it's lovely. A smoky vetiver very much like Encre Noir, but softened and classed up by a creamy sandalwood. I don't get great performance out of it, alas, but it is definitely worth sampling IMO.

The frag that actually got me in to them was Crabtree & Evelyn's Vetiver. Tragically discontinued, but it comes up on eBay for not a lot of money every so often. I've tried the following other vetivers (that I can recall):

Annick Goutal - (if I just name the house, the frag was called simply "Vetiver")
Carven
Guerlain
Encre Noir
Etro
Fat Electrician
Floris
Grey Vetiver
Jo Malone
Lorenzo Villoresi
Mazzolari
Original Vetiver
Roger and Gallet
Route du Vetiver
Royall Vetiver
Santa Maria Novella
Sel du Vetiver
Vetiver 46
Vetiver Ambrato
Vétiver Extraordinaire
Vetiver Tonka
Vetyver (L'Occitane & Parfums de Nicolai)
Vetyverio

Right now I'm leaning more towards Mont Blanc Legend Spirit, supposedly because it is the Legend but more refined

No problem as long as it's light and very fresh. The last thing I want to smell when I'm heaving and sweaty is another guy's fragrance.

The original Luna Rossa is the best workout scent for me.

>Vetyverio
Diptyque? If so, care to elaborate a little on it?

opinions?

this is what i will be getting for this summer
i order only smaller samples from it so far, i didn't get tired of it (which is not the case for me with most scents), so i guess now it's time to buy a bottle

It was a while ago, but my notes say:
>nice smooth vet opens, some rose. nice light
I used the word "nice" twice so I must have liked it. Will have to try it again.

I'm hesitating between Pure Malt and Pure Havane.

How do they compare performance wise ?

Fragantica has heavier sillage for Pure Havane but some written reviews say the opposite

I don't like vetiver, but I thought it was decent. Vetiver and citrus. Pleasant enough I didn't wash it off, but nothing that wowed me.

Of all the Pure flankers I've tried, Malt and Havane are the closest. To the point where I don't see the need to own both, which I do. I've never done a side by side performance comparison, but I'd say they're pretty close there too. I feel Havane is a slightly "warmer" frag, thus slightly less versatile, not to mention I just like Malt better, so I'd say Malt is the winner between the two.

what do you guys think of pecksniffs tarragon lime musk?

>pecksniffs
sounds like a sex act

>just walked into my office building's stairwell and it's filled with Aventus

which one of you assholes is this? and ease up; I'm glad I don't work with you

>tfw showing fragrance collection to mom on mother's day and when she smells Aventus she says, "I smell this on lots of guys lately"

on the rec of someone last thread (thanks user) I got some of pic related

it kind of just squirts out the top of the bottle though. this morning after a shower just squirted some on my hands and rubbed it on my chest and neck.

the scent was mild and lasted about half the day, which I am happy with, but I am wondering if there's a better way to apply scents like this without a spray top or one of those rubbing balls.

it just occurs to me, did I buy a refill I'm supposed to put in another bottle? I thought 750ml was a lot for cologne.

That was me. Glad you like it! It's one of my favorite lavender scents. Yes, this is more of a "splash" than an eau de cologne/toilette, and thus is more dilute comparatively. Still decent performance as you discovered, especially when you apply heavily, which you totally can because you have so much and it's so cheap! I really don't think you can over-apply this stuff. Anyway, I keep some in a small atomizer to spray myself with, as that is how I am most comfortable applying fragrance. Plus, I use it as a room spray and to spray my bedding. Very refreshing, especially in the summer.

750ml?? What do they expect you to do with it, use it as mopping up liquid??

Jesus christ, and here I thought the standard of 100ml for small frag houses is already far too much to use. I wish they did a standard 50ml so people can start exploring the frag market without burning a whole in the wallet everytime a new release comes out.

This is worse than Dior having 450ml bottles that will literally last you and your next generations' lifetimes even if you bathe in it everyday.

Good to know, I'm definitely going to try some on the bedding next time I wash my sheets. It is funny how having such a large bottle makes you want to use it for different purposes.

Thanks again for your help last thread, I have your other recs saved for when I am a little more serious. Especially curious about Diptyque Eau de Lavande, mostly because I remember my estranged father had cologne in those bottles.

It was under $20 shipped :)

jeremy is king, because of him i fuck all kinds of pussy

Can anyone give me some ivy recs? I like diptyque eau de lierre. I didn't like kerosene black vines or ds & durga Boston ivy.

I'm looking for some insight.
I'm 20 years old, college student, my style can be described as artful skater, olive skin tone, long, curly, brown hair that's usually tied up, I typically carry a brooding/emotionless expression (I'm trying to stray away from that).
I'm looking for a variety of scents to range over all seasons/weather conditions. Not looking to spend over $100.
I really enjoy earthy scents. (Patchouli, cedar, amber, nutmeg, chocolate, vanilla)

I impulsively bought Versace's The Dreamer online just now and, on a whim, have Versace's Pour Homme, Perry Ellis' 360 Red, and Vicky Tiel's Ulysse in my Amazon cart.

Should I cop? Do you have better options for me?