Did ancient African civilisations achieve things on par with other ancient civilisations?

Did ancient African civilisations achieve things on par with other ancient civilisations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanishakheto
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, the Persian scholar Mani put ancient Axum on the same standing as Rome, Persia and China

East africa existed, so yes. Ancient africa had respectable civilizations.

Black Africans 2300 years ago

>purposely choosing the best pictures from Rome and Greece
>choosing a shitty one for Iran even though you could have used Pyramids of Giza for Egypt which is like 5000 years old or some shit

I should also mention they were destroyed by a European explorer who blew the tops off looking for treasure. He found none, but he still blew up nearly every single one

west africa hade some pretty cool civilizations too

The Italian guy actually found something

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanishakheto

Not really no. Nothing comparable to Rome, Persia, or China at any rate.

Yea he blew up 30 Pyramids for a bracelet
They intentionally didnt bury treasure inside them to avoid this

Italians are fucking retarded

Say it to my face, and see what happens.

He found like a couple kickass bracelets though, and he made mad dosh on them

Giusepppe: 1
Cucks: 0

>Purposely build your pyraminds so Italians won't blow them up looking for treasure
>they do it anyway
Fucking Italians

Benin, Mali, all North Africa, Ethiopia/Nubia, and so on; all were on the level of other "ancient" civilisations. The Dutch went full jungle fever over Benin, the King of Mali was so insanely rich he fucked up the North African economy, North Africa is North Africa, Ethiopia is the subject of Greek epics for a reason.

lmao fucking giuseppe

I would but I would die from the smell if I got that close.

ancient egytians and medieval north african civilization are relevant and very famous

not exactly "african" though do they?

WE WUZ KANGS N SHIEEET PAY DEM REPARATIONS WHITEY OOGA BOOGA

Benin and Mali are not ancient though. And they were not so great. That malian king was not rich, he just had a lot of gold. European and Asian kings lived in more luxury.

Ethiopia maybe but not West Africa. No amount of whining by SJWs can make me think they were capable of building something like the great wall of China if they wanted to or believe that the mud brick buildings in Timbuctu are on par with the Taj Mahal. This doesn't make them inferior, they just lacked the economic resources. However the quality of their art was very good.

Going to redefine what it is to be rich now?

>Benin and Mali are not ancient though
OP used a pic from 1'000 years ago.
>And they were not so great
Europeans in general fucking loved crafts from Benin, and -- as I said -- the Dutch went full Africaboo over them.

>That malian king was not rich, he just had a lot of gold
Are we talking, like, spiritually rich, then?

Today, I discovered I am richer than than any robber baron.

Having a lot of gold is like having a lot of currency units. It doesn't mean you're rich, it never did.
If the currency unit has a very small value, if it's not accepted by merchants, or if there is not much to buy, then your millions are not worth much.
Same for gold. If you have a lot of mines and then a lot of gold, but little in the way of craftsmen, technology, merchants... Then you might as well give it away, which is what that king did.
Same for the people he gave it to. In Cairo a lot of people suddenly had gold : but they did not become rich because the value of that gold had dropped when its scarcity dropped.

Why didn't you use the image of Bam or Derbent fortress for Iran/Persia?

"""""Black"""" African.

They had dark skin. But they were not negroid.

user, the mass mining and working of gold itself implies richness.

That's not Egypt.

we should blow up his tomb, see how he likes it

viva la Bam!

They were Negroids and Black. Whatever the fuck you think Negroid is anyway.

Of course

Nubia

Egypt

Axum

Carthage

All respected

>Nubia
Arabs
>Egypt
Arabs
>Axum
Wow more arabs
>Carthage
African

arabs

0/10 bait. There were no Arabs in Africa until the islamic conquest.

You know where is Africa right ?

>Everybody who disagree with me is dumb

Yes. Do you know where Arabs lived right?

Induring people get baited by this

Wrong. Nubians are mixed Arabs. Egyptians are genetically the same as modern day Arabs in Egypt. Axum and Ethiopia in general was colonized by Semites. And the Carthaginians are genetically the same as the inhabitants in North Africa (Arabs).

Just acept that your monkey pets are dumb fucks that can't build but a mud hut

Are you using "Arab" as a synonym for "Semite"? Are you literally this fucking retarded?

>Egyptians are genetically the same as modern day Arabs in Egypt
le twitter face

they aren't genetically arabs, only culturally. the islamic conquest didn't wipe out the native populations

Yes, obviously. And the fact that people keep asking this is proof positive that /pol/ cancer is ruining this board.

Egypt? Carthage?

You called the Noba people Arabs. You are dumb.

Because they breed like rats don't mean they where the ones that build the empires they destroy

I see faggots in the future saying that Africans build Sweden's churches because they outbreed their country

Yes you're right, the Noba people (Nubians) didn't build the Kingdom of Kush, with its pyramids, temples, and great cities lasting over 1000 years. That was the Kushites, who were black, African, and not Arabs.

Shieeeeet whitey u rite we wuz kangs n shieeet and we build empires n shit now pay dem reparations

nubia isnt even in egypt you colossal fuckwit, it's modern day sudan
you're making /pol/ look even worse than it is

hate nogs as you please but at least leave out the ones with actual accomplishments, mmkay?

You have clearly lost. Beyond that, you don't even know what the Kushite Kingdom is or what is being spoken about. Go back to /pol/

Still that ape's ancestor didn't build nothing more than a basic spear

not even a mudhut

Do these KANGZ look white to you?

Not white nor black but these niggers can go back

Who else lives in Southern Arabia? The Arabs who live in Yemen/Oman are Semitic speakers.

Maybe not exactly but they're close. Remember that "Arab" is a pan ethnic term and the people in Egypt and The Levant are merely Arabized as in speaking the language. The modern day Egyptians along with Copts are the descendants.

What does Arab mean to you? You mean just Gulf Arab?

They are black, those are black people. You probably think it's Ancient Egypt. It's not.

>Arabs having any relevance before the 7th century AD

They did have a good incense business going on though.

carthage, ptolemaic & roman egypt and pagan egypt were the only relevant nations on the continent of africa (and aside from rhodesia and apartheid south africa, they're still the only relevant ones)

>Here's some African civilizations
>No I mean nigger Africans not Egyptians or Carthaginians etc

Someone give me examples of per-medieval (

Arab is a culture, not a race.

If by african you mean black, there's just aksum Ethiopia and different "nubian" kingdoms in Sudan to be honest.

Aksum and Nubia. The rest of sub-Saharan Africa had basically no contact with the outside world before 600 AD so civilization never spread or arose there until later.

>China, 1800 years ago
That's the fucking Ming Dynasty wall, it's less than 500 years old you numbnut.

>Iran, 1000 years ago
That mosque is clearly Egyptian and less than 700 years old.

Idiot.

Already knew about those. Should have specified West/Central/Southern Africa.

But thanks!

Well, like I said there wasn't any real civilization in the isolated parts of Africa at that time. Though, while not a civilization, the Nok culture in Nigeria around 500 BC - 200 AD is pretty interesting for its art. Also Ghana supposedly has its origins around 300 AD, though I doubt it could be called a civilization until much later.

Hush

Let the /pol/fag compare the worst of one thing with the best of another

Does /pol/ not know that white people are apes too? Even if you think niggers are a different species (they aren't) all hominids are apes

He's sayin Sudanese are caucasoid, which some kind of are.

Are you fucking retarded

>getting this buttblasted
>implying OP is the one who made the picture

I thought the people around Ghana just found a massive amount of gold and paid Arabs to come in and build their cities

WE

WUZ

>implying OP is the one who made the picture
So it was you.

You fucking idiot. If you can't tell left from right, up from down or Iran from Egypt, what makes you think can come on here into this place and act like you have a functional brain? That's dishonest. It's a crime.

Don't you talk to me like that you piece of shit. You're an ant. A maggot.

You don't belong here. You don't belong anywhere. You garbage monkey, you piss juggler.

Know your place.

Idiot.

Rock hewn churches in Ethernopia.

WE WUZ

>calling axum arabs instead of jews
missed a good chance

BLEACHED

axum, egypt, nubia great zimbabwe

u got your ass handed to you in ww1. Should have died along with the roman empire

We already have.
1. The Kushite Kingdom
2. The Axumite Kingdom
The modern population is considerably different to that of 2300 years ago. Though places like Egypt and North Africa suffered relatively little population changes in terms of Genetics, the ancient Sudans were almost entirely driven out. Once their kingdom collapsed they mostly left, the rest were finished off by invaders.

Funny thing is the Ethiopian kingdoms actually were led by kings. Personally I'm not a big fan of christian religious architecture and I don't have any examples of pre-christian architecture at hand at the moment, but the Ethiopian kingdoms have a history stretching back into antiquity and it is wrong-headed in the extreme to assume that they were like the idiots in west africa who made house out of mud.

>idiots in west africa who made house out of mud.
I really want to know why using mud as a building material is the mark of an idiot. Anywhere that isn't cold it's the most suitable building material which is all around you. You do know Europeans also made mud houses?

Ethiopians lived (and many still do) in mud huts

There's nothing shameful about it

t. Oromo

We ruined ourselves with a despotic monarchy, backward tradition, and gommunism

Lots of west african nations are better off than us

Mud isn't a suitable material for a single fucking thing unless you have nothing else available. Wood, stone, brick and marble are all much better.

>>You do know Europeans also made mud houses?
Ancient germans did, because they were incredibly poor and they lived in a place that was very cold. That's the other thing about mudbricks, the one time they're actually useful is during climate conditions that mostly don't exist in sub-saharan western africa.

If it worked, it worked.

According to this standard you should gas most of subsaharan Africa.

Not sure, but I think Mali was one of those.
But then again I know not much about the subject, so take it with a grain of salt.

Mud is widely available in sub saharan africa

It retains heat well in cold weather and keeps cool in hot weather

People built in stone and or wood when it was sensible like in Congo and Southeast Africa

because their mud buildings are pathetic
even gulf arabs which are considered less civilised than other arabs build better mud building

>Mud isn't a suitable material for a single fucking thing unless you have nothing else available. Wood, stone, brick and marble are all much better.
Mud works great in hot climates, it solidifies like brick. Thats why it's called Mudbrick. There's mud pyramids still standing today. Far more than just Germans used mud houses. Pretty much all Europeans did pre roman.

ahem

>inb4 it was built by caucasians

M8 if you just hate blacks then be straightforward about it

Your humble pic looks like anywhere in the sahel region or swahililand

We're on Veeky Forums pal, everyone on here hates blacks to one extent or another. But there is still a difference in terms of sophistication between eastern african civilizations and western african tribes.