I've been lurking this board forever, I mostly hang out over at POL

I've been lurking this board forever, I mostly hang out over at POL.

Call me newfag or whatever, but I never have anything to say here even though I work heavily in the fashion industry. People don't talk about trends, they don't predict trends, they don't talk about what is selling right now, they don't talk about new designers, and they don't talk about how large portions of the fashion industry works. It feels like mostly, general tips I agree with to dress well and a lot of russian hate / hot girls. Both those things are alright, but I'd love to actually talk about /fa

lmao dudde

i have no clue what you are trying to say
this doesnt make sense at all

Sorry if I was unclear.

I mean to say, this board doesn't seem to be about fashion at all, besides the most broad watered down sense.

Is there some overarching joke here I don't understand?

Or is this just about posting our thin girlfriends and the same jokes as all the other boards?

I agree its just full of poor people now too as well. I just see the same 5 meme items circle fucked over and over again

oh right, now i get it
its kinda true for the most part
but every now and then there are good threads about fashion week, designers, industry etc
theres also stuff like ROG which is decent
most of the actual fashionable users will only stay here for those threads or just not bother coming here and get involved with the actual fashion industry irl because this board is so shit most of the time

I'm glad at least someone gets me. Its okay to be poor, many styles emerge for low income looks. Fashion is just a lot more then "What matches these tights" and "who likes white shoes?".

And those are the most relevant posts.

OP you seem to be making the assumption that talking about fashion is talking about fashion trends and sales

Even so, Veeky Forums is fashion shitposting like how any Veeky Forums board is its respective topic and shitposting with your occasional person who knows a thing or two about fashion. Veeky Forums boards are generally less of a board for insider people but for enthusiasts

The problem is, at least in the PNW, most designers are very isolated in their cliches. Sure every time I talk to them I have something to say to them, but they have nothing to say to me (besides "think you can sell this wholesale?").

Places like reddit and forums are the worst of the worst. Working in the fashion industry you work with some of the least talented people (besides designers and stylists) you've ever met. Even designers are laughable a lot of the time.

I disagree, the /VG has enthusiasts.
This just has people who aren't sure about what jacket is the most white.

I think you misunderstood me. I said Veeky Forums is for enthusiasts and not insiders. Sure you have some insiders but they tend to be less than a percent of the board's population. Its just that the nature of the site promotes enthusiasts to shitpost.

I agree with you though that most people here are in it just to look good/trendy as it's another misconception most people have with being interested in fashion.

Veeky Forums generally follows most of the more popular fashion designers who generally have a lot to say about fashion, i can imagine it isnt the same talking to lesser known designers who dont have such a large position or background in the industry
but this board is mostly full of consumers anyway and not nearly as many producers or contributors, it is much harder to get your foot in the fashion industry than say something like producing your own music at home

Yeah I probably did misunderstand.

There is kind of a base level when talking about fashion that people understand- more broadly talked about as "style tribes" and on a personal level having a "look". I've yet to even hear anything about that. And its mostly the most generic normcore talk imaginable.

I've never heard of any designer past Kanye and cheap shoe/hat brands.

On my level, fashion can encompass photography, marketing, design theory, look cultivation, and many many other realms. I just hoping to hear there is more then just teenagers looking for normcore advice.

I'd blame forums with wider appeal like mfa for this type of misunderstanding w.r.t. fashion

Fucking reddit

if warosu was up id show you an example of a good thread
theres an rog right now though
even something like this is better than your typical shit

Yeah that is a much better post.

warosu - is that a mod? The biggest problem I feel here is a lack of Mod intervention to even try to drive the topics. I mean this thread right now is above a "Is being depressed/suicidal effay?" thread.

warosu is the archive

the fashion and expression is a great thread to look for

warosu is the archive
but yeah, the is x effay threads are usually just people looking for an excuse to discuss off topic shit with a group of likeminded people on Veeky Forums rather than the people on that topic's board

the actual fashion discussion on Veeky Forums is pretty weak, but its not absent

My thought it mostly, should I even bother posting here? I want to guide every topic to be about fashion, or my opinions on it. If that is not what people want I should just not come. I don't want to wait around for a meaningful thread to come up.

a lot of the old people on here who used to promote good discussion just left and moved into the real world after being tired of the dumb shit you inherently will find on a japanese anime imageboard
it wouldnt be a bad move desu
the people who know what their doing dont really need the stupid shit this board has to offer like cop or not, waywt etc

its gotten worse over the last couple years
the regulars/trips here left so its more and more of the people who are new to fashion
my belief is memes and millennials took over but what do I know

Yeah, I'm stuck with my real world connections. I just want there to be more.

Everywhere on the internet is just toxic and awful. Gets overrun by idiots asking what the color white is and by people trying to sell stuff to people in the industry. No public forum has any real moderation- meaning places like black hat world are far better places to talk about stuff than any fashion forum.

if you actually want to put that much effort into improving a shitty Veeky Forums board, i would certainly appreciate it and i doubt i'd be the only one
actual discussion is always important, regardless of the opinions expressed

How do you do that with out locking the suicide post and telling him to go to /b or /lgbt ? the garbage will keep engaging.