What the actual fuck. Look at Warhol's outfit. It's 1965. 51 years ago

What the actual fuck. Look at Warhol's outfit. It's 1965. 51 years ago.

youtu.be/Z8sptsjCk18

pretty cool fit desu thx for sharing. But in the end all the clothing he wore was around those times, he just wore all black

just goes to show how recycled all this "monochrome" "slp" bullshit is
it's been done before, and better. let's move on.

Holy shit.
What should I wear right now so people from 2067 think I'm Veeky Forums.

gasp, today OP learned that Veeky Forums isn't quite as innovate and cutting edge as he thought

this shit has been around forever dude, not just Warhol

Give examples.

Supposedly Warhol bought all his clothes at Brooks Brothers and then did stuff like wearing mismatched shoes and letting expensive pieces get all fucked up. Not my style, but pretty ballsy and original.

bait

Wait... do people really think that wearing all the same colour is this new concept that past generations would never have been able to pull off or something? IDGI this has probably been happening since people decided to wear clothes.

This and the bomber. You could totally see him in the subway without noticing. And we're talking about a man from the mad men era here.

OP's obviously pointing out the lightweight, minimal cut bomber and black skinnies, not the color scheme. fuck

Nobody is surprised that fashion is recycled, that's how it functions. Why should there be anything wrong with that? Not to mention we've had this exact thread with the exact same video before.

Even that is pretty old.

Theres nothing wrong with doing something that has been done. Anyway, most of the people here are concerned with personal fashion and arent designers. Who cares?

do you even know what slp means

>Even that is pretty old.
Stop talking out your ass. the MA-1 wasn't even produced until 1950 something and Warhol's is a clearly designer interpretation, not actual milsurp.

And the point is his entire fit is almost 100% on-trend today, the only thing mismatched are his chelseas - heidi's SLP has black bombers but it's not really the look - rather than MMM style gats or CPs. That's not something you find happening often. Yeah, yeah, we've all know "fashion is cyclical" but that doesn't mean you can just go find a 1:1 skinhead fit from 1910.

This video kind of cements the fact that warhol is a hack though

Same shit every 5 years

Someone pretends to be dark and artistic to sell shit to mindless fucks

Lady gaga of his time

Dude, I really don't know if you're kidding. I'm not saying Warhol wasn't on trend, but people were wearing monochromatic, slim fitting outfits in the 60s. If anything, his shoes should explain exactly what he's going for/where he's drawing from.

Good business man though. He pulled it off.

>people were wearing monochromatic, slim fitting outfits
Again, this isn't what OP was referencing. Were people wearing black, minimalist, lightweight MA-1 interpretations paired with a black top and very skinny black jeans? No. Yet that's an accurate description of a very common fit today.

>yfw in 51 years people will dress in yeezy

What's even more mind blowing is that Andy was nearing 40 in that clip, maybe its the picture quality but from the side he looks like a 2016 teenager,eerily.

Reminds me of the time traveling hipster pic that was going around a few years ago.

Again, people were wearing very skinny jeans and monochromatic outfits (you think this didn't happen in black?) and people have been doing milsurp forEVER (mod punks are a little later, but still an example for this argument I'd say given their influences were way different). The shoes say military inspired casual as well.

I'd forgotten how awful talk shows are. Thanks OP.

those aren't even close to skinny jeans bro

It's almost as if designers look to the past for influence and inspiration, who woulda thunk it?

It's almost as if certain cuts and colours are a staple

It's almost as if trends influence trends

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10

the neckbeard on the left lmao

holy shit this thread gave me cancer.

Reasons why Veeky Forums should deleted and faggots should just go to styleforum or reddit where'd they probably be ban hammered for this shit...

what a fucking autist

nice fit though, but besides some of his fits i don't get why hipsters see him as an example when he was such an fucking autist

He ripped off the whole world. When you're a broke art kid, that's pretty appealing.

that girl is a qt

he finessed the world

edie is a goddess

>"my kid could do that!" pleb detected

>tfw no edie sedgwick gf

jdimsa

When did the plastic jew become a thing?

look up The Velvet Underground man c'mon

Johnny " The Man in Black" Cash.

His style was quite conservative tho, even then.

except those fucking shoes of course, barf

>her smile and shekels: gone

why are british people so ugly?

those are two different people

no