Skincare General. Shaving edition

Skincare General. Shaving edition.

What do you guys use to shave?

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

FAQ:
General Guide: hastebin.com/raw/wojuyazibo
Dark circles: pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants, and synthetic detergents: pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Popping pimples: pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf
Skin tone and diet: hastebin.com/raw/ehesotajaf
Causes of acne: pastebin.com/tudaKWmN

Daily reminder you're beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
amazon.com/dp/B003YMJJSK/
amazon.com/dp/B000YJ2SLG/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>PIH since last year
>Vitamin C serum, AHA and hydroquinone near daily
>still have PIH

ENOUGH

iktf

Broke out HORRIBLY on my cheeks earlier this year and while I haven't had a single cyst since, I still have some highly noticeable and dark red nearing-on-purple PIH on my left cheekbone.

It looks exactly the same as it did 3 months ago. It's completely smooth with no scarring but the redness WONT FUCKING FADE

>I washed my face until it bleed last week.

>I had to miss castings for 3 weeks becuase of this

>fashion week casting starts next month and I'm currently between agencies

I used Benzoyl Peroxide on a pimple about two months ago and it's left this reddish mark (I'm assuming it's PIH). Then another one came in to the side of it and left a blacker colored mark.

What's a good way to fade/remove these?

Try sheet masks and shark sauce user, it works great for me. Also, put on sunscreen errday

Post face modelbro

Vitamin C serum is generally the go-to suggestion

Has anyone tried melanotan II? My family has a history of skin cancer, I live in Australia and have fairly pale skin. My chance of skin cancer based on genetics and location is pretty high coupled with the fact that I have mild Rosacea that flairs up in the sun even with sunscreen makes this seem worth researching. A lot of people have reported that melanotan II has lessened their Rosacea.

to fade PIH, also use sunscreen and stay out of the sun in general.

>7/10 front
>1/10 profile

This is what my cheek looks like. End me lads.

My skin is a little like this, How can I have the smooth soft skin of a 13 year old girl?

become this guy

How to get rid of this crap? Most of my face cleared up from the routine I started a while ago but this shit keeps coming back.

Looks like fucking ingrown hair. Stop shaving there, or stop shaving so close.

I use water and el-cheapo razors.

Nahh not ingrown, atleast I don't think so since I've never experienced it. I just shave all the sides off, but I'm talking about the spots.

that's an obsolete version of the FAQ.
here's the new one:

---
Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, masturbation, controversial skincare ingredients

---

CHEERS,

S

>take Accutane
>scalp is somewhat okay
>stop taking Accutane
>scalp looks like that after two weeks

WHAT DO

My nose is COVERED with sebaceous filaments. Is there anything I can do to make them look not as bad//remove them??

pls help

Please note:

Postinflammatory = A condition that arises after an inflammation (often in a certain area). The damage is often generally caused by the past inflammation. Inflammatory acne, when you get red/swollen/painful pimples, is a common cause for postinflammatory skincare conditions.

PIH = Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation means that there is a local excess of skin pigments (melanin). Pigmented spots have a dark brown color. The dark spots can last for weeks to years.

PIE = Postinflammatory erythema. Erythema is redness of the skin. The redness is generally caused by tiny superficial blood vessels that for some reason have been dilated or have gotten an increased blood flow. PIE are the red spots you get after acne. After inflammatory acne, the skin can be excessively red in some spots for weeks - up to years.

---
If you have any of them:
Protect your skin from sun damage using a +50 SPF sunscreen (with UVA protection: +3/5 stars). This is especially important for PIH. Both issues will fade in time (months, years), to some extent, if you do not irritate the area through more acne or sun exposure.

If you have PIH:
Your treatments options depend mainly on how much your skin has been pigmented, and the depth of the pigmentation. For superficial pigmentation, you'll might be able to make your spots brighter by applying things like hydroquinone, vitamin C serums, and retinoids.
For deeper pigmentation, try pulsed dye laser, chemical peels, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.

If you have PIE:
Time + sunscreen will fade it.
For more active treatments: consider silicone sheeting, pulsed dye laser, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.

I made a graphic to make it easier for you guys to easily spot the difference between the two.

I hope all this will help some of you.

Never get Aztec clay. Shit is a meme

grow hair

lmao fuck no

My beard is balding. What should i do?

I wet shave (both face and pubes) using a straight razor. For soap, I use Barista & Mann Sandalwood.

Shave before or after shower?

cerave hydrating cleanser

cerave moisturiser spf 30

exfoliate with medik8 cream cleanse 3-4 times a week.

Based as fuck. Thank you man.

>Time + sunscreen will fade it.
So sunscreen and being out in the sun will help? I was on isotretinoin a few years back(~3 years) and I still have red marks, mostly on my forehead and between my eyebrows. I'm also awfully pale so that probably makes it more obvious, but will getting a slight tan help with it?

would it just be better to wax my 'neckbeard' than to shave it

>So sunscreen and being out in the sun will help

no, waiting for your skin to heal and protecting it from sun by not tanning and also using sunscreen.
but getting a light tan will probably make you look better though. you'll probably "profit" from tanning some to even your skin tone out a bit, even though it might hurt the red spots a little

Had no idea. Good to know.

Thanks senpai

after
the skin is warm, moisturized, and supple then

Cosrx BHA blackhead power liquid, washing with an oil cleaner can help them slip out too.

Dammit. I just feel like this shit looks the same as when I was done with the treatment. And of course being this fucking pale, it really just makes me look like shit being both pale and having the redness. What a total fucking pain in the ass. Would the redness be worse, or just the same, if I got somewhat of a tan and then of course later on lost the tan?

Cleanser, look at Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil

>why I comment filter "meme"

Using something with BHA or AHA can help with cell turnover and reduce redness, check out wishtrend.com

How long does it usually take for 20% Vitamin C to fade marks?

good for oily skin?

it took me 3 months for my PIH. i still have some but they're of a significantly lighter shade

The fuck, how does one make his skin bleed?

>cut out most of my diary and meat consumption
>drink at least 80oz water per day
>lift 3x week
>stop touching/picking at face
>rinse face with cold water 2x day
>change pillowcase every week
>clear healthy skin

I get an acasional pimple here and there but lifestyle changes can make a massive change to your skin. The only thing I wash my skin with is Dr. Bronners. Haven't ever used lotion/moisturizers or anything. In my experience many of these products end up shocking my skin and doing more damage.

theres only two actual non-placebo ways to get rid of acne

the first is to grow the fuck up out of puberty
the second is mother fucking Isotretinoin, in which case LMAO enjoy your horrific side effects

exercise. improves circulation to most parts of the body. gets rid of toxins and nasty shit faster. warm up and stretching will accelerate the process a great deal. warm bath after sore; drink water. drink water. drink water.

stop shaving with inferior products. fuck your electric shaver. fuck your Gillette. it costs more money to buy a disposable than a double edge with shaving soap and boar brush in the long run. only thing you need to buy after initial purchase is double-edge razer blades (100 pack = 10 dollars on amazon). and your choice of soap,

use a double edge with some shaving soap and badger brush. use aftershave and hydrate skin.

first pass: shave with the grain
second pass: diagonal
third pass (optional): perpendicular

highly do not recommend going against the grain. in-grown hair.

please apply lather every time. never shave without lather. don't use shaving cream. pls

wash your pillow cover.

dont touch your face with dirty hands.

wash your face with mildly hot water; opens up pores and you wash out the grime. wash your face with cold water; closes pores so that it doesn't get filled with bullshit.

don't use soap that dehydrates; ends up having pimple minefield. I tend to just skip soap most of the time unless I have dirt/oil smudges.

hydrate with your choice of lotion. drink water. fucking lift/exercise.

sleep properly. fuck your dark circles.

DON'T FUCKING POP THEM. let them go their natural way. if serious, go to a professional. you'll probably fuck your face up again if you don't go thru proper sanitation procedures.

start shaving breh

depends. if you shave after and the bathroom's ambient temp is cold and you take your time shaving esp. naked, no bueno in my experience. if it is warm, follow this user's advicemy life tbqhf except the part with dr.B
johnsonjohnson baby lotion's fine.

My barber shaves me thats the thing. I've never really shaved my face myself.

I do change my pillow often.

gotta start gym, I'm not fat though but i'm losing the gains i made prior.

I did pop some white heads and a kinda boil i had and it helped clear up my face.

my routine is:
AM

Wash face with baby shampoo (heard is works wonders)

Cetaphil

Cerave or nivea express hydration

PM
Wash face with baby shampoo

Cetaphil (leave for a few seconds before washing off)

Cerave moisturizing cream OR Nivea night cream.

Any face soap, shaving equip you can recommend I buy? Preferably on the cheaper side.

True dat.

Isotreti got rid of most of my shit, but DAMN the side effects boy. We're talking long-term isotreti here. Mood wings out of the ass, soreness at every muscle, dizziness / nausea, i'm FUCKED UP.

But at lest it work so heh.

>True dat
>DAMN
>my shit
>boy
>out of the ass
>FUCKED UP
>lest

back to /bhg/

P-pigfuck ?

>believing amazon reviews

Universal acclaim, my man.

are these any good? my face isn't that bad, but i definitely would like it to be clearer/cleaner. lots of blackheads on my nose, and some acne on me cheeks
amazon.com/dp/B003YMJJSK/
amazon.com/dp/B000YJ2SLG/

Instead of putting moisturizer all over my body i use this, it leaves my whole body and face really soft but idk if its bad for me.

well
it contains moisturizing ingredients so you actually are putting moisturizer on your body

Should i be using it on my face?

yeah u should be fine breh

Daily reminder that if you've tried everything and you skin still isn't getting better, double your water intake.

ok dingdongs

let me hear some accutane success or horror stories. i'm just about ready to take the plunge and need someone to push me over the edge.

Current reggie is CeraVe cleanser, paula's choice exfoliator and BP, CeraVe moisturizer, and an alcohol-free toner from CVS. Mornings go cleanse, tone, moisturize. evenings are cleanse, tone, exfoliate (2-3/week), BH, moisturize.

bumpan

>wash your face with mildly hot water; opens up pores and you wash out the grime. wash your face with cold water; closes pores
And your opinion is going into trash.

2 months of 30mg a day in, and I can't tell if my eyes are just super dry or I'm feeling really heavy depersonalization all the time

I overthink a lot and really bad anxiety runs in my family, so it's probably just that

Plus casual drug (weed, adderall) + tobacco has only made it worse it seems like.

My face has cleared up like crazy. It's simply remarkable.
Otherwise I've had really bad scarring at the center of my chest and all over my back for some time and it's dimming/fading really well with no pimples or bloody pus ball motherfuckers in sight.

probably a good idea to set your life to chill the fuck out mode before going in, by the way.

anyone?

Was on 10mg/day for 6 months and everything cleared up even scars on my back. Now even 2 years later I rarely get anything. Had only mild acne so I can't talk for worse cases.. Take it as a shill but go to a derm before taking it

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm graduating college this week, so I don't know if that's the perfect time or the worst time possible. But I'm hoping to be an actor, and I just can't abide the horrible skin anymore. It's really going to affect my chances of getting work. I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on it. The IBS/IBD/Crohn's stuff is all bullshit, right?

Read FAQ and change your routine accordingly. Get pic related for shaving, its great.

you need to be gentle with your skin bro. the more you do to it the more it's gonna break out man

I take Accutane since three years now.

Apparently you aren't supposed to take it more than X months, but in my case only a long-term (low dosage) treatment seems to work. If i stop taking it, acne comes back full force in a form of folliculitis No escape.

I got every "light" side-effects imaginable. Tired, skin dry and pale as fuck, soreness, mood swings, eyes very sensible to light, dizziness, you name it. The whole wagon.

But at least it works, my acne is pretty much under control. Still get occasional breakouts here and there.

im gonna start using benzoyl peroxide, anything i should know? i only know it will fuck any cloth it touches

Anyone here use tea tree oil for spot treatment? I just started today, diluted it to 1 part oil 9 parts witch hazel, is that too weak?

I do and it works really well.

I mix a tablespoon of Olive Oil and about 10-15 drops of TTO.

Do I put Vitamin C on before or after Tea Tree Oil?

Don't bother getting anything past 2.5% concentration. 10% is not 4x better by any stretch of the imagination; BP's effectiveness isn't really increased after 2.5

Start off doing it once every other day before moving to once a day if that's what you're going to do. You might notice a little peeling or redness at first. Make sure to moisturize, and if it's painful, then reduce the frequency of treatment. It might help to start off by mixing half BP and half moisturizer, then applying it to your whole face before moisturizing a second time.

All I'm doing at the moment is cold showers in the morning followed by a moisturizer/UV protection lotion and that's it. Ditched the cleaner as it felt like it just dried my skin.

vitamin c before

I sanded some old raised self harm scars any with one of these sandpaper foot scrubbers. It worked pretty well. Right now im treating it with zinc ointment. Anything else you guys recommend to make the scars less noticeable?

What do you use it for?

how did u get cut so much? cat attack?

are you a guy?

how about laser scar removal for one and not doing some stupid shit with sandpaper

try reading it again

I used to have a Falcon named Hyperion. Everyone said it was stupid that i kept him because he wouldn't land on gloves, but as far as Im concerned I'm just glad I could save him from being put down

lol

It's a natural antiseptic so I use it for pimples, but it's also pretty good for blackheads too.

Sometimes I like to put on a honey mask for about half an hour at night before washing it off.

Should I do that at the end of my routine before moisturizer, or before my essential oils?

>
are u me

use birth control, it seriously helps with acne

But where would you recommend putting it in a routine?

how do people us moisterizer without their skin breaking out?

Just take the pill once a day, I don't think it matters when exactly.

b

What order to use skincare products in?

that's not his opinion, its a fucking fact, you fucking faggot. go wash your face your dickprick acne fucker.

dont shave anything on your body m8
>i used to shave everything
>found out girls think its gay
>didnt care
>its okay if your gay.

what i mean to say is, life is so much easier if you just let everything grow naturally.

as for the face, i never get pimples, my skin genetics are rediculous, ive always been lucky with this.

>found out girls think its gay

Girls base their preferences entirely upon how attracted they are to the guy. If you showed them a 10/10 supermodel with washboard abs who shaved his chest they're literally not going to care whatsoever.

Guy here. Seconding this question.

very good point senpai, i should have made that clear desu.

& maybe thats why they were still on my dick ;)

After I put on my Vitamin C serum (C20) it gets really sticky and leaves a noticeable film.

How can I get this residue to stop? I use a very little amount as it is.

then only use it in the evening