Tfw still pissed off about the fact that my dad dressed me in pants that were over three sizes too big and too log...

>tfw still pissed off about the fact that my dad dressed me in pants that were over three sizes too big and too log throughout my entire childhood because "I'd grow in them", and when I finally did I got a new pair that was three sizes too big because the new ones were "too tight and gay"

childhood fashion general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjaTSAVmsfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know that feel, user. Same thing happened to me, with the reason:
>Don't worry, you'll wear it with a belt!

Except I didn't have any much belts but those cheap olive green pull-to-tighten ones that have to fit + match with school uniform pants
(No prizes for guessing which country I'm in).

I had to argue with my dad that some pants are suppose to fit and hang on their own without belts.

I ended up with pairs of jeans that were too loose to even wear. It's just awful.

>go -15

My parents used to buy me strictly bootcut jeans when i was a kid

Same. I honestly learned to pinroll jeans because of this. Its pretty ridiculous.

>used to be very conscious about looking 'girly'
>deem all of fashion girly
>always wearing big jeans, crewneck longsleeves with some bullshit writing like "PORTLAND EST. 1985" and hoodies
>literally my biggest concern when shopping for clothes was to have them look as toned down as possible, god forbid anything was flashy
>thought checkered shirts are fancy at 13
>wore them unbuttoned over graphic tees

must be the Veeky Forums class photo of 2014

when and why did humanity collectively forget how to dress themselves

around 1970

that is the when.

the why is that mass produced clothes produced in labor-cheap countries made clothes disposable to a historically unprecedented amount of the population. people no longer developed 'relationships' with their clothing, or put any thought into their clothing because they could afford to just toss it and buy the next new fad instead of devoting time and energy into developing a personal style.

basically fast-fashion killed good clothing.

jeuxvideo.com kek

There's certainly something to this, though even a lot of the wealthier people I know don't like to spend the money to get bespoke or made to measure like people in their station would have in the past. It's like how the percentage of income spent on food has steadily decreased in the first world. Now the idea of going back to spending the kind of money someone in the past would have spent seems outrageous.

Had to wear my brothers hand-me-downs even though I was a good foot shorter and a girl.

>be me, 5 years old
>first Halloween ever
>ask mom "can I have a costume famalam"
>"i gotchu sempai"
>we never went out and bought one
>getting increasingly suspicious
>still don't ask because I have faith in the woman who gave birth to me
>oct 31 morning arrives
>she presents to me a rainbow striped shirt, yellow shorts, and a hat
>all shit that had already been in my closet
>"you'll be a candy bar!"
>don't really buy it, but don't really know how kids normally dress up anyways
>arrive at school
>everyone's a power ranger, ninja, soldier, Batman, or something similarly badass
>utterly emotionally destroyed
>made it into the yearbook

Ever since then, I've always tried way too hard on Halloween.

Pic related, try to find me

heh me too. I finally fixed my clothing to decentcore around 15-16, three or four years too late compared to everyone else. Feels bad man.

heh I'm that brother

laughs on you, little sister

Jesus Christ user if you're the kid covering his face this is the saddest shit I've ever seen

glad this was way back though, thank god you weren't in high school

>heh

*hug*

at least you had a sick normcore fit

Fuck dude this was me.
> dad wears baggy clothes because he's a retired thug
>buys me baggy ass pants a size too big
>"these are too big"
>"no they're not. Wear a belt with them" or "you'll grow in to them"
>"I need a belt when I wear pants my actually size"
>"don't fucking wear them then"
My dad was also cheap so he used to buy my clothes from Wal Mart and k mart.

I was a chubby kid but this fucker would buy me 2x shirts and 36 waisted pants. I need a belt when I wear size 34 pants and I wear a large. I still haven't grown in to my clothes from middle school.

iktfb

what's decentcore ? post inspo

it's not a core lmfao maybe I used the word wrong

with decentcore I meant decent clothing. I just coordinated my colours properly and bought less gaudy faggoty shit

how new are you

legit 10/10

Damn....

>look a picture
>ignore the shopped heads, even if they probably look like shit with or without photoshop
>focus on jeans
>not a single pair fits properly

How ?

The late 90s early 00s

Iktf, same thing happened to me.
Was lucky I had some cool foreign neighbours that had children slightly older than me and gave us nice clothing.
Used to dress like shit until about 15yrs old.

That explains it.

Got any more recent (2013 +) picture of fashion mistakes ? I'm very insecure and it makes me feel better about myself.

Look up drop crotch joggers with Jordan's. Eughhh

le 15-18 plante son drapeau

blabla moins de 15 bebe represente

I rlly kekd

If you had to be one of these guys which one would it be? Hard mode: you must wear their outfits as well

Top kek that's a meet up of the french forum 15-18

so cute

I used to dress like a wannabe cholo in the middle school. Southpole and shit. Gross.
Santa hat guy.

This pic was taken in the late 00's though.

How late? Jncos didn't really exist in pop culture. Late 00's brought skinny fitting jeans into the mainstream.

Meant to say weren't really pop culture around that time.

2008-2009
It's not a style, it's just people dressing bad. This picture is from a french forum full of unpopular guys.

Ah that makes more sense. Did jncos not die out in France for a while or are they just super out of touch kids?

This. They're like the french Veeky Forums, but with censorship.

Jncos were never a thing in France. Just baggy jeans.
Here's another one.

youtube.com/watch?v=BjaTSAVmsfM

>2015
This is sad.

You still haven't grown into them? So you're under 18? MODS MODS MODS

thanks for sharing the pic user that totally made it

CACA

>wore nothing but early hip-hop gear like Phat Farm, Roca Wear, Ecko, Sean John, Enyce, Jordan, Mecca, etc
>velour tracksuits
>match my shirts and hats
>tons of baby blue
>kept my entire wardrobe even after those styles went extinct
>start wearing it ironically again 10 years later

same here user, had both navy blue and olive green ones for different uniforms

Do you live in Chapel Hill? Because everyone wears baby blue here.

I turned 18 in January. Nice try though.

look at the chads laughing at the nerds
höhö

French Michael Cera.