How do I dress like I listen to a lot of 80's New Wave and modern Retrowave / Vaporwave?

how do I dress like I listen to a lot of 80's New Wave and modern Retrowave / Vaporwave?

I'm thinking mostly modern cuts with hints / tinge of 80's fashion intertwined.

can we also get general 80's / 80's inspired inspo thread going?

Just dress like a casual
Knits, polos, color blocking, wind breakers, track jackets, etc
Adidas, Fila, Lyle&Scott, Sergio Tacchini, Le Coq Sportif, Lacoste
Most subtle way to let people people know wassup

i feel like color blocking / neon colors is TOO stereotypical 80s, but i get what you mean. I just copped this, i think it's in the ball park of what i'm after. just hoping to get some inspo in here too

Watch 80s documentaries to see how they actually dressed, not just how they were depicted by the press or in pop culture

Then copy away
Places to start
Hoop Dreams
Sans Soleil
Roger&Me
ESPN's Hillsborough documentary has awesome fits

Yeah the stereotypical 80s clothing is awful. I'll check those out

>low waisted skinny jeans
>slim varsity jacket
>shirt untucked
no

Why are you posting these in an 80s fashion thread?

Ew. Normalfag jock scum. Why did you thought this was 80s? Because of the Varsity Jacket and Hi-tops?

Where to cop cozy late 80s midwest gf with ski jackets and slow cooker recipes galore

Why does it seem like there's a murder documentary on at least two of these kids, probably on PBS right now actually

OP said he wanted inspo that was modern with hints / inspiration of 80s. Varsity jacket and high tops are 80s, but these have more modern cuts. It's what he was asking for I don't see why you guys are so upset

There is nothing 80s about these. This entire outfit can be put together at any mall.

> Varsity jacket and high tops are 80s
I beg to differ

I think I'm after the same aesthetic as you atleast a bit. There's a book you can get called "A Scene In Between" that is basically a collection of fits from indie bands in 80s Britain.