Raw Denim Care

My April77s fell to pieces and I just copped SLP jeans with my gf, who pointed out that "this guy treats me better than my mother" about the customer service. We will have them in a few days after they get tailored. There's a lot of contradictory advice on the web, so ironically I'm asking here.

How should we go about keeping them dark for as long as possible? Do we need to do an initial cold wash and wear them dry? They fit pretty well already. Should we cold wash them when they get dirty or just dab the dirt and stick them in the freezer?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/does-freezing-your-jeans-kill-bacteria-2014-5
heddels.com/2013/05/denim-crotch-blowouts-why-they-happen-and-how-to-avoid-them/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't wash them ever. Done.

If they smell, put them in the fucking freezer or let them take some air outside for a day.

Sounds good to me, just wanted to make sure. I didn't ever wash my last pair of jeans but they did get a pretty bad blowout even after I had them reinforced.

>16 years after the turn of the century
>still thinks its a good idea to not wash clothes
>still believes you can get rid of smells in the freezer

How do i find a jeans like that? Or just suggest me some good brands that dont cost over 200€
Just searching for a pair of beautiful blue jeans
+ not to slim, since im a big guy
thanks

Maybe if you weren't such a disgusting fat piece of shit that can't properly wipe his ass you wouldn't need to wash your shit.

I have the same pair since three years. Never washed ONCE, they smell pristine, they look pristine.

>still believes you can get rid of smells in the freezer

The freezer kills bacterias dumb fuck.

>step one : go in a shop that sells jeans
>step two : try jeans
>step three : look at yourself in a mirror and make try others if necessary
>step four : buy jeans

People are overthinking way too fucking much with fashion. Just buy something that fits you for fucks sake, it ain't rocket science. Nobody will be able to tell that your shit is from Uniqlo or Saint Laurent, but anyone will be able to tell that your jeans fits you like shit. The whole designer brand meme is pure mental masturbation for teenagers.

>The freezer kills bacterias dumb fuck.

"It is clear that freezing does not kill most of the bacteria," said Redl, "but puts them in a dormant state." Bacteria stops growing in the freezer, but will become active again once you slip your pants back on and those germs are warmed up by the heat of your body.

businessinsider.com/does-freezing-your-jeans-kill-bacteria-2014-5

>tl;dr : there's nothing to worry about

Wipe your ass and stop sweating so much Pajeet, maybe your jeans wouldn't smell so much.

>I think airing your jeans outdoors in the sunlight would be a more effective method of getting rid of odors and a lot of bacteria

??????

>they smell pristine, they look pristine.

Your sense of smell tends to get used to gradual changes so they could be stinking for all you know and you'd never know until someone pointed it out.

Also, if you want to keep it dark as possible then you cold wash it before you wear it so any excess dye will be removed, you're then not going to get the crazy fades that people end up with and it'll generally remain dark for a while. But if you wanted jeans that would retain their black colour then you really should've gone with something that's been double dyed as black.

any way to prevent the shrinkage?

>Your sense of smell tends to get used to gradual changes so they could be stinking for all you know

Nah boy. I always ask my mom to smell my fucking jeans as a security measure.

Plus, colleagues at work would instantly tell me if i smell.

Wait is that sarcasm? Cause thats what i do

Washing softens stiff fabrics and helps prevent blowouts in 100% cotton raws, while if your denim has stretch incorporated into it they should last you longer.

Also theres other factors that come into play, like how high is the rise and if theres rubbing around the crotch area (more noticable in low rise jeans iirc but someone please correct me if i ot it wrong)

it's a low rise with 98% cotton 2% polyutherane.
does it prevent the blowouts because it removes the buildup of lint around the crotch? or is it the actual softening too?

From what i read back in my denimbro days its more on the softening
More comprehensive read here:
heddels.com/2013/05/denim-crotch-blowouts-why-they-happen-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Raw denim will fade no matter what, it's part of what happens when you buy denim raw. If you wash them, make sure you wash them inside out because they will fade a lot if you don't. If you wash them inside out, they will stay darker longer.

Could you get them drycleaned? I don't know if that would work or be good for them but something to think about

no one washes their clothes: the thread

don't be retarded, wash your clothes accordingly

if you live in high temperatures and wear them 3-5 times a week, wash them once a week

if you live in colder temperatures, you can get away with washing once every two weeks

always wash on gentle cycle, cold water, jeans turned inside out, use woolite black

hang dry, never dryer

Due to the cost of construction/cut/materials used, it is more probable a designer brand will fit better and generally last longer.

They wont be able to tell the brand, sure, but like you said it is better something fits good and if your spending that much money, it likely will.

I have a pair of Uniqlo black denim and APC petit new standard black denim

I fucking love and wear the shit out of both; the Uniqlos (due to being tailored) fit like a second skin.

However, it is falling to pieces and I've spent (like an idiot) more money repairing blowouts than what I bought the pair originally for.

These jeans might not look different, but the gulf in quality is insane. The APCs are fucking solid after a year of wear, and I do stupid shit like bike in them as well.

which uniqlo jeans do you have? some are better than others. the ones i have, i've worn pretty much every day for a year and a half now and they're still going strong

thick as fuck 98 cotton 2 polyester selvedge denim that feels like it would be last longer than Acne

the sun will fade your jeans

>2 polyester
lol
youre right though it probably would last longer than acne

don't know why i wrote polyester, it's 2% spandex

jesus christ
I have two pairs of black d02s, get woolite dark, and when you think theyre getting too gross turn them inside out and cold soak them in a tub for half an hour and hang dry

its just a pair of fuckin jeans

thanks for the advice re: my pair of fuckin jeans

I just bought some black acne jeans. What should I do to maintain their present state of color?

isn't getting sick fades the whole point of getting raw denim?

I'm on 6 months with my Rogue SK's. I hang them when I take them off every night. I wear em nearly everyday, do tons of car work in them, go shooting in em, go out in them. They lose the smell of car pretty quickly and they're still relatively clean, going for a year wash. Will be taking them to Europe for a couple months in about 2 weeks.

>Nobody will be able to tell that your shit is from Uniqlo or Saint Laurent

Untrue, clearly you just aren't that well educated on jeans, from the cut to the stitching there are some key indicators of quality.