Discuss anything replica/fakes, legit checking, quality checking, etc

Discuss anything replica/fakes, legit checking, quality checking, etc

Try to keep your saltiness about clothes to a minimum.

FAQ
>w2c best supreme/bape hoodie/jacket?
Check taobao site for a store called unionhouse.
also alibaba has pretty good stuff

>Why do people buy fakes?
People can have many reasons. It could be the retail markup because of the designer is too high, the resell price too high,it's simply unavailable for sale or people just want to save money and buy clothes they like.

>Isn't the quality shit?
The quality can vary depending on the price you pay but it's still vastly cheaper than the retail price regardless. Generally do not bother with fakes for high priced items below $50 unless it's a rep of some cheap item like a hat or beanie. The picture of the UNHS SP (Super perfect) Supreme box logo hoodie is about $80 while the retail price is $148 reselling at $200 to $300. For shoes, there are unauthorized (UA) that are for the same factory, same materials but stolen from factory or were made "unauthorized" often with slight defects. A lot of replicas are very good quality but of course will not be a perfect 1:1 unless it's a truly simple item.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=525942699925&_u=u2js8tq42fd7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How good are Oliver Peoples from aliexpress? Need some new prescription glasses.

Has anyone bought any high end yeezy reps (zztop etc) vouch for how comfortable they are? I've tried on a real pair and they felt great, one of the main reasons I want them.

just buy ultraboosts

Only the gradients left in my area

Interesting thread about fake 1:1 pink Rafdidas:

>trying to turn the "consumerism" argument back on people who can afford real product

There's another thread about this already, but if you buy fakes all you're doing is willfully REPRESENTING to others that you are the type of person who would buy a $300 Supreme piece, but with the added negative that if anyone asks you about it you have to admit you can't afford it and just had to buy a knockoff to look cool.

Pinnacle of consumerism, pinnacle of superficiality, pinnacle of poverty-logic.

>hey those yeezys look sick! whered you get them?
>aliexpress for $30 cheap, here let me show you
>thanks man! im gonna cop a pair tomorrow

You and your friend sound like fuccbois 2bh

>it was a random black guy in the mall
>he wanted to buy them off my feet
>this mad i get compliments on my sick rep fits

How do you think he would feel toward you if he realized that Aliexpress is a Chinese knockoff marketplace?

Do you think you would have received any compliments at all if someone (perhaps a girl you want to be intimate with) figures out that you just purchase fake clothing to make yourself look like you can afford real clothing? Seems like a really narcissistic practice for a poorfag to have.

>i dont hide that they are fakes if anyone asks
>they dont care either

Not the same dude, but fuck you man.
Heres where I think the mentality is wrong. If you can get the reps for cheaper, and you like them, who the fuck cares anymore? its kind of counter culture to NOT be buying into a $300 pair of shoes, buy them for $30, and be open about it.Fuck the low production, limited drop bullshit. This is a way to nto participate and sitll look the way you want that isnt completely over saturated, why do you care!!?!!!?!??!

No, they just don't make fun of you to your face because it would be kind of autistic to do so. The fact that you are the type of person who buys fake knockoffs of real brands is one of those self-evident things that leaves a mark on the impression they have of you, and need not be spoken aloud.

That it stems from poverty ultimately just tells me that you hang out with other poor people tho

Why does "looking the way you want" involve ripping off ridiculous overpriced hype brands? No, seriously, why? It's because you want to look like you can afford to wear them.

i dont buy into reps, somewhat for the reason you said... but in the end I feel like it doesnt matter. They are appealing to the same market

They are getting the same people with the same fucked mentality. If I saw someones pulling off fakes, and they told me they were fakes they fall into two categories for me. One is that they buy intot he hypebeast branded life shit which I don't agree with. Two is that they are at least smart about ti and wont pay $300 for a $50 pair of shoes.

to reiterate, the people buying 90% of these things (outside of the really really low amount of manufactured stuff) already are fucked. let them at least be fucked in a cheaper way if they are smart enough to do it.

I don't think it's "smart," I think it's pitiful. Hypebeast fashion is below shit-tier as it is, but if you can't afford to ball in that league, just fucking switch cores to norm or something fashionable but not predicated on conspicuous consumerism.

To put it another way, if you are buying a product that is designed to signal that you are a rich fuccboi, but you're actually just a poor fuccboi, then buying a fake is doing you no favors. It's not "smart". "Smart" would be buying BOGOs at Target and making your own fits.

ehh honestly as I'm thinking about this more Ill admit youre changing my view

the fact that they are going THIS out of their way to buy into a brand is really sad, and there may be no going past it.

thas it mane

>being poor
143347 is chinese yuan spent
22k~ usd

>a product that is designed to signal that you are a rich fuccboi
what the fuck is it supposed to mean
clothes are not meant to signal wealth, they're made to look a certain way
it's not a diamond chains we're talking here

There goes that guy's argument about being smart by saving some money. You have an addiction brah.

yeah you realy did ti man. like fuck the fact that they will spend the 50 bucks to risk and see how crappy qualioty it is. the whole thing screams desperation.

I still think that depending on your socioeconomic standing there may be a smart way to buy reps. In some places Jordans are power.

no
you can't just claim that people who buy fakes are pitiful,it's just that some brands create artificial scarcity and hype
the stigma on buying fake just on the basis 'you're too poor' and 'stick to your own income level' is pretty baseless when you realize how hard it is to acquire certain pieces which are upmarked to a ridiculous level
you can't claim that you hold a certain level of moral high ground for that

Brands are designed to signal many things, and in this case we are talking wealth.

But sure, it isn't the clothes per se (that is why this thread exists, to make the point that chinashit is 1:1).

Do you know how I handle the artificial scarcity and hype?

I don't buy or wear the fucking clothes. I leave it to the Yung Leans of the world to own that look.

i mean, you're talking to the wrong crowd here

95% of the people who deliberately go after fakes, don't want to play them as they're real anyway

Then why buy fakes as opposed to just... genuine inexpensive clothing.

>they like the look of the piece

that's a pretty narrow minded view point honestly user
the availability of large numbers of fakes just show the market demand for those product,just rescaled to be more accessible to people who either doesn't have the means or capability to afford it
saying that they should stick to other stuff because they don't have the capacity to acquire those products is pretty subjective on itself

>Go to any youtube video with someone unboxing reps of supreme/bape/yeezy etc
>Mad kids that overspent getting angry and replying to every single one of the comments

because it's designer clothing
emphasis on 'design'
they look unique, and i can't get anything similar for cheaper

there's many reason why people would want to buy fakes
maybe they find the price unjustifiable,maybe the stock is limited,some just like the general aesthetic and does not care the genuinity of it
people have the freedom to spend their money on what they want,and buying fake is just a method in procuring a desired want
personally i dont buy fakes but i can understand the reasoning to do so

Since most hypebeast shit looks autistic, you're really not doing yourself any favors.

No doubt the demand is there, that is why prices for originals are high, and that is why the originals signal wealth/status.

So again, buying fakes of these products sends a signal that does not correspond to reality, and evidently people like are just hoping they can say "w-well I like the way it looked and didn't want to pay for it" and convince people such as their future wives that this is ok.

Maybe.

Because they like the design/look? I wouldn't buy a replica of a bape or yeezy collection camo tee because I can just get a cheap camo tee elsewhere

However if I like the look of those shark hoodies for example, not giving a fuck about the brand name and "flexing", and don't want to spend a lot of money on one piece then yeah I'll get 1:1 reps because there aren't any non-brand name alternatives I can find.

Why do people get so angry at people wearing fakes?

Why do you give a shit if what they're wearing is fake? Are you a shareholder in that company?

i don't want a girl who would judge me by my shoes to be my future wife to begin with

about wealth/status, take a look at Grailed
people can pay way under retail, and still have the original piece at the same time. What does it makes them in your opinion?

even celebrities wear fakes

nobody
gives
a
shit

zac efron must have a hard time convincing bitches to fuck him with those on

>it's a signal that does not correspond to reality
having a piece of clothing upmarked to 5 times it's value because of it's tags and place of purchase does not correspond to reality to some people either
i do agree that people tend to wear fakes and pass them off and peacocking them to grab people's attention but yeah you could base off your judgement on the individual rather then the whole process of it

Actually certain celebrities got that red colour exclusively. I know that Paul Pogba did for sure, dunno about Efron.

But i agree with the sentiment, nobody but hypebeast kids gives a shit

>tfw i got my red yeezys "custom" from ping pong too

Yeah my only issue with fakes is when people flex in them and lie about being real or stuff thats relatively cheap and easily available (conversw, stans etc). Some guy at my university had fake yeezys on, before class someone asked him if they were real and he just said "hell no" laughed it off and people still complimented them and asked where he got them from etc

Are fake glasses a thing? I'm interested because I just paid 100 for warby parleys

everything fake is a thing, glasses included

The other day I was reppin my Raybans I got off Ali and someone commented "Woah, nice Raybans. Those real?" and I responded "I got em for like 20 bucks on a chinese site. Look good tho right?" and they responded seemingly satisfied with the response. I figured most of us were fine with people knowing shits fake as long as it looks good.
Then the other day, I saw a post from a dude I showed Ali too. A couple weeks after I showed him the site, he was posting selfies on social media doing stuff like #lv #rayban etc etc. Tagging name brands. I didn't call him on it cuz whatever, you do you, but it felt a bit silly to purposely tag brands on your reps. Couple days later, I was checking his snap story and he's hanging with one of this boys, zooming in on the sneakers yellin "WE GOT THEM YEEZYS." and they're definitely fake. I feel like it's okay to own that "baller on a budget" lifestyle and it seemed like he was fronting a larger than life style than he's really living.
So I'm askin y'all, whats your MO? Someone calls you on your rep, do you own up to it? Do you flaunt your reps as genuine? Have you ever even been called out?
Share your stories.

The clubmasters are 1:1 anyway. Never been called out but never bought anything ridiculous.& honestly some stuff is just better bang for your buck, bought unbranded long tees for $3 each and they are significantly better quality than the $13 long tee at h&m. Things I have gotten compliments on that are reps: NMD ultraboosts, CDG shirt, FoG zipper pants and bomber, ovo dad hat and LV belt. When they ask were I got them from I just say I got a plug.

Its 2 bad most rep store don't make long sleeve shit otherwise I'd have way more reps for my winter outfits.

This is the most infuriating post I've read all day and I hope one day you get hit by a truck.

Where do you get the long tees?

item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=525942699925&_u=u2js8tq42fd7

Some of them are 1:1, but then others seem to be missing details. The pair of Scheyers that I got are really damn close (font on the inside is wrong color, but that's it), and they are well made. A lot of the fakes seem to be missing the pattern on the wire inside the arms/temples. Others seem to have the wrong color plaque at the temple tips or wrong colored hinges.

From the ratings, and personal experience, I would say that most of them are well made, but I'm a bit autistic about small details, and sometimes the missing things ruin them for me when comparing the pictures of the fakes on ali and the official ones.

Has anyone bought moscot fakes off of aliexpress? How is the quality?

What seller do you recommend getting shoes from?

If anyone has any Taobao links to Wtaps (or similar) stuff I would appreciate it. Going to be putting in an order soon for some other things.

aliexpress got sued for selling fakes you literally wont be able to find anything on ali anymore

That would explain why I suddenly can't find $70 yeezys anymore

My mom wanted a pair for walking because mine were so comfortable

i dont really flex my purchases,except decent thrifts because you always know your'e getting a good deal

w2c good rep rick owens pods or prisoners ?

such a bummer dude all the trainers are so comfortable. and at the price why not you know.

can anyone suggest me other websites to get fakes other than aliexpress and taobao?

buy her real ultra boost or something, it would be much better than rep yeezys plus pretty sure the ultra boost is more comfy than legit ones