Other urls found in this thread:

alfaparts.net/toycor.htm
vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5542914860.html
vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5546927361.html
vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5540839485.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

w2c car

1986 Corolla GTS, AE86.

On my off days, I get clothes that look like Uncle Jesse's, I have the build for it.

Car is nice

jimmy fallon plz

Nice trueno

Meme car/10

How'd you get the Trueno and how much did you pay?

It's not a trueno it's a usdm corolla.

I found it on craigslist 2 years ago and then it was sold, I scoured the net for it, asked around some local Toyota forums and found it, asked the owner how much and I bought it for 7500.

True, had a big port engine but the previous owner put a 7afe bottom so now it's stroked to 1.8l.

I'd love some lighter JDM bumpers but some cunt my swerve into my shit.

Ok, how do I because more effay? I'm not starving myself or wearing any SUPREME shit.

>7500
damn, thats a good deal, its clean. is that a cage i see?

>Ok, how do I because more effay? I'm not starving myself or wearing any SUPREME shit.
read the fucking sticky.

Yeah, Cusco 5pt, gutted rear.

It's a mixed bag, the widebody quarters are a little shoddy, and are starting to crack but everything else is mint.

>44 000 KM on the 7age
>Tokico HTSs
>Celica Supra rear end with LSD
>RX7 FC brake calipers
>Sway bars and adjustable lateral bars

Since my quarter windows are starting to leak, I'm thinking of just getting some Lexan sheets and make lightweight windows out of them and hide the rivets with the weather strips.

Oh yeah, loud ass Greddy VT muffler with a custom underbody exaust, I see so many nu male faggots plug their ears when I drive by lol.

Had a few normie kids yell "Takumi Fujiwara!" told them I was delivering tofu and we all burst out laughing.

>normies
>knowing Initial D
that's a new idea.

They were dressed in Damn Daniel millenial wear and had skateboards.

Wow. I've never met a normie who even knew about a hachiroku. You live in a strange world

Well, I've had a bunch of other faggots mistake my car for a Sirrocco.

>"h-hey is that a Shurock?"

"No, It's an AE86"

>"ah, never heard of it, but you know what I'm talking about, the Shurock"

Alternatively, I went to some garage sale yesterday held by an old man, it was a treasure trove, he had stuff dating back to the 60s, VB radios, tons of Frank Sinatra vinyls, an unopened can of barley extract from the fucking 50s, ect.

He wanted to sell me his pristine FWD 84 Corolla with just 100 000km on the clock but I told him I had my hands full with my 86.

>"the 86s? the real wheel drive sport model?"

I wish I could have lived in his house and be bros with that old man, his house was on top of a hill with a ton of touges everywhere.

Can I be you?

If you want?

is that a trueno? fuck yea dude nice car m8.....4 years ago nigga...

if you were actually into cars as a hobby, you'd know that the ae86 is timeless

your mom is timeless... ohh.

im in to cars, fast cars, collectible cars, rare cars.
>not slow cars that look fast.
>not meme cars
>not poorly maintained meme cars with shit wheels

ill give you this, it is a collectors car, but its like one of the worst ones imo, but they all good.

your chillin man, if i was broke and wanted a collectors car i would have gotten a turbodeasel, not a poorly made aname meme. maybee you love initial d.. who knows.

but you can be into cars as a hobby and still hate the ae86, ask any american car fan m8.

not true desu

it is timeless: shitty all the time. the ae86 screams mediocrity. its just an old frs. lol. slow as fuck without an engine swap. couldnt touch a corvette, hell it couldnt even touch an evo and those are shit too.

that's a gorgeous 86

that car is only a collectors car by default. its like the last one on the list lol.

Tfw I have a road bike worth more than most of the cars that kids on Veeky Forums own

>couldnt touch a corvette

>two different mesh wheels
>two different sizes
>weird grey stripe

pls improve, OP

trueno = pop up headlights
levin = bricks

pls learn more

>playing into dagumi fugiwara memes
theyre laughing AT you

Nice car dude !! I got a levin which im currently doing work on now, the rust never ends

is this real bait?

it's only a meme because the internet made it one.

most old collectors cars are slow.

e30 m3 is fucking slow, especially compared to a brand new m3 or even the euro e36 m3

yeah his wheels are shit, but it's cool because it's a clean chassis, and it's an actual hatch unlike the coupes which are cheaper and less rare

sieg youre fat and you have a fucking landwhale gf, gtfo Veeky Forums you never post anything regarding Veeky Forums here and you only post shit whenever it involves cars because you were kicked out of Veeky Forums

An 86 corolla hatch isn't a collector's car.

It's only valuable to idiot ricers because it was in an anime about drifting

that's literally not true

lol, I don't need to even "touch" a Corvette, It'll just spin out and oversteer into a ditch lol.

Cool story bruv, where's the pics?

>Can't into wheel sizes

Stay assmad, bus rider lmao.

Check every rubber seal and get your quarter windows resealed, buy some rust formula and start spraying inside.

Nah m8, you'd know that it is an overrated slow turd that's tofu taxed to shit. It's cool, but it's still really overrated.

The sour grapes is strong in this one.

Before it was in an anime, it was dominating Group A and N rallies and Euro Touring championships in '86, made even more famous by drivers like Tsuchiya.

ok you described so many collectors cars dude, many cars that are cool aren't perfect and sometimes are slow

i could list some examples but im too lazy

Overrated?, maybe, tofu and drift taxed to fuck?, definitely, slow stock?, yeah, fun? YES

>good looking car
>revs to 7500rpmish (?)
>gets around 30 mpg
>handles like a dream
>sounds amazing
>cheap to buy
>easy to maintain
>reliable af
Only cause a car is slow doesn't make it less fun. Sometimes it can make it more. Love the car man, imma get one too preety soon. Keep doing you and keep lookin cool.

I-I will senpai.

Get one and take care of it, it will make you happy every time you jump in.

Probably have more carbon fiber on it than you have on your car too

lmao an actual bicycle? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would you spend so much on a bike? Not trolling, just curious. Also, the frame is titanium, right?

Yes literally one of my bicycles is worth more than your car. And I have 3 cars

>This moron actually spent 5 digits on a bicycle.

>and he's talking like he knows shit about cars.

Cleaner better welds, weight, component compatibility.

Aluminum bikes have a fatigue failure life, I also have a carbon frame bike but I can't thrash it as hard as I thrash this bike.

The frame weighs next to nothing and the bike is sub 9 pounds as a complete bike with cf wheels, cf fork, cf bars, cf seatpost

Mommy and daddy, and their black bull's cars don't count, lmao.

lol another Surrey jack

You ever bring this shitmobile to the Thursday night meets at Market Crossing?

Nah, I'm either busy with the wife, or at work and anti social most of the time. Car meets are always trouble but I might attend the 86 fest on Aug 6.

North Van represent da set, nigguh.

Yeah gonna need to do some solid welding git a few holes larger than my fist plus so much bog so idk what hidden beneath :'(

you're not missing anything. It's a giant fucking heatscore now that all the idiots show up.

North Van? y u no own white bmw?

Car guy 'normies', especially ones who are into jdm cars really like initial d. It's popular with people who wouldn't otherwise give anime a first look.

I had a k24 powered ej1 in 2009?

Nitrous and t3/t4

You can see pictures of it at the 2009 eibach meet in corona California

The honda-tech one, next to the hasport both

Ah, sorry to hear that, bro but check these guys out alfaparts.net/toycor.htm I know the Dorikaze guys always do group buys so they're trustworthy.

Because I'ma weeb, I might get an Altezza as a daily.

>K24 EJ1

'Mirin, I'd love a K20/24 swapped EF or EG hatch in white.

>Honda

lol, no wonder you hate 86s.

Yo! Coquitlam represent.

two different size wheels and tire profiles on an 86 that isnt a drag car is called heresy against the emperor

New West best west

I always thought the eg and EF hatches looked like shit. I like the ek though

Plus in 2009 an ej1 looked like an average car which was nice.

I have never seen a properly setup 86 ....never

I've seen clean s13/s14 but every 86 was a ricer be it initial d clone or a beat to shit junkyard rescue

Ehh, heresy, smeresy, nice NB doe, it was actually one of my choices before the 86. Was gonna get some rpf1s for it aswell, Hard Dog roll bar, suspension upgrades, and eventually an expensive CF hard top or a fastback one

So many BC fags here.

Since there are all these BC car lads here, get a load of this guy

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5542914860.html

pisses me right off

Way overpriced compared to what's out there, and the car is trash.

>vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5542914860.html
dat rust doe

I'm the complete opposite, the non hatchback Civics always looked boring to me but EKs are nice, CRXs and the 86 Accord hatch too lol. I like the EF for it's old school 80s Kanjo racer style.

My naghboor just got a B18 swapped EG hatch with a gutted rear and honestly, it looks fun.

In California, beat to shit SR5s and 86s are everywhere, even ones with 1UZ and F20C swaps are treated like drift sluts.

>vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5542914860.html

>sr5 rear end
>needs clutch
>rusted af
>messed up transmission

>"so if you think you're going to low ball me on rust I guess you'll never be DK :]"
>"I guess you'll never be DK :]"

You missed out, user, just a few days ago, sombody was selling a mint black hatch on CL.

But get a loaf of this little gem I found, SR20 swapped but the wheels look ugly as shit and it's overpriced, and we do not kn ow the condition of the engine, it's an finicky SR20.

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/5546927361.html

dude dude dude please tear that Cusco cage out, sell it to some ricer, and have somebody build you a real one. Cusco cages are seriously underbuilt and don't pass tech for any legitimate racing series, in fact they're often more dangerous than no cage at all.

I spent several years working for a track prep shop that specialized in cages, and we were absolutely appalled when we got to look at some Cuscos up close.

Oh, and if you want to do plastic windows, check out a material called Makrolon. It's cheaper than lexan and more scratch resistant.

I guess I'll never be DK

:'(

I know they're complete shit, no harness bar and it's bolt on so it'll probably rip out but I mostly keep it for alittle chassis stiffening.

Thanks for the tip.

Wow that looks really cool. Not for me though, 4AGE or nothing.

Been looking around CL about 2 years for one, going to be ready to buy in like 5 months cause I still need to make some more $$$. Pity I missed the black hatch though. Prefer coupe, but I wouldn't complain.

If I were to buy one out of the ones for sale right now, I'd get this one: vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5540839485.html
Burning oil is kinda worrisome though. Any tips when buying? I already know about all the rust stuff.

;(

It's a hot ticket too

;((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Am I effay?

100% senpai

Bolt-ins can actually be OK if they're well done, the problem with the Cusco is that it's weak at the most important stress points and in a crash/roll it could turn into a bunch of steel spears flying around the car.

Here's a bolt-in bar we developed for the Porsche 991, obviously this is way up at the top of bolt in bars, but they can definitely be good if done well. I'd swap it for an Autopower if nothing else, and there are enough guys in the hachi community that fap to Cusco that you could probably sell yours for enough to buy an AP.

The E21 is. You're not.

Good luck, I was also looking forever for one but if you come across one, do a compression test, listen for any knocking, make sure all gears work, pop the hood and inspect every nook and cranny for any damage (86 owners fix their own stuff so it won't show up on a Carfax), check the fenders and under the quarters for rust, if you can, have the car jacked and take a peek under, take a peek at the rear end to make sure it's not an SR5 (or spin a wheel and both should be spinning).

If there's a leaky distributor, you can fix it, make sure the alternator can hold a charge, the quarter windows will probably be leaking so have those resealed, and check all the hoses in the engine bay (I had an oil cooler line burst on my way home at 2am the day I bought it)

Thanks feller. Might post when I get one

Yeah, it doesn't look too solid compared to the 991 bar you guys developed but i'll check Autopower out, thanks!

Also, wanted to ask... What's your say on mileage? How much is too much? Does it not matter as long as it looks as it's been well maintained, restored, etc?

These are the really scary parts right here. Most forces in a cage are carried by the main hoop, and the diagonal bar is the key to its strength. In this setup you're relying on a single bolt to bear all of those forces, and then on top of that the legs are at a sharp angle so they can spread apart and collapse easily. You also want the diagonal bar to end above the driver's head, and since the Cusco is meant for JDM cars, what strength it has is all above the passenger's head, not the driver's.

Oh shit, I just realized that that's actually the rear legs and not the main hoop. I see now that the hoop has no diagonal bar at all, which is super sketch, it looks like it mounts unusually far forward too.

I can't find a pic of the Autopower in an AE86, but here's the 240SX version for comparison.

Hmm, honestly, I wouldn't know try the club4ag or Dorikaze forums, these guys know 4ages better than anyone else but I'd say beyond 250 000 KM is too much for me personally imo but that's just me. They can definitely take a thrashing though.

You weren't kidding about Autopower, this looks way safer than my other bar, I think about the same price too, it even has a harness bar.

Here's some more pics for reference but yeah, no diagonal bar in the hoop.

Too low for harness usually on auto power bars, auto power says it's a seat back support bracket (option) Harness bars are an extra $99.95

If you lace your harness to it it will compress your spine in an accident and do some damage

The optional seat bracket and harness bar are shown

I see, I thought that that harness bar would be the same height as the 2 holes in my seat.

Nope, don't let the show cars that lace them over then anchor to rear seat belt bracket fool you that's just for magazines

Thanks i will definitely check it out, only problem i have is that shipping might kill me cause im from Australia

A bit lower than the holes is fine, but yeah, some of the Autopower ones look pretty low. That's not true of all of their bars though, for example the E36 and E46 M3 ones have totally functional harness bars.

It's also worth noting that the really important thing is actually how the bar lines up with the driver's shoulders and not the holes themselves, so depending on seat there can be some serious variance in how the holes and bar line up. (Recaro seats tend to have higher holes than Sparco, for example.)

Here's a real cage I worked on, built to NASA specs, and you can see that the harness bar is a bit below the shoulder holes.

And here's the finished and installed version of the GT3 bar I posted earlier, again designed along series rules and vetted by very experienced engineers and fabricators. (Note that it's not actually series legal for anything because it's only a half cage, but it's designed as the back half of a full cage would be and could easily be expanded into a full one.)

Note that the Porsche harness holes are ridiculously high, and the seats sit pretty far up there as well, this bar is really designed for people with low-mount aftermarket seats. (Which are popular because the Porsche buckets actually kinda suck.)

Nice bars, senpai, you've been more helpful than Veeky Forums.

Why not cut your loses and get a cleaner one since you're closer to Japan?, maybe even an S15 Type R?

haha I've pretty much given up on Veeky Forums at this point. Every time I go on there it just turns into an argument with morons who read some bullshit on a forum or who are desperately trying to defend whatever shitty thing they purchased.

Ive gone too far to stop now hahahah plus dont have enough money to import, in Australia 86s are pretty rare and expensive, your car would sell around 20k here

They could have been Xavier Wulf fans

Normies don't listen to him

you aren't effay, but you are cool. stay cool dude

p sure sieg had an nsx, so he knows something at least
nsx's are a timeless classic, even if he probably has a used one

usdm *** fuck

Where does he get the money for titanium bikes and supercars?

Old NSX's didn't explode in value until recently when shit like 911 prices and E30 M3's pushed up everything else. Easily obtainable by an adult with a job.

As far as bikes, deals can be had, you just gotta watch.

i take back my origional statement, i like the ae86 because it has charactor, but i still think its kind of lame,
>e30 m3 has an unmatched racing history and is german made technology not some japanese peice of shit.
no comparrison