Fatshion

I've read in several places that literally anything will look good on a slender frame -- so, when we appreciate a good fit, is it because the clothes are objectively nice and well coordinated, or is it because they are being worn by someone thin?

Is "fatshion" a thing?

That's only marginally true. A shitty outfit will look better on an attractive, fit/thin person than on an unattractive, overweight person, but it'll still be a shitty outfit.

her legs are on backwards, wtf

Clothes are designed for thin people, I think you can design clothes that look good on fat people but I think that's more difficult, thin people have similar proportions but fat people are fat in different ways so if a fat person wants to look decent in clothes they have to make clothes specifically for them

the point is that a fit that would be considered shitty on a fat person might be considered really good on a thinner person

I was considering posting something similar. Im someone interested in fashion from design and functional aspects, not really trends, which is fine.

I think its very easy to be fashionable when designers are designing with a thin frame in mind and you wanna dress directly off the mannequin. However, i think theres still a lot of merit in knowing how to dress for your body, and i dont mean in the sense of wearing strictly black, boring cuts and shit.

To be a little more forward, basically i feel if most of the people on Veeky Forums werent ex-weebs being bombarded with ysl, thinspo and their own anxieties rooted in high school bullying they could do a lot better. And i also think if designers offered more cuts that were interesting on fat people currently it would be helpful.

If you think about it, a lot of the cultures where Veeky Forumss current favorite designers have fat people who are/were considered fashionable. I mean even in european fashion history there was a time it wasnt all that hard to be fat and fashionable if you knew what you were doing.

Tldr:ya theres just a lot of laziness and trauma in fashion.

I also meant to say that there are a lot of designers designing for Veeky Forums people and super thin people look real bad in it too, but better cuts could easily change that.

visa versa too, technically

What do you mean? I don't think there is anything "fashionable" that is better suited to a fat body

speaking high-fashion, you're right
but there's still some things which look on fat people better than on thin ones
double breasted suit is the only thing off the top of my head, there must be more tho

I don't think designers should design clothes for fat people, there's no point on doing that. fat people should just lose weight (no, they don't have to be anorexic) if they want to wear nice clothes (or they can go full Yohji).

yeah im pretty confused about it too

Tbh yohji loose businesswear type shit would be really sick on a fat person. Yakuza boss/warlord aesthetic.

>

But not a fat person like op's picture, just overweight, not obese.

Thats silly. If theres clearly a market hows there no point.

No, that's not what I said. It would merely be less shitty.

Great =/= Improvement

Because there shouldn't be a market, why should fat people care about clothes? they should focus on losing weight, it is not impossible and it is healthier than being fat. If they really care about clothes they should be thin or fit.

holy shit the left picture man wtf

>hates the 50s and the social attitudes toward women, patriarchy, fatness etc

>dresses like the 50s ideal of everything she purports to hate

I mean it's definitely possible for a fit to look legitimately worse on a fat person; e.g. a tight crop top and leggings looks good (if basic) on a thin girl, but would look grotesque on the woman in OP's pic.