Prep/ivy/trad

Darted jackets are HARAM edition

Other urls found in this thread:

ctshirts.com/us/italian-classic-fit-navy-drill-jacket/SEF0006NAV.html
jcpenney.com/stafford-hopsack-blazer/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002440092
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope you're inspired to make more ivy propaganda material cuz I'm thinking of joining the cause

Do I burn my non-colonial school diploma or how do I get started

How do I ask a tailor for a prep/ivy suit jacket. What are the specific things to keep in mind? Details?

tbqh i'm a UCLA student, not an Ivy Leaguer, just reposting the image. Not sure if the Ivy State of Southport and Ithaca guy is stull around

He's our khalifa hopefully he hasn't been targeted in a drone strike yet
Maybe he's doing quarter mile sprints or something marathon season is coming up

3/2 roll
patch pockets
gold buttons
single vent
sack

natural shoulders
proper length

>inb4 europoors

What are some prep glasses to get? They can be "hip" to some degree too. I'm thinking oliver peoples?

Oliver People
Cutler and Gross
Oliver Goldsmith
Dita
Barton Perreira
Persol
Ray Ban
Randolph Engineering
American Optics

got tips for making a dorm/first apartment preppy on a budget? nothing like kjp's interior corny pics pls

Even though I am only 19 and have no family crest I wanna get a signet ring so bad. What does Veeky Forums think?

You are nouveau riche and possibly Saudi

German/russian and not even nouveau riche...just like the tradition :^)

Im the most trad person ITT i reside in Connecticut

cant top that faggots

My grandfather taught me to dress this way and I still own and wear his overcoat from the Harvard Co-Op in 1957

then again I live in fucking California

Why is it traditional if your family doesn't have a crest?

>no kjp
>posts kjp-tier decoration

Because of the fact you're asking this question, I'm kinda guessing you aren't from an extremely preppy background. In this case, it's probably not a great idea to deck your dorm out in signal flags or shit like that, because it'll just seem affected. Decorate simply, pin up a school banner or two, keep a bookshelf with some classic books (make sure you've read them) and perhaps a map. And keep some alcohol in your drawer.

is this halal

I wish college bookstores would sell simpler tshirts like pic related

Thank you senpai!

I never find tassle loafers/moccasins to have good pant-shoe interaction... any inspo?

m e d i o c r e

ctshirts.com/us/italian-classic-fit-navy-drill-jacket/SEF0006NAV.html

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this, any thoughts?

Personally I'm a bit worried about the shade of blue but I think it might have something to do with the picture.

HARAM

w2c pants

navy blazer recommend this as a poorfag choice:
jcpenney.com/stafford-hopsack-blazer/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002440092

any option I should be aware of?

I meant the tradition in general. I am sure my family had a crest, but its impossible to make a family tree since its practically impossible to find most of the documents.

Still, I am in love with the idea of having a signet ring and maybe starting an own tradition...I just dont know how to go about it.

Btw what about a signet ring just with a monogram? Is that acceptable considering my family has no tradition of that kind?

>I want to be a human box

You're missing the point of the sack jacket. It's supposed to be casual, like you're taking whatever blazer-wearing event way less seriously than the guys who got their shit taken way in to show off their little waists.

You don't have the chill to be really prep. Sorry.

You seem pretty stressed about having the chill for prep desu.

Just explaining how the two are going to be perceived differently and why people adopt silhouettes other than hourglass.

As you get more formal, the more structured jackets get. Nobody wears a boxy tuxedo. Is a blazer really a formal article of clothing? I tend to think it is not.

w2c pants and shirt

j crew, kamakura

>he doesn't get all his clothes bespoke from the Andover Shop
Y-you're joking, right?

wtf nobody has posted any pictures of jack yet

How do brooks brother trousers compare to j press or andover

looks comfy. any more dorm inspo

are these t shirts prep

no

Yeah I don't get the hate people seem to be giving it. You could call it pretentious, but it still looks nice and would feel very comfy. I think it would also be an expensive way to do up a room, but then again I know a guy who had professionally-installed astroturf in his frat house room.

but the program i go to there has a 4% acceptance rate
say I wore that shirt with high waisted trousers and loafers

Wear something related to your program

>Canada
No

how's the fit on these pants

If you want prep go for polos

No, but you should wear them if you like it. It's a nice simple, unobjectionable design. And wearing them with trousers and loafers will look fine

wcw a jacket like this

can Veeky Forums share some good preppy for girls inspo?

pretty average, nothing special. How they fit on you is more important.

Brooks Brothers model fits

Don't do crew, they're a bunch of Jews.
Kama is great as is the Ummah
Brooks were crooks but now they're off the hook
Gant doth roll but you pay the toll (seriously spotty stitching for some of the new ones)

The guy who made the jihad ivy pic used to go to UCLA

Is Gant Rugger the best brand in terms of being an apex between traditional prep styling and actual slim-cut and tailored clothing? Their Stick Boy pants are wonderfully slim, and the rest of their line I've found, tends to be well-cut not just in name (whereas J.Press and Brooks Brothers tend to be baggy and loose)

My two Gant shirts are pretty nice in terms of cut and roll and so on (I have a blue longsleeve popover and a off-white pink coat front shirt) but by god the pink one has shitty stitching, the damn thing keeps coming apart every time i wash it. You might wanna try the Kamakura Tokyo fit along with Gitman, Individualized Shirts, Scye Basics, and various mtm operations like Luxire for something more substantial with similar fit and superior quality. You can also try the deadstock SERO shirts O'connells has.

One gripe I have about them in terms of styling is that they have 7 button fronts and gauntlet buttons, but these are vintage details that probably matter less than back collar button and locker loop.

To be fair, shirts are the easiest thing to adjust in terms of fit by taking in sides and darting the back. Embrace the bag and/or find a cheap alterations place.

Only prep school is Queen's senpai

I've learned to tailor and alter all of my clothing, so a perfect fit is not a concern for me- it just irritates me when a label designates what is "slim-fit" what is actually far from it.

Slim fit is a relative concept.

i got rejected from QuARMS though so I'm at Health sci at mac :(

iron that shirt, son.

This. Buy high rise pants and you never have to worry about the fit of your shirt anymore. Regular fit is so comfy.

dont do it. you will come over as tryhard nouveau riche, and its usually worn by the family elder and I doubt youre the oldest at 19

Was Newman the most physically perfect human being ever known?

Do not buy that. I tried it a while ago and it is not even worth the money, feels very cheap and the fit isn't great. I didn't think it was even worth tailoring a jacket so cheap.

Eventually bought one from O'Connells and I love it.

yes

where to get high rise fit pants m8

HARAM

J Press

Damn, there's a shitload of you guys unless it's the same two guys shitposting in every thread.

I think there are probably a few of us. I saw a guy wearing a vintage Bean Norwegian sweater the other day, and another guy in high trousers and loafers the day after. Certainly the kind of person who likes to dress conservatively would generally prefer LA over Berkeley. It's a respected enough school if not a prestigious one, so it's not entirely implausible there are some preps here.

Doesn't change the fact that 95% of us dress like shit, though.

I like Barbours until I saw this pic. Fucking ugly Brits.

J crew

I need this life!

Whats the opinion of t.Anthony bagss here?
Best choice for duffle around 400 bucks?

I'll raise you a Fairfield County

HARAM

Ivy Jihad is my favorite new meme.

damn that's a sweet popover

/bump

kek

wats wrong w em

are brooks brothers high rise?

We'll figure it out after the public beheading, that is, the destruction of your tennis racquet