decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

I want to get some real Avant-Garde scents.

Any suggestions?

re: Diptyque, their EdT and EdP versions of a scent perform about the same as one another so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. The main differences are that their EdPs are usually richer scents. With Philosykos, the EdP is more focused on the fruit side of fig, sweeter, a bit creamy; the EdT is more green and fresher, more about the fig tree.

look up stuff by Commes des Garcons and Etat Libre d'Orange. they are readily available and relatively cheap while still being on the conceptual side of things

2bh most houses aren't "avant-garde", there really aren't too many that are truly experimental, and even then, they still aim to produce a pleasing scent

anything in particular you are looking for?

Just anything "bizarre"

CdG fits the bill, and I am looking into more of their scents. But I wanted to know if there was anything else out there. Just anything at all that was even remotely "avant-garde"

Thx m80

Hmm. I love philosykos but it almost disappears in less than an hour on me. I like the green/fig tree aspect of the EDT so I'm afraid I'd be disappointed by the EDP. Most other fig fragrances I've tried have been just okay.

I see you anons recommending Kouros here from time to time, but I worry about copping blindly. Particularly the civet note is of concern. Is Kouros or Body Kouros safer as a blind buy? I don't know where I'll find a store that has tester bottles of both.

I got recommended Voyage Nautica and Cool Water. But on fragrantica they're shit.I'm new to this so I'd rather trust fragantica

In the sub-$35 price range your best bet is Versace Signature. Under $25, I like CK One. I personally dislike Cool Water and Nautica Voyage.

l'artisan does some fragrances that are really out there. timbuktu, dzing, foud d'absinthe, Dzongkha, Méchant Loup

none of those are really weird or unique, well maybe if you only know modern mall-tier scents

>timbuktu
typical vetiver chypre, similar to CdG 2 Man or Le Labo Vetiver 46 but with a touch of fruit and greenery

>fou d'absinthe
classic fougere, with a hint of Anise sweetness to modern it up some

>dzongkha
only "out there" as much as CdG's Incense series is

Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist

very pricey though. And It gets Fragrantica users to wax more poetic than usual (not a good thing 2bh, but it shows how rapturous some get about it)

>The fabled one. The mystery of the earth, the one and only perfume to wear when you go to your horses and gallop from earth to heaven
>If you could spray on a painting by Barnett Newman, or a photograph by Cindy Sherman, it would probably feel like wearing Iris Silver Mist. Because this Lutens elicits the same sort of questions that modern art does.
>dank, moldy ashtray accord, very cool, and quite unpleasant... bitter carrot skin... develops an industrial drain cleaner vibe.
>Postapocalyptic iris. Iris, as described by the tribe of feral children in Mad Max.

as for brands that are more about/have pretentions of "concept," though not necessarily "avant-garde":
Histoires de Parfum
Imaginary Authors
CB I Hate Perfume
Olfactive Studio
Escentric Molecules
Slumberhouse

and on the gimmicky side of things, Demeter has scents like "Lobster" and "Funeral Home" among others

I copped Demeter Cannabis Flower and it smells exactly like the weed rice krispies treats they sell at my local pot shop.

>Frederic Malle
Heard a lot of positive things about them. What's good?

Looking to get either cdg odeur 53 or some type of mad et lin. Anyone have experience with these?

I'm wearing Kouros right now, for the first time. It's not a blind buy unless you know you like animalic scents. Smells very much like an animal or urine. Something most people would dislike, but some find it pleasant.Body Kouros is a safer buy. It's pretty linear. but it's a nice, sweet smell.

Loup kind of smells like piss to me. So it's a little weird.

No such thing as a safe blind buy, but BK is safer, but not nearly as awesome as Kouros.

Is tokyomilk any good? Looking for a new fragrance to wear daily.

i've only tried a few, but wasn't too impressed and they smelled kinda cheap. also, they were linear and not very complex if you are looking for something that develops over the wear time.

the one i sorta liked was La Vie La Mort from the TokyomilkDark line with the edgy designs and names, so maybe try scents from them if you are interested.

which Dior privee frags should I try?

Secretions.
Magnifique.

Fresh arrivals. First impressions are very positive. Vetiver just feels like one of those fragrances that every guy should own, especially at about $26 for this tester. It layers very nicely with the Mugler also, adding body to the light Cologne scent.

hey Bondfag (and anyone else for that matter),

I'm interested in trying these out if you have any thoughts about them:
Bleecker Street (I know this is one of your favorites)
Brooklyn
Chinatown
Coney Island
Cooper Square
I Love New York For All
Manhattan
New Haarlem
New York Amber
New York Oud
West Side

thnx bbys

feve delicieuse is like a shitty tobacco vanille
whole collection is a joke desu
leather oud literally smells like a barn

Bois d'Argent
Eau Noire
Granville
Patchouli Imperial
Oud Ispahan

>Coney Island
in the vein of VIW but smells even cheaper than Set Sails St. Barts

Lanvin Avant-Garde :^)

BLEECKER

>bleecker
crowd favorite. super nice sandalwood/cedar along with fruity notes
>brooklyn
one of my favorites. leather/pepper/grapefruit. about to buy for every day use including in office
>chinatown
too much cardamom, a bit over the top
>coney island
cheap tequila
>cooper sq, ILNYFA
haven't tried
>manhattan
too rich
>new haarlem
smells like breakfast in heaven. I put it on some times at night when I'm studying. chicks nut over this
>NY Amber
all these are great, don't miss sandalwood
>NY Oud
the rose note smells a little cheap but short-lived (think shampoo) but the oud base to it holds for hours and it perfect
>west side
vanilla + old lady. the candle does it better

I messed up. I put on Salvador Dali pH on one arm maybe 2 hours ago, and then my vintage Bandit samples came in the mail and I had to try it, so I put it on the other. Feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a heavyweight bout or an argument between two large Puerto Rican women.

Don't bother, unless you want to layer with other fragrances

The thing about Odeur 53 is it's so light and avant-garde that it's very transparent. Sample it first, because even though people say never blind buy anything. NEVER blind buy a really bizarre fragrance like this.

one or two things to add
>the whole NY line is great
NY Musk sucks.

other fragrances that I highly recommend from Bond
>Shelter Island
marine oud - there's a citrus note you could mistake for floral. highly, highly recommend. my favorite fragrance and always gets compliments. dries down very gently, makes for an awesome intimate fragrance.

>Fire Island
like super fancy coppertone. if you want a lighter take on this try Neroli 36

>ILNYfME
pretty gay indeed. predominantly cedar with some dark fruits behind it. like a gay christmas tree. I wear it out a lot.

>Riverside Drive
have a 10mL of this that is also a compliment grabber. as promised, "indie maleness". the basil does a lot to rope in the pineapple/vetiver.

>SOPFH
imagine if Axe phoenix smelled good

>Wall St
strong seaweed scent can be nauseating in colder weather (as others have side). impeccable when drinking in warm weather

>Bond Signature
quite similar to Noir de Noir in my mind. an elegant version of Shelter Island and pretty close but much better than NY Oud. very expensive (295/50 ml). lasts for hours and hours. beautiful rose v tonka combo.

>Fire Island
I'm not overly impressed with Bond, but I love this scent to a near obsessive degree. Not sure I could tell you why, though, as I don't even know myself.

What do you guys think about Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche? I remember smelling it a while ago and thinking it was fucking great. just snatched one up for cheap for the summer

I own it and it's great for summer nights. I think it can be a bit too much of a cloud if it's really quite hot though. Wear it with a white shirt and grills will be moistened.

I have regular Chanel Allure and I love it

>hey Bondfag
hi
>I'm interested in Bleecker Street
Yes. Bond could only improve on this one by making it as ridiculously strong as The Scent of Peace for Him. BS is juicy dark fruit and earthy woods, brightened with unexpected gourmand notes. Terribly unique and suitable for just about any occasion. Autobuy in my opinion, but you know this.
>Chinatown
Sweet spicy floral bomb. For a guy, I see it as a hippie fragrance. On a woman, I think it would come across as a very sophisticated floral. Very intense perfume. Try it for yourself before purchasing if the thought of flower incense doesn't automatically get you hard. FG reviewers say it smells like the inside of the Lush store, which is actually spot on.

I haven't tried any of the rest of your list, but I've been looking at Brooklyn a little.

>NY Musk sucks
Can you share some thoughts on why? I was sort of interested in this one. How about NY Patchouli?
>SOPFH
Axe Phoenix wins the lottery
>Riverside Drive
Is it a casual wear?
>Shelter Island
My mother enjoys her decant more than I enjoy the bottle, but it's growing on me slowly. I've worn it to the beach / pier a few times now. It would be a lovely vacation fragrance.
Fire Island is the scent of swimsuit models on the beach. Sweaty bronzed bodies, shiny with suntan lotion. Wearing it now because that musk is sexy af.

the most famous avant-garde scent:

Secretions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d`Orange

read up on it and you'll see why.

>Secretions Magnifique
Vraie Blonde is way fucking worse than Secretions.

Hey guys. i have urinal incontinence. besides constantly washing my cock and changing underwear. the smell of fish broth still leaks through from time to time. any idea's to help with stank?

much love, pissypants

What's the most versatile fragrance around?

I love bleu de chanel but want something that has better performance

keep one of these in your pocket or in your underwear

Who /king of scents and scent of kings/ here? Seriously, this fragrance is the tits. Every time I enter a room, I know I'm the alpha there. I love the fragrance and don't give a fuck.

Fuck those frags where, when you spray them on, you smell pleasant. With Kouros, I'm a Greek god.

Hail to the king, baby! Can't wait to rock it in the summer heat.

I'd like to hear your description of Kouros if it doesn't make you smell "pleasant". Does the essence of leathery weasel anus really add that much to your confidence and aura?

Dior Sauvage (2015).
I've also been rocking Guerlain L'Homme Ideal recently. Nice almond gourmand-esque fragrance. Awesome longevity and fantastic projection but not overbearing.

Terre d'Hermes
Acqua di Parma Ginepro di Sardegna
Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician
Bvlgari Blv pour homme
Lalique White
L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe
Penhaligon's Endymion

diapers?

The official cheap immigrant scent

CdG Amazinggreen
Philosykos EdP
Histories de Parfums 1828

Thoughts on these? CdG seems to have no staying power at all. Shop assistant told me it's something to be sprayed on clothes. Other two seem to be damn good for summer

Bois d'Argent
Ambre Nuit
Feve Delicieuse
Oud Ispahan

Mitzah, Vetiver and Eau Noire are discontinued but if you can get your hands on a sample I would suggest them as well

>Shop assistant told me it's something to be sprayed on clothes
lel trying that hard to make a sale

yeah, Amazingreen is a bit of a disappointment. Philosykos is great, but I prefer the EdT. Reading on Basenotes, the two versions are actually close performance-wise.

>Shop assistant
I can't stand fragrance counter sales reps. They can never leave a guy alone to just sniff their testers and try to push trash like Gucci Guilty or whatever their corporate master wants to move that day. Never make a purchase based on an opinion from a fragrance SA, they literally say anything to get that sale.

I could use some genuine help.

I'm a normie so my favorite go to is Issey Miyake. I just really like fresh light with hint of citrus(?) colognes. But I definitely do not like too sweet or too musky (complete opposite of Issey).

Any pro tips or suggestions?

What are some good summer night frags? I like bleu de chanel( and girls like it too which is nice) but im looking for alternatives. Preferably something that lasts longer

Prada Infusion de Vetiver

Le Labo Rose 31

Stopped at Dover Street Market the other day and picked this and Odeur 53 up, love them both so far. Any other good CDG fragrances?

wtf is that logo? looks like a spastic tried to scratch a 2 into a piece of metal.

That's exactly what it is

lmao it is pretty shit, scent is very nice though, kind of inky on the top note before taking on something more floral and soapy later on

Living in Prague means it's all either really wannabe niche places or Sephoras. And the wannabe niche places aren''t too bad but no way to avoid the SA. Amazinggreen has pretty much completely disappeared after 2 hours, never have I been more disappointed in a fragrance. Have the samples of the other two so will see how they pan out.

Depends on your price range but most designer summer fragrances are something like what you're after.

Dior Sauvage 2015 version
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Allure Homme Sport

Tend just be light citrusy crowdpelasers

>Any other good CDG fragrances
the entire Incense series

>Odeur 71
>Hinoki
>Series 3: Incense
>Series 5: Sherbet
>Series 6: Synthetic (Before they decided to discontinue it like the bunch of fucking faggots they are)
>Series: Play

My favorite is Play Red/Green, and Sherbet: Rhubarb

Thanks! Having DSM so close since I moved to London is awesome.

Hey senpai, please go sample the play trio and tell us what they're like.

What are Veeky Forums's favorite gourmands?

24 Gold
A*Men
DHI
New Haarlem

and was wondering if La Yuqawam pH could be considered a gourmand, but as the raspberry has a relatively small supporting role, I'll just include it as a footnote.

And I owned a bottle of LLaM, but my dislike of anise led me to get rid of it after a while. Body Kouros gets me in that neighborhood anyway.

Tom of Finland and Divin' Enfant by ELDO

Could someone reccommend some cheap to midrange scents?

I've always just been a "whatever keeps the sweat smell off" type guy and I want to try out different stuff but without committing too much money to one product

>warm weather
Bvlgari Aqva Amara

>cool weather
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme

gourmands are shit. why would you want to smell like a cake or some food thing?

Bitches love dessert, user.

>Aventus For Her
out in a couple of weeks, so without looking it up, what do you think it will smell like?

Encre Noir Sport
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

Smells like a cash grab.

I have something with patchouli for the afternoons and searching for something for the day.

I tried pic relate in a shop and sort of liked it. I'm looking for something fresh (like lemon) and "creamy" at the same time.
Any suggestion? Either an improved approved version of pic related, or something "fresh and creamy".

>lemon creamy
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

>Edition Blanche
Yep that was the first thing that popped in to my head. Another fine option, more of a creamy orange than lemon, is Eau Aimable.

desu don't really remember why I disliked NY Musk so much. maybe it was just a bad reaction w my skin.

riverside is definitely for casual wear.

thinking when they do the refill deal (june this year) I'm do brooklyn + riverside + new haarlem. also considering a 50mL of Signature instead of riverside.

Tried [Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche] and think I like it.

I like it now more, after half an hour, than at the first second.
Maybe I go with this, although I'd actually like something "fresh and creamy" but still more masculine than [Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche].

approve?

i know that man

I'm new to cologne and fragrances and shit
How bad is cheap perfume? And how long does cologne last for you guys
Don't wanna spend a lot on something that runs out quick

Dior Homme Sport

Warm Weather:
Bvlgari Aqva Amara
Dior Homme Cologne
Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme
Mugler Cologne
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Versace Pour Homme

Cold Weather:
Boss Bottled
Burberry London
Dior Homme
Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Mont Blanc Individuel
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

I second these

had a chance to try out bleu de chanel and terre d'hermes today
the chanel fragrance is super generic, hermes is a bit tangy. maybe I applied too much

His and Hers, I guess it's pretty generic.
I like the Hugo one.

Rate my order

not to my personal tastes mostly, but pretty good and fairly balanced.

Voyage d'Hermes doesn't get enough recognition around here. It, Grey Vetiver EdP, and Encre Noire Sport are wearable year-round; the Guerlain is a decent spring/summer, and Encre Noire for fall/winter

should last you a few years, too, unless you get bitten by the collecting bug and end up with dozens of bottles you'll never use for the rest of your life :^)

pleb af, and you don't need that many. you could have copped 1 or 2 Bonds/Creeds/TFPB plus 1 or 2 L'Artisans/Serge Lutens with that cash

>muh niche

I've been wanting to try Voyage d'Hermes, how is it?

it's a light spicy scent mostly, gingery (tho fragrantica lists the main spice note is cardamom), plus a splash of citrus with some green and a little wood as it dries

typical Hermes, typical Ellena, it must be said, but one of their best executed ones

I have L'Homme which is very gingery and spicy as well. Are they similar?

YSL? dunno. haven't tried that one yet.

Oh shit, I bought this last night too. GV is a good vetiver. VdH is nice for summer. EN is amazing for colder weather or rainy days, but I wear it once or twice a year in LA.

Everyone seems to love L'Instant but it smells awful to me. Not like its actual notes at all.