What is wrong with urban outfitters? I think some of the stuff there looks nice

What is wrong with urban outfitters? I think some of the stuff there looks nice.

bad quality hipster crap marked up

super expensive for the quality of clothing

Where can you get similar shit but cheaper?

A thrift store
Ebay

Urban Outfitters is the Hillary Clinton of clothing stores.

Need to fake having a personality and tastes and interests like a regular human being should have?

Don't worry senpai, you can cop all your Top 40s vinyl, a vinyl player, ironic coffee table books, and pre-distressed band tees to help frame your lack of a soul.

nice

the inventory is dope, but its all stuff you can just find somewhere else on your own for a cheaper price

Little expensive for quality, but is good when used as a reference and for items on sale.

pretty much this
also occasionally they get weird exclusives or early access to members on hot items (they recently put up the triple black Tubular Dooms, for example, at $110 plus tax). it's not bad, but their methodology, initial pricing, quality, and catering to hipster-fuccboi hybrids really isn't something worthwhile. also, something about slave labor for their clothes or whatever, I don't remember the exact details but I'm pretty sure some intense sweatshops are involved. sales are pretty solid though, I guess, even if those should be the original prices in the first place.

I used to shop there in middle school@ the tysons corner center in Virginia about 11 years ago. Believe it or not alot of the shirts I bought from there were actually made in america, the same with hottopic at the time.

They used to print on American appeal shirts that's why

Really? They were like 30 bucks then and still are now. my mom used to buy them for me, and my dad worked at the pentagon then. Urban Outfitters sucks now. The last time I went to one was in Dallas and I just did that to kill time before going to a concert.

wtf this is so oddly specific because were from the same area baka there really are paid shills on this website

Yeah AA declared bankruptcy and restructured it's distribution and supply chains

That was one of the retailer's o get cut.

I went to Washington Irving Middle school. I don't even live there anymore.

suck my dick faggot

your dad worked at the pentagon though? fuck off kike, I'm hip to your gang stalking

>unexpectedly raining in london
>decide to give UO a chance because i need a sweater or something in a hurry
>nice shoegazy music in the store
>ask what it is
>he checks whats playing the computer
>sorry, we dont have this record for sale
>can you please tell me the title though, i'd like to hear more
>but we dont sell it
>i'd just like to know what it is
>...but we dont have it in stock
>dump whatever id hand in mind to buy on the counter and walk out
>never fucking going back

Also they were selling flecktarn parkas a year too late at a ridiculous markup.. Half of them even had broken poppers.

Why do they sell tech for 20$ above normal retail price??? Who buys this marked up shit?

ridiculously overpriced

Bro the Dooms were about $140 on the website. If urns had them for $120 that'd be a good deal is say.

It's fine if you're just starting out, you can find the occasional nice looking piece of clothing there. People on Veeky Forums shit on chain retailers but they're great if you're unsure about sizing and you want to know how the clothes /style actually looks on you before you buy it. That's how so many people that are "into fashion" end up looking terrible and having their pictures posted in cringe threads, ordering expensive pieces of clothes online and they have no idea how the outfit actually looks on them.

If you want to dive into the quality argument it depends on your intentions. If you just want to just update your look then cheap, casual, pieces from Urban Outfitters, Zara and H&M, Express, Uniqlo, etc, are fine. If you're intending on collecting clothes and making fashion a lifestyle then you'll want to start buying designer pieces.

Their Urban Renewal is thrifted stuff with like triple the price.

They have some nice anoraks I guess but Idk the quality

For shirts similar to their pocket tees, just order them from hanes. Dirt cheap and VERY similar quality. Same goes for their basic tees.

For their jeans (just levis 511 and 510 from what i saw when i went into a store) go to any department store during their sales. Much better deal.

For everything else, just go to a thrift shop you'll get the same aesthetic for a whole lot less.

This. I use it to browse regularly, but can't remember the last time I actually bought something from there

I like to browse because I like how their stores are designed and set up.

If I buy anything, I only buy if there's a big sale. Not worth paying full price for their quality of clothing.

What do you guys think of their other stores/brands like Free People and Anthropologie?

Found some Levi 511 corduroys in a dark blue and a burgundy color last time I went in for 9 dollars each. Not bad. In general though, yeah, overpriced and the entire vibe in there makes me kinda uncomfortable.

Don't buy anything from them that aren't sale shoes.

I like UO. Anything I've bought there is great quality, never any problems. I usually don't buy stuff at full retail price, but you can find a lot of good products on their sales some times. A lot of the stuff at full price is definitely overpriced though. UO isn't terrible like asos or topman.

this

>rain
>sweater

I'm not a white girl in a sorority

t.UO employee

No, I do think some people ITT are being a little too harsh on UO though.

gb2 folding shirts for 4 hours a day

>unexpectedly raining
>london

>largely shit clothes
>bad quality
>expensive

If you're in middle-high school and your parents pay for your shit, by all means go there.

Wtf, I live right next to Irving... did you go to WSHS as well?

Yes for my freshman year, also I jacked off in the whole foods bathroom by there.

A decent amount of the stuff there is pretty good for someone on a budget
The other half of the stuff can be bad or just mediocre, really trendy crap
The main shtick people have about Urban is it's hipster atmosphere etc, but as long as nobody knows you shop there you're good if you get their better items.
Personally Urban and Asos are my favorite online stores since unlike some neets with rich parents on here i cant blow $500 on a pair of pants