Why do kids go crazy over supreme and palace...

Why do kids go crazy over supreme and palace? So much of their stuff is just generic shit with their logo somewhere on it or even somewhere which makes the whole t-shirt/sweatshirt/hoodie/whatever look worse than it would have otherwise and it's all at 20x the price.

I know this goes for a lot of brands too but most of them don't have the huge lines, hype and resale prices you do with these in particular.

Other urls found in this thread:

unionhouse.world.taobao.com/
weichaoliu.taobao.com/
fashionfakes.net/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they're kids

its literally all about quantity and demand. low quantity = high demand = high prices
also palace and supreme are very distinctive (solely because of their logo) and people get this sort of satisfaction from knowing people will recognize how expensive the brand is and how difficult it is to acquire a piece. you know a palace or supreme piece when you see one, how could you not

>difficult to acquire
>tfw i cop perfect 1:1 reps from taobao

Social signaling

Do sellers there do good bape stuff? There's a couple of bape hoodies I want bad

link

unionhouse.world.taobao.com/

unhs has bape
here too weichaoliu.taobao.com/

Buying fakes is the worst of both worlds. It says "I'm the type of person who cares about brands" but also "I don't make enough money to be wearing these clothes".

Not sure what type of girl you are expecting to impress like that.

>he pays insane markup when you can get the EXACT same product for a much lower price

i bet you also pay retail prices for yeezys

I don't even give a shit about brands but sometimes they release some cool unique designs (for example I actually like those bape shark hoodies, regardless of whether or not it's bape) but I'm not willing or have the means to pay £400 for one hoodie.

It's not the exact same product, though. It's a knockoff of a major brand. If you really just wanted some nice clothing, you could buy it without buying a fake. You're buying the fake because you want the logo. You want the logo because it's a social signal. It's a social signal of wealth. You don't have wealth.

Ergo you are only fucking yourself one way or the other if you go the fake route. Bae is going to find out.

>£400 for a bape shark

you've been looking in the wrong places

END sometimes stocks them for £275, but you'd have to get a proxy for it

alternatively you could get it proxied from japan which might work out at around £250

>same material
>both made in china
>one is 300 other is 30
>implying implication

It's the logo, m8. You are paying for the status symbol. Paying ANY amount of money for a fake symbol just makes you the worst type of fuccboi, and I'd like to see you explain it to a girl when she finds out you're a poorfag

You shouldn't be doing it to impress girls, anyways. Buying fakes is fine as long as you actually buy it for the design (which to be fair is more rare) instead of just buying it to flex on those cacs senpai

the conundrum on buying fake or not depends on your belief
some people want to know they're getting the authentic genuine article and wouldn't mind dropping the dosh for it,other people want the aesthetic without regretting dropping alot on it
there's no right and wrong,it just depends on your morality,ethics,belief etc

just say you bought it off ebay faggot.

For the people who want links to rep fashion items.
>rick,raf,supreme,etc...

There are gigantic lists here:
fashionfakes.net/index.php

>It's the logo, m8
then how about the stuff like Rick and Julius, which doesn't have any visible logos? how would you explain the people buying fakes of those?

Even more delusional at that point, I suppose. Because then you're signaling only to people that actually know what "Rick" is, and they're going to spot a fake immediately.

seeing how many legit check threads pop up here and there, it's not as easy as it seems

you seems to assume 'singalling' as a very important part of a fashion. i thoroughly disagree, but to each their own

Stupid

hardly an argument, my friend

Actually, out of the gate, supreme is reasonably priced. The flippers ruin that. And supreme represents a heritage for a generation that still gives a shit. Palace is just jumping on that band wagon and working the psychedelic/goth/sport angle. Don't really care much for them but poseurs gonna pose. Supreme is still sick because their collabs are fun and generally well ahead of the curve.

If more paying the mark-up but still getting the logo makes you a fuccboi, then what does paying the insane mark up but knowing it's still the same made-in-China, exploitative shit make you? An idiot?

why do so many autistic kids play minecraft?

What's funny here is this kid actually doesn't know when he should be paying for authentic or not. Helmut Lang from 92? Buy the real deal. Helmut Lang today? Made in China, $200 a T. Nah son. Supreme? I could make a supreme shirt in about 15mins. Raf grid hoodie? Can't imitate that easy.

honestly it's a good avenue for them to use their autistic mind on replicating whatever they're thinking of in a controlled environment

>mdw she's wearing palace

exactly

you're buying 1:1 reps because it's difficult to acquire the real thing

mfw when ur brokeboi argument defeated itself

why does it look cute on girls but fuccboish on guys?