Gillette, Dollar Shave Club, or Harry's?

Gillette, Dollar Shave Club, or Harry's?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1463718310&sr=1-4&keywords=safety razor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you need an adblocker, man

Which one should I choose?

Are you over 18? Gillette will send you a free razor

But Harry's is cheaper and looks nicer it's the perfect minimalist style for an aspiring hipster like me... I uhh don't want bro dude razors that look like they came out of a modern sci-fi movie!

then why'd you ask?

I want an umm consensus here before I pony up and get me one of them Gillette fusion proshield shave plans

I am also wondering how to revamp my shaving routine. Why does everything out there look like it was designed by nerf?

buy in bulk from amazon; some people stockpile Sams Club sets and (for some reason) unload them at prices below retail. 50 bucks can get you a year's worth of razors if you shop smart

After spending the past 5 years trying all sorts of shaving equipment I eventually settled on a Gillette safety razor and the razor blades that cost £2 for a pack of 20.
I sometimes still use a Mach 3 as well.

Anything else, especially if it looks like some sort of alien weaponry or a medival torture device, is fucking pointless, don't do it.

Why not just use a safety razor, it's simple looks nice, shaves fantastically, and blades are super cheap

just buy a safety razor

who the hell writes the word "umm" in sentences?

Aren't they dangerous?

Nah, you might nic yourself a few times while learning how to use it but it's totally safe, I shave pretty much my whole body with one.

>Safety Razor

I mean if you start mashing it on your face and really pulling it, you might cut yourself a bit more than usual, especially when you first start out if you're used to the modern cartridge razors. And you probably shouldn't grab the blades with a tight grip when replacing them.
You'd have to be unable to count to potato or mentally unstable around sharp objects to actually harm yourself with one though.

No, its super easy and no irritation

Word. Safety razors are classy as fuck, cheap, and give a way better shave. I don't know why more people don't use them

Shavettes give a better shave in less passes, if you shave only when your beard gets longish, and leave a perfect amount of stubble.
Safety razors are perfect for daily shavers.

Someone recommend a good/effay safety razor?

>effay safety razor
Kill yourself.

Sure, if you want to take an extra 45 minutes to shave.

They're outmoded for a reason, Redditor shills.

It doesn't need to be fancy

amazon.com/Merkur-Long-Handled-Safety-Razor/dp/B000NL0T1G/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1463718310&sr=1-4&keywords=safety razor

There like all the same. I would spend more than $30 or so. Plus you'll probably want soap and a brush. I use a Parker Long Handle (31R?) But goods brands are Parker, Merkur, Ikon, maggard

Wtf? It literally works the same as any other Razor, dumbass. It doesn't take any longer.

dorco

I use this one because it's cheap as chips, get it on Ebay for virtually nothing.
It's not fancy, but it holds the blade in place securely so you can remove hair, it's too simplistic for fashion.
Nah it takes the same amount of time.

Safety razor unless you like getting cucked by jews into buying multi-blade nonsense.

Yes it does you shills.
You can shave super quickly with a normal modern razor without the mandatory Badger Semen Facial lather you "LE WRONG GENERATION" faggots have to give yourselves in order to shave.

That's not including the time you're gonna waste cutting up your face re-learning how to shave in an entirely outmoded manner.

lol this fuccboi thinks jews aren't profiting off of the entire razor industry

Oh, and in the end run, you're gonna be paying more money for the fuckload of shitty hipster shaving bullshit than you would buying several months worth of cartridge razors.

I get out of shower, grab this, rub on face, begin shave.
It doesn't take any longer than a mach3 shave.

I shave in the shower, and I'm done by the time you've just started precumming to the 1950s.

>Shavettes give a better shave in less passes, if you shave only when your beard gets longish, and leave a perfect amount of stubble.
never considered shavettes. I use basic gilettes as an alternative for my safety razor for this same purpose but it's not really close enough. what do you recommend?

This. Aren't dollar shave club razors just dorco rebrands?

>Shaving

Yep.

DSC

You're a fucking dipshit. The safety razor gives you the option to save money if you want to. Buy a cheap ass cream and shave just like any other razor.

If you wanna make a hobby out of it, you can do that shit too. Don't act like it's impossible to use the safety razor without being a fucking cringelord about it.

I'm a perfect example of a cringelord. I enjoy the products involved with shaving. I could just as easily throw my brush away, get a cheap tube of shaving cream, and come out far ahead of your shit priced cart razors in the "money wasted on hair removal" department

Go fuck your Mach 3 pleb

Anyway, out of those three, none. Just buy from Dorco.

use a straight razor, you won't regret it i promise

It IS impossible to use one without being a cringelord.

>Saving money

That's a lie.

Razor: $40 (DSC's best razor is $9/ month)
All the #hipster meme accessories add up over time as well.

Go back to shilling on Reddit.

Are you genuinely this retarded?

Not as retarded as someone pretending that $40 razors + $20 soap + $60 brush + $5 imported meme blades is "saving money"

The point the other guy was trying to make was that there's no need to do any of that. You literally just buy a safety razor and blades for that and don't buy into the other crap and it saves you money. You may be retarded, user.

40 bucks one time, then each blade cost cents, maybe pennies on the dollar. You can literally use 99 cent store shaving cream of you want. Sure you can buy brushes and nice shaving cream, but theres no particular reason to unless you want to. It is cheaper for a slightly higher intial cost. Plus you will never ever have to replace a safety razer.

And you'll still look like someone who has theartofmanliness as their homepage.

merkur sollingen till i die

You're trying too hard, faggot.

Did someone using a safety razor cuck you or someshit?

Do you invite people over to watch you shave?
You're running out of arguments there.

Harry's, I love their handles.

any blade with a rounded corner.
everything else is the same, more or less.
japanese blades get a lot of praise, but in practice you just end up changing the blade less often, and since the blades are so cheap... who cares.
but without the rounded corner, you'll cut yourself up more, the learning curve will be steeper. it makes a difference.
and soap up properly, that too makes a difference. get a good badger brush, if you want to spend some money, and good soap, but it's not required.
you'll have to be more careful than with a straight razor, but it's a cheaper and less time consuming.

I got mine at Target for like 12 bucks.
And order good Feather blades off of ebay in bulk for dirt cheap.

Learn to use a straight razor. Those are effay af

You're thinking of a straight razor. And those are awesome too. It does take longer to shave but because of prep time (stropping and getting your warm soap dish ready).
I don't mind the extra time desu. I enjoy the quiet time alone before I start my day and the meetings only start when I arrive anyway so it's all good

>Implying they aren't

underated

reread my post

thanks Veeky Forumsm

Bic

how many people see you fucking shave

Think of the sort of person that spends their time on the internet waxing poetic about safety razors.

The fuck are you talking about I bought my safety razor for $20 and the blades cost $10 for a pack of 100 this has already saved me a shit ton of money because I basically shave my whole body with it. And you don't need fancy creams or anything I use hair conditioner and warm water as my cream and I still manage to get a great shave out of it.

nigga why do you think it's called a safety razor

dollar shaves handles are garbage, thus they make you buy another when you cant release the blade.