Is it true? Is this whats going on right now?

Is it true what the picture says? Does Veeky Forums favor Gothninja-core more then dadcore? Does this all have to do with wealth? Or did something happen?

>Rick Owens
>anyone with taste can participate regardless of wealth

that picture is really, really stupid

What a stupid picture

I'm more comfortable dressing dadcore but can't relate to the philosophy

Gothninja is miles better. There were some flamewars in 2012-13 dadcore vs gothninja. Gothninja won. They remained relevant and are still here.
Dadcore died as a passing basic bitch trend.

Those are the facts and what I remember. Fashion took its direction and everything turned out for the better.

>where anyone with taste can participate regardless of wealth

LOL

it's funny because the money you need to spend on gothninja makes fashion more of a product of capitalism than dadcore

are you retarded by any chance? take some time off from this board and live in the real world, just for a little bit

>Gothninja: Anyone can participate regardless of wealth

>gothninja

please stop

Oy, that image is SUCH bullshit. There is no fashion system separate from capitalism and class, please.

The most reliable place to see "gothninja" fashion in New York is Chelsea, with all the galleries, which operate barely under the fantasy that they're accessible because teenagers can get free wine and students can stand around and look but where class and money are very much the price of actual admission, and the point.

The second most reliable is in FiDi in the evening, after business hours, and it should be remembered that capitalism, especially US capitalism, depends on a similar mechanism of ersatz accessibility. After all, *anyone* can start an investment fund.

Also like come ON, these categories are jokes for jokes on the Internet. I've worn Rick Owens and J Press at the same moment and looked like no one in that graphic.

>dadcore is dead
>gothninja is relevant in any way even on sufu
>yohji is gothninja
have you finally transcended into trolling or are you still just retarded?

>does Veeky Forums favor gothninja-core more then dadcore?
>gothninja-core
>than*

I really want newfags to leave. Not even leave just stop posting. Is it really that hard to lurk without you guys shitting up the board. Seriously, how new do you have to be to ask this.

I've been here since the end of '09. Stop pretending you're above others, that shit didn't happen in 12-13 it happened earlier than that you newfag, stop being delusional. Also drop trip you faggot you don't deserve it and no likes you.

/rant
inb4 rustled

>Is it true what the picture says?
No. All clothing conveys cultural capital, which is intrinsically class based even when promoting artistic expression.

>Does Veeky Forums favor Gothninja-core more then dadcore?
Veeky Forums only derides dadcore. This has been status quo for years.

>Does this all have to do with wealth?
Yes, but then everything does. We live in a capitalistic world.

>Or did something happen?
I'll need you to re-frame this question.

Fashion can be separate from class though we just need to go FULL COMMUNISM

>yohji
>gooberninja
REEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES

>Fashion can be separate from class though we just need to go FULL COMMUNISM

Agh, this is complicated. Suffice to say that I don't know if something like the contemporary fashion system can exist without class society, it runs on class so much, semiotically materially everything.

And this is before we even get into issues of social stratification arising separately from resource disparities.

everything nowadays runs on class. we just have a hard time seeing the other case as class pervades too much of our ideologies.

That picture looks like some bullshit some anarcho-commie on R*ddit would make.

what is this 2009? both aesthetics have been objectively dead for about 5 or 6 years now breh

>Anyone

Uhhh dude if you don't kiss constant ass on for a you'll never be accepted as Goff ninja

Also it's very generally only tolerant of Koreans, Filipinos, and niggers.

Very seldomly open to lower end French people's.....it's a very racially driven south east Asian trend looking for pre owned clothes.

Strong hatred for japanese culture despite very worshipping fringe and failing Japanese design labels

>Also drop trip you faggot you don't deserve it and no likes you.
Only Veeky Forums tripfag who earns it is Bateman t bh