How did Hitler treat the native Slavic minorities in Germany?

How did Hitler treat the native Slavic minorities in Germany?

Sorbians were assimilated.

Many of them were high ranked nazis.

Hitler thought they were just cosplaying Germans. So he tried to stop them from cosplaying instead of murdering them all. So pretty well relatively speaking.

Wasn't there a Nazi official of Slavic descent whose named ended in -ic?

Hitler personally had him designated as an Aryan or something

The nazis didn't hate all Slavs, they hated Russians and Poles specifically.

People think Hitler hated slavs, he didn't. Hitler hated enemies. He use to go on about Serbs, how they were the lost Goths, the prussians of the south. Then they didn't go along with his foreign policy and then they were untermensch.

He liked Poles til Józef Beck's ill-fated anglo-polish guarantee.

He liked Czechs til they killed his boy.

He liked Slovaks cause they liked him.

He liked Ukrainians til shit got real on the Eastern Front.

etc etc etc same with Latins, same with balts, same with Asians. He only had Jerk-offs nordics. He even dreamed of Anglo-German friendship cause muh saxons.

>his boy
?

Heydrich.

They weren't particularly fond of Serbs either.

To be fair, nobody is

Do you mean Odilo Globocnic?

>Hitler personally had him designated as an Aryan or something

That wasn't necessary, for the Aryan certificate you generally only needed to prove that you don't have Jewish ancesors (for SS-officers back to 1750)

I want to get to the bottom of this without doing any actual research. did Hitler want to get rid of everyone else, forcibly "germanify" occupied territories or keep local cultures?

I remember hearing about plans to colonize Ukraine with dutch people but it all sounds a bit ridiculous, how would he plan to maintain public order?

That must be difficult given all the Stein and Berg and Bach surnames among Christian Germans

>Hitler personally had him designated as an Aryan or something
I love that type of double think
>ya ya they all subhumans
>oh not him though his Aryan as fuck because he does a good job

Short answer, "yes" with an "if." Long answer, "no" with a "but."

He wanted to keep local cultures in France, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Scandinavia and the Balkan peninsula but he planned to make Russia West of the Urals into a new, 100% German, autarkic Deutschland. This was because many Germans had moved there from the 17th century and so he thought that with a bit of extermination and relocations it was possible.

One of his bodyguards was literally Jewish lmao

oh man.
>Mein Fuhrer there is a ... Julius Streicher here.
>He wouldn't stop waving a coin in front of my face until I informed you of his arrival.

Are you saying Germans with those names have Jewish origins? You're wrong then, just because many Jews adopted names with the -stein and -berg suffix doesn't make everyone with those names Jewish. In fact, most aren't

liked us before the war

This. The whole "Hitler wanted to totally kill all Slavs, you guys" is simply a Soviet propaganda to try to make themselves look like the good guys in the whole shitstorm.

Those names are identifiably Jewish in the US, but substantially less so in Germany

And the reason was jews fleeing germany