Looking for an automatic watch

Hey FA

Ausfag here looking at getting an automatic watch.

Initially I wanted the Junkers 606 but found out the miyota movement was horrible and made noise constantly. The Junghans Max Bill is still a very viable option just dont know where to get on retail here.

Another watch that has been recommended and I believe is actually really nice is the Tissot Visodate. What do you guys think of this watch? Any experiences with it? Any alternatives? I would also be interested in a good quality diver or chrono - anything under $1,000 AUD.

Appreciate the help!

for the price the ETA movement is good i guess..

whats their price range>?

Daniel wellington, automatic is dead m8 they need to be wound up, mantience, cost more and and are more fragile

when will this meme die

Newfag here. What is the kind of watch that u don't have to re-adjust every fucking morning?

watch out for that mantience

basicallly all automatic watches will go through the night without use as they usually have a 1 day or more power reserve

I thought watches were supposed to las years without use.. what is that type called?

>tfw skinny wrists
>anything above 45mm will look shit

why would you go years without wearing your watches? why even buy one then? just go to Wal-Mart or whatever and buy a Timex ffs

>wearing a watch greater than 42mm in diameter

So lets say u have six watches.. u will end up not using one for more than a day, and have to wind it.. thats some fuckshit if u ask me

kill yourself
I find the routine relaxing, like lacing your boots every morning

>what is a watch winder?

>he fell for the "pay 200 dollars for a 2 dollar watch" meme

>shitposting about and with DW yet again

i heard Longiness watches are pretty inexpensive these days

most automatic watches including $50 seiko 5's have 48 power reserve, which means after friday night, theoretically your watch still should have some power and keep its time on sunday morning. If by readjusting you meant correcting time, all watches loose or gain time, accredited chronometers are within -4/+6s a day range, although i can guarantee myself that eta's 2428-2 will loose only 1.5s a day and its very cheap to buy - see hamiltons, steinharts, stowas, some junkers/zeppelins etc.

if you dont throw them off the bride, ride over them in a car or set alight, most mechanicals wont ask for any maintenance at all. Only brands from the top shelf require once-a-year maintenance just for the sake of COSC certificate and warranty.

this guy has a history of picking out notoriously unreliable and low quality watches

>

Fuck I'm retarded

let me save everyone the trouble of going to /g/'s watch thread:

>muh seiko

your welcome

/g/ is so weird they obsess about things that people just buy and use....being "into cellphones" is not a hobby

Veeky Forums is so weird they obsess about things that people just buy and wear....being "into clothes" is not a hobby

Anything can be a hobby.

>tfw shitposting is my favorite hobby

the thing is we buy clothes that the majority of the population can't afford

it's not like we;re obsessing about something everyone owns....

maybe those teens who obsess over nikes but thats a very small percentage of Veeky Forums

Basically yes but I wouldn't put that on my resume

Ah yes, the price is why we're into it. Phones can then be someone's hobby if they cost enough.

/g/ approves that watch. Here's the rest of the guide.