Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

petapixel.com/2016/01/21/this-photo-of-a-potato-sold-for-over-1000000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's high quality, it has textile lining and Velcro to keep it closed. Also waterproof

Evertone but 3 people will think its a 2quid bag for life mate.

ya momma a joke

It's not legitimately a paper bag like what you would get at the grocery store.

>Who is Jil Sander

>yohji's still cheeky at 905

lmao my man

If you have to ask, this isn't for you. This isn't a product for someone who has to say "OMG its just a paper bag!" There are tons of people who scoff at anyone who would spend more than 20$ on a tee shirt, so clearly if one of those people saw a Rick unstable tee they'd freak at the price too. This is no different. Yes, it is technically a paper bag, but if you have to ask why the cost of it is justified it wasn't made for you in the first place.

so what am i paying for? the designer?

It's stupid for even the target audience , just because you can afford doesn't mean you should buy it.

no one is making you spend your money on it
why worry about someone who decides to do so with their own

That's what discussion is friendo , just because it doesn't mean you doesn't mean you don't have the right to talk about it , why talk about female circumcision in Africa if no one is cutting your clitoris :^)

this
jil is the original goat paper bag

Yohji went bankrupt. he needs to generate revenue some how.

how is my question any less important to the discussion than your judgement of purchase
i'm simply questioning your judgement to further the discussion, not condemning your frustration

Again, if you have to ask at all, it's probably not for you. In honestly what you're paying for here is an artisan paper bag. While it is at its core a paper bag, the same shock you might feel is the same shock that others might feel when they see the pricetag on an expensive shoe. Designer paper bags are probably made for the person that doesn't have to think "500$ for a paper bag!?" You're not paying for the designer, but the design itself; albeit in essence a mere paper bag.

Is there any product of any quality at any price where that argument you just made couldn't be applied?
What if it was a designer used juice box (made in Japan, natch) going for $4k?

>Is there any product of any quality at any price where that argument you just made couldn't be applied?
Nope, welcome to the beautiful world of art.
petapixel.com/2016/01/21/this-photo-of-a-potato-sold-for-over-1000000/

4 u

the statement of that piece of art was the purpose of that piece, not the piece itself

In't that what art is though? Think about, say, a Warhol picture or art piece. The materials, time, and effort to produce his works obviously doesn't amount to millions, but the worth is determined by the demand of his followers. I suppose if there was a willing audience (like there clearly would be with this bag to an extent) then your 4k Juice box isn't unjustifiable. I hate to revert to the age old "its worth what people will pay" but that kind of rings true here. People that don't really comprehend the art try to attack it. Why is a DaVinci worth millions but you think Basquiat belongs in the trash? Does all art, studio and fashion have to be easily consumable? I think the things that challenge us are the best forms of art, so while I can't afford a 500$ Jil Sander lunchbag, I can def appreciate the art, and to me that paper lunchbag is going to do more than any Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag ever could.

>Is this a joke?
Yes it's a joke, yohji has a good sense of humour which shows up frequently in his shows. Also see: "don't do that" blazer

You're a bootlicker of the highest order. Worse yet you don't even understand the medium you're boot licking.

I'd cop

Thats a pretty dope photo ngl

lmao I don't need to dignify someone who just calls me an asshole without contributing anything constructive or meaningful to dispute what I've said. Stay mad, friend.

comparing the pricing drawings and fashion pieces usually doesn't do justice to the argument, mainly because the absolute majority of drawings are 1:1 in existance
also the highest paid lots are normally from deceased artists, so their work in total is limited in existance. can't really be said about this bag or almost any fashion item

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to make an exact analogy, but just trying to say that "worth" is really relative and the target demographic for this product doesn't really need to justify price.

>Implying you've made meaningful contribution

You're trying to justify a 900$ paper bag
Log off mate

literally made a paper bag so his ugly ass fan base would have something to cover their faces

>that paper lunchbag is going to do more than any Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag ever could.
I agree with this

How are you even going to argue when you clearly didn't even open the photo to check the price let alone read the description?

I misread the photo I thought it was pound sterling not euros

Regardless its a fucking paper bag it's still not worth 465€ and there is no justification for it being that much being so fuck off with your bullshit "oh but it's a piece of art made by a master designer" bullshit. it's art but it's shit art. However, it is very good joke, Yohji's sense of humour appears again and again in his runway presentations and this is no different. He's taking the piss out of people like you and you're fawning over it like a slack jawed moron.